from £51 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £51 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Apartment / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 4 Home 132793
Availability Your dates are available
Apartment / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 4
The apartment is situated just outside Piedimonte Etneo on the north eastern slopes of the famous volcano Mount Etna and overlooks the Fogliarino valley. Ideally situated, it sits in the countryside but is in between the Mountain and the Sea. A perfect holiday to enjoy the clear blue sea and sunbathing or for enjoying mountain walks or skiing.Leading from the living area is the terrace, furnished with a table and chairs to enable you to dine al fresco or relax on a lounger soaking up the sun. Alternatively, relax in the private paved garden beneath the olive tree. Piedimonte Etneo lies in a position between the Ionian Sea and the mount Etna.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 3 bedrooms|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Nearest beach||Marina di Cottone 3 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Catania 35 km, Nearest railway: Fiumefreddo 3 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Fridge, Freezer|
|Furniture||Double Beds (1), Sofa Beds (1), Single Beds (2), Cots available (2), Dining seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden|
|Access||Secure parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details outdoors|
Leading from the living area is the terrace, furnished with a table and chairs to enable you to dine al fresco or relax on a lounger soaking up the sun. Alternatively, relax in the private paved garden beneath the olive tree. Piedimonte Etneo lies in a position between the Ionian Sea and the mount Etna.
The Sicily region
Sicilia, the island in the sun, is home to Heavenly beaches, majestic mountains and Europe's greatest natural wonder, Mount Etna.Sicily is a place unlike any other in Italy. Sicilia, the island in the sun, is home to Heavenly beaches, majestic mountains and Europe's greatest natural wonder, Mount Etna.Sicily is a place unlike any other in Italy.
The apartment is situated just outside Piedimonte Etneo on the north eastern slopes of the famous volcano Mount Etna and overlooks the Fogliarino valley. Ideally situated, it sits in the countryside but is in between the Mountain and the Sea. A perfect holiday to enjoy the clear blue sea and sunbathing or for enjoying mountain walks or skiing.There are two ski areas on Etna. The northern one ends in Linguaglossa and the southern resort is above Nicolosi. The northern side can be reached by the Highway A18 Linguaglossa and Piano Provenzana (altitude 1900 m.). You can also visit the Etna Natural Park with its numerous natural footpaths with graded levels of difficulties.
· Taormina is touristy, but when you come here, you'll understand why. It is situated with a spectacular view of the volcano Mount Etna. And to take in an evening concert at Taormina's stunning outdoor Greek theatre, you'll feel like you're communing with the heavens. (In the past few years, Peter Gabriel and Simply Red have been some of the performers there.)
· If you're a shopaholic, Taormina's boutiques will more than satisfy. On the main pedestrian streets, you'll find everything from locally made lemon soap to designer gold jewelry studded with Sicilian coral.
· And a hike up to Castelmona, the town above Taormina, is divine for the views. Castelmola is a charming little town. If you don't wish to hike uphill from Taormina, it is a short bus ride away.
Great experience and a refreshing swim during the blistering summer! Toddlers to grannies were wading and swimming today (August) in the constant 17 degree, crystal clear water coming out of the gorge. The water is brisk but then you just stand up and dry off in the sun.
How to get there:
· From the Airport of Catania Fontanarossa, bypass of Catania, highway Catania-Messina, exit at the toll booth Giardini Naxos.
· From Messina: Highway A18 Me-Ct exit at the toll booth Giardini Naxos, then go ahead in the direction of Francavilla di Sicilia, Castiglione di Sicilia, Randazzo.
· Highway Messina-Palermo exit at the toll booth S.Agata Militello, then go ahead in the direction of San Fratello, Cesarò, Randazzo, Castiglione di Sicilia, Francavilla di Sicilia.
· Ordinary Roads:
· From the Ionian coast, SS 185 of Sella Mandrazzi, from Giardini Naxos to Francavilla di Sicilia.
· From the Tyrrhenian coast, location Oliveri-Furnari, in the direction of Novara di Sicilia, go ahead to Francavilla di Sicilia
· SS 116 from Floresta, Santa Domenica di Vittoria, Randazzo
· From Catania, in the direction of Paternò, Bronte, Meletto, Randazzo, Francavilla di Sicilia (SS 284)
· SS 120 from Randazzo, Castiglione di Sicilia.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.
You're booking with
94% Response rate
Calendar updated:28 Feb 2015
Based in United Kingdom