from £53 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £53 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Guest house / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 4 Home 371687
Availability Your dates are available
Guest house / 1 bedrooms / sleeps 4
Thanks to its enchanting location over a hill overlooking the blue Mediterranean sea, the bright, cozy apartment "Casa Azzurra" offers a breathtaking view in one of the most evocative places of the Amalfi Coast, Praiano, in the heart of the Amalfi Coast.
You reach the apartment through a flight of about 90 steps from the main road.
Although its nearness to the road, this apartment is very quiet, and a very short distance from the historical "Tower a Mare", where we suggest a visit.
The house is about 50squared meters and can host 3 people.
The terrace, equipped with table, chairs and two chaises longue, has a stunning, huge view over the blue sea and the Divine Amalfi Coast.
It is about 1 km away from the center of Praiano and about 200meters away from the local beach, Marina di Praia, where you can enjoy typical local dishes in the restaurants and cafes over the sea.
Through a typical flight of steps (scalinatella) which leads to the Tower a Mare and a picturesque path in the rock you will reach the beach and also the characteristic, disco Africana, completely built onto and into the rock.
The furniture of this apartment is simple and very comfortable, it is equipped with air conditioning.
You enter Casa Azzurra directly into the sitting-room/kitchen whose floor is made up with bright and crystal clear majolica.
The kitchen is equipped with 4 burners, an electric oven, a refrigerator with freezer. In the living area there are a table for four people, a tv, a sofa bed and a netbook with 3g internet connection (on request).
From the kitchen few steps will lead you the romantic bedroom in the loft (mezzanine).
The bathroom is equipped with washbasin, stand-up shower, wc and hair-dryer.
Casa Azzurra will give you the chance to enjoy a holiday close to the Nature, but it will also be a perfect starting point to discover all the beautiful towns of the Coast and further, such as Amalfi, Positano, Sorrento, Pompei, Paestum, Napoli and the Royal Palace (Reggia) of Caserta.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedrooms|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Nearest beach||Praia Beach|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: www.portal.gesac.it/portal/page/portal/internet 60 km, Nearest railway: www.trenitalia.com 24 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Air conditioning, Wi-Fi available|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Access||Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
The Amalfi Coast region
Declared one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites for its undisputed beauty and the uniqueness of its natural landscape, the Amalfi Coast is the land characterised by the oxymoronic combination between mountain and sea, the farmer and the fisherman. The mountain, that thanks to the intense work of man, has been adapted to the demands of life over the ages. It plunges steeply into a sea, creating charming coves, deep fjords, cliffs, caverns, bays, natural arches and small pebble beaches; natural elements that have created, over the centuries, an enchanting, sinuous and seductive landscape: it is certainly not a coincidence that this area is known as the land of the Sirens, in the Homer's epic poem "Odysseus". Typical houses, painted in warm pastel colors, follow the natural slope of the foothills of Mounts Lattari, leaning against each other, creating a very picturesque landscape. From the characteristic terraces, built with dry stone walls, expands the intense scents of the lemon groves, the vineyards, the broom, the bright colors of bougainvillea which, combined with the smell of salt air, creates a unique sensory experience.
Thirteen are the pearls of this land, located along a stretch of road among the most scenic in the world, ripped from the bare rock, which give the tourists strong emotions, pleasant memories and a strong desire to return as soon as possible to this little piece of heaven on earth.
Located between Positano and Conca dei Marini, the ancient Plagianum (from greek "open sea") consists of a colorful and intricate maze of narrow streets, alleys and staircases, typical houses in pastel lime with flowered balconies, terraces of lemons and sacred images, as far as the sea. Here it is possible to enjoy one of the most fascinating and romantic view of the Amalfi Coast: a large stretch of sea with, on the right, the lights of the bay of Positano, Li Galli islands, the Sorrento peninsula, the tip of Punta Campanella and the Faraglioni of Capri in the background. Who said that the sunsets in Praiano are among the most romantic in the world, he has told certainly the truth!
Until a few years ago, Praiano was just a fishing village; today it has opened to tourism preserving its most authentic and genuine soul, avoiding mass tourism and offering, in this way, a quiet and relaxing atmosphere. A population of craftsmen, since 1300-1400, the inhabitants of Praiano were specialised in the production of linen, coral objects (artisans working with coral were easy to recognize because of the earrings they wore, an antique Saracen tradition), hair nets, anchovies packed in salt and weaving palms during the Easter period.
The town features numerous historical, architectural and naturalistic attractions:
- the Church of San Luca the Evangelist, in Baroque style; the interior is decorated with a beautiful tiled floor with a floral motif and, in the center, the image of the patron saint, depicted in the act of painting. The original structure dates from the XIII century. Interesting are also the silver bust of the Saint (1694) and two panel paintings ("The Circumcision" by Giovan Bernardo Lama and the "Madonna del Rosario" by Padovano De Montorio).
- the Church of San Gennaro, in the village of Vettica Maggiore, built in Renaissance style and features three naves and a dome covered with majolica tiles. It was built in the XVI century on the ruins of an existing building dating from the XIII century, which was entitled to the same Saint. Inside are preserved paintings of "The Annunciation" (1696), "The Martyrdom of Saint Bartholomew" (1747) by Giambattista Lama and the "Sacred Family" (end of XVI century).
- the Church of Santa Maria a Castro with the adjoining convent of San Domenico, situated on the slopes of Mount Sant'Angelo a Tre Pizzi, at 360 meters above sea level. It was mentioned for the first time in 1599, and preserves inside a venerated image of Our Lady of Grace (XV century).
- the Church of San Giovanni Battista, built at the center of the town and dates back to the XI-XII century. Inside it features a beautiful terracotta tiled floor and a imposing pipe organ, both of the Neapolitan school.
- the Chapel of San Tommasos, a single nave plan building covered with a barrel vault. Inside there is an XVIII century wooden crucifix and a XVI century Neapolitan school altarpiece depicting the Madonna and Child with St. Thomas.
- the Church of St. Catherine of Alexandria, located close to the Torre a Mare;
- the Chapel of St. Nicholas, with an organ of XVIII century of the Neapolitan school, and a famous painting depicting the saint;
- the Church of Our Lady of Constantinople;
- the remains of the Church of San Costanzo;
- numerous sacred images, built with the typical "riggiole" tiles of majolica, which represent the fervent faith of local people;
- the fortified towers, built to defend the area from the Saracen pirate attacks, part of the imposing defense system of the Amalfi Coast;
- Marina di Praia, a fiord bay located between two high rock walls. On the tip of the promontory stands the Torre a Mare, of medieval origin, which is reachable by a charming panoramic promenade around the cliff of La Praia, not far from the surface of the sea.
- La Cala of Gavitella, the only beach on the Amalfi Coast illuminated until sunset. On the nearby cliff stands the Tower del Grado, built during the Spanish Viceroy domination.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
21 Sep 2015
"ideal setting on the Amalfi coastline with a fantastic view of the Med !"
Casa Azzura is a nice sized apartment, well located with shops and restaurants within walking distance and with an unforgettable view from the terrace. Outside dining is a must with terrific views of the coastline a wonderful place for relaxation. The apartment is well equipped, offers good living space and is set in a quiet residential location. We spent a glorious week at Casa Azzura using the local bus services to explore in both directions along the coast which is far more convenient than car rental with the problems you would have finding a place to park. As long as you are fit and able to deal with all the steps and climbs to and from the shops, beaches and up and down from the apartment we would absolutely recommend you book this accommodation. The hosts were more than helpful before booking and during our stay.
You're booking with
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:17 Nov 2015
Based in Italy