from £100 / night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Villa Elysian Villa
- 4 bedrooms
- 8 sleeps
- 7 nights min stay
Villa / 4 bedrooms / 4 bathrooms / sleeps 8
- Beach / lakeside relaxation
- Great for children of all ages
- Car advised
- Air conditioning
- No pets allowed
- Private garden
- Great for children of all ages
- No pets allowed
Description from owner
The Villa Elysian overlooks the Rotonda water way with beautiful views and stunning sunsets, not to mention its exotic wildlife – including the occasional alligator. As can be seen on the map Florida state park is just a short distance away from the villa.Villa Elysian is also one of the largest properties in the area sitting on a double lot of about half an acre. Being a former show house (model home) it is equipped to the highest standard with many, many upgrades from superior kitchen and bathroom features, blinds to decorative items.This luxury home sleeps eight in comfort, while ten can be accommodated easily, and is ideal for two families. It is fully equipped with everything that families or groups of friends require for a memorable holiday. For the cycling enthusiast there are 4 bikes (2 gents 2 ladies/child) to explore the local area; additional bikes can be hired if required. Within minutes of walking or cycling is situated Florida National Parkland, a lovely, tranquil, unspoiled
The Villa Elysian overlooks the Rotonda water way with beautiful views and stunning sunsets, not to mention its exotic wildlife – including the occasional alligator. As can be seen on the map Florida state park is just a short distance away from the villa.Villa Elysian is also one of the largest properties in the area sitting on a double lot of about half an acre. Being a former show house (model home) it is equipped to the highest standard with many, many upgrades from superior kitchen and bathroom features, blinds to decorative items.This luxury home sleeps eight in comfort, while ten can be accommodated easily, and is ideal for two families. It is fully equipped with everything that families or groups of friends require for a memorable holiday. For the cycling enthusiast there are 4 bikes (2 gents 2 ladies/child) to explore the local area; additional bikes can be hired if required. Within minutes of walking or cycling is situated Florida National Parkland, a lovely, tranquil, unspoiled area with a host of wildlife. There are sun shades, beach chairs, a cool box and plenty of beach towels. For those interested there is even a bird watching kit and guide to local birds, and a wall map to plan outings locally. When not dining in local eating places the gas BBQ can be fired up to enjoy outdoor eating by the pool, whilst watching glorious Florida sunsets, with a suitable drink in hand.
If you wish we will supply a Welcome Pack, cot, high chair, extra gas cylinders for the BBQ etc. Should you have any problems at all our excellent Management Team are there to help.
Please take the time to read our very comprehensive Information Booklet provided in the villa. It covers all aspects of your stay, from safety issues to details of beaches, golf courses, maps, activities, shopping and eating places.
Further details indoors
The main living area is of the open plan design, which consists of a beautifully furnished living room overlooking the pool and lanai, a formal dining area and a breakfast/casual dining area close to the kitchen. The telephone is located on the breakfast bar area – all local calls are free and phone cards can be purchased very cheaply from most supermarkets.
Further details outdoors
Through sliding doors, from the open plan interior, there is a fully screened pool with removable child guard. The pool is solar-heated for most of the year, electrically heated for the cooler months, generally from October through to March. There is a luxury hydro spa. There is no extra charge for the electric heating to the pool. There is an additional charge of £50pw for use of the Hydro spa.
Location description from owner
The Southwest Gulf Coast region
Set just inland from the Gulf Coast, on the Cape Haze peninsula, the Rotonda West deeded-estate, is in the lovely county of Port Charlotte, and is set in a large circular area featuring water ways, wooded areas and its own four golf courses.The Estate is situated so that all the amenities and attractions of the area are all close to hand. Magnificent beaches with uncrowded white beaches, where pelicans dive into the water, dolphins can be seen and exotic shells collected, are a short drive away as are shops, banks, DVD rentals, take-aways, bars and restaurants.To look after day to day needs, shopping ranges from the nearby Win Dixie, Publix and Wal-Mart supermarkets on McCall Road, route 776, 10 minutes away, to the large shopping malls of Port Charlotte a 20 min drive away, containing all the stores and shops that could possibly be desired. All these outlets stock anything you could need. Note that the age to purchase tobacco is 18 and for alcohol 21 and ID is often asked for.Travel to the area from Orlando, Tampa or Miami is simple as Interstate 75 passes close by and is easily reached from these main airports. Tampa is shortest travel time to Rotonda, and is probably the easiest airport to use.
- WatersportsThe beaches are the jewel in the crown of this amazing area - never crowded even on holidays and week ends.Port Charlotte Beach Complex is a public beach at the southeast end of Harbor Boulevard in Port Charlotte. The beach complex offers a beach club, fishing pier, tennis, volleyball and basketball courts, horseshoe pits, a pool (at annual or one-time rates), a snack bar, boat ramps and barbecue grills. Englewood Beach is Charlotte County's only gulf beach. Located along County Road 776 (Beach Road) near the Charlotte-Sarasota County line, the beach has light-colored sand and tufts of sea oats growing along the dune line.Stump Pass, a state recreation area, is for those who want the privacy of a more secluded beach and is located just past Englewood Beach at the end of the road. By walking on a short path through beautiful trees and vegetation, beachgoers will see lizards and other wildlife before coming to a more secluded white sand beach. Boca Grande is a public beach located just outside of Charlotte County. The only way to reach this island paradise is by driving along State Road 771 in Charlotte County.After paying a $3.20 toll for cars, visitors will drive along a road surrounded on both sides by light-green water and white sand. The public beach, which is comparable to Caribbean beaches, features three lighthouses and large shade trees near shore.Dolphins often can be seen from the beach. Snorkelers will find a variety of sea shells near sandbars, and non-swimmers can stroll on the beach, collecting just as many shells. The best fishing and shelling is at the southeast public beach.The beach offers full facilities, including freshwater showers, picnic tables and grills. There are no lifeguards on duty. The beach closes at dusk. The town of Boca Grande has several quaint shops, an ice cream parlor and restaurants- GolfIf golf is your passion then this is the place. Florida is famous for its golf courses and the local area is dotted with world class courses, 18 at the last count, plus golf academies and driving ranges, open to the public. There are challenges for any golfer from beginner to low handicap. Rotonda itself has its own 5 golf courses with their own unique character. Bring your clubs or rent at the course.- Boating and FishingThe area around Port Charlotte is well known as a fishing and boating playground and there are many locations renting boats and tackle for the enthusiast. So if you like fishing, Charlotte County’s beaches are great spots to cast into the surf or cruise the shoreline in your boat in search of exotic game fish including, tarpon, mackerel, whiting and more.- Other activitiesFlorida is famed as a resort holiday location and as a result there is much else to do this includes; tennis, water sports, jet skiing, bowling, golf, bicycling, walking, canoeing, and don’t forget the shopping and eating out.- Other AttractionsFishermen's Village is located in Punta Gorda on the east side of Charlotte harbour, with its many attractions including, fishing, sailing, water sports, sightseeing, sunset boat cruises, live entertainment, waterfront bars and restaurants, and its spectacular sunsets. North of Rotonda is Tampa home to Busch Gardens, plus Adventure Island water park, Aquarium, Zoo, museums and more!
Bed & bathroom
- 3 Double Beds, 1 Sofa Bed, 2 Single Beds
- 3 En suites, 1 Shower room
- Air conditioning
- Children's pool
- Jacuzzi or hot tub
- Private garden
- Bicycles available
- Internet access
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Video player
- DVD player
- CD player
- Linen provided
- Towels provided
- Secure parking
- Accessible for wheelchair users — please contact the owner for details before booking
- This owner does not use online booking. Please contact them and they will be able to offer you a secure way to pay for your stay. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
- No smoking at this property
About the owner
- Response rate:
- Calendar updated:
- 24 Mar 2015
- Years listed:
- Based in:
- United Kingdom
Languages spoken: English
This Villa has 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and sleeps 8. It’s been listed on Holiday Lettings since 13 Aug 2010. Located in Rotonda West, it has 3 reviews with an overall rating of 5. The average weekly rate is £700.
The property’s calendar was last updated on 24 Mar 2015.
Map and how to get there
– based on 3 reviews
- Very Good
“So relaxing we didn't want to leave......”
The owners of the villa couldn't do enough for us and even changed a shower head to suit our disabled daughter.The villa was spotless and had everything you could need in the kitchen...we even cooked a Thanksgiving meal! The pool and jacuzzi was lovely and again the outside area was spotless and had very comfortable sunloungers and outside dining set..beach towels were supplied and there was plenty of extra bedding and towels. We made use of the bicycles and had a relaxing ride around the Rotonda circle and saw loads of local wildlife including an armadillo. The location was excellent for exploring Floridas state parks and fantastic beaches..Boca Grande being a 15 min drive. We really had a wonderful holiday and would definitely recommend this villa to all ages..the pool being super safe for young children as there is a safety fence around it
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours