from £47 /night help Price for guests, Nights
from £47 /night help Price for guests, Nights
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Farmhouse / 5 bedrooms / sleeps 9 Home 144469
Availability Your dates are available
Farmhouse / 5 bedrooms / sleeps 9
Ferme Christine is a renovated farmhouse situated in the tranquil countryside of the northern Ariege. Family groups enjoy spending time playing and sunbathing round the pool. In the evening the pool barn, with it's barbecue, provides a relaxing environment to end the day.
The area is rich in good restaurants and town markets. Visit Cathar castles, walk in the Pyrenees or take the property's bikes for a ride round the flat countryside.
|Size||Sleeps up to 9, 5 bedrooms|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Shower rooms|
|Nearest Amenities||2 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Toulouse or Carcassonne 70 km, Nearest railway: Pamiers 4 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, Yes, smoking allowed|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||TV, Video player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double beds (3), Single beds (6), Cots (2), Dining seats for 12, Lounge seats for 12|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ, Bicycles available|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
* Fitted kitchen with dishwasher, washing machine and microwave* Spacious dining room with wood burning stove for central heating in winter* Comfortable sitting room with sofas, books, games and HD TV with TNT (French digital channels) and DVD.
|Further details outdoors|
* Table and chairs in courtyard at front of house for dining or sitting.* Table and chairs in garden at rear of house for dining or sitting.* Table and chairs in Pool Barn for dining or sitting.* Pool terrace has table and chairs, parasols and sun loungers.* Pool is 5m x 10m with a safety step at 1m depth all round the edge. There are large roman steps to enter the pool. Half of the pool has a depth of 1m and the deep end descends to a well of 1.7m.* Parking in the courtyard.* 6 bikes for touring the surrounding flat countryside and visiting village shops and cafes.
* The Hayloft apartment on site may be rented to other holidaymakers.* Exclusive use of the site (ie no holidaymakers in the Hayloft apartment) can be secured by paying a £200 supplement.* The owner lives in an apartment on the site.
The Midi-Pyrénées region
The Ariege is the area south of the Toulouse bordering the river Ariege down to the Pyreneean border with Spain and Andorra. This gives a great variety of landscapes from agricultural flat lands through gentle hill country with beautiful hill towns to the breathtaking views of the Pyrenees. Historically the area has been known for its Cathar communities in medieval times and subsequently an enduring protestant tradition.
The climate in the summer (June - September) is generally warm and sunny (high 20s, low 30s).
* Markets can be found every day of the week - especially interesting are the large Monday market at Mirepoix and the brocante (bric-a-brac) market in Pamiers on a Sunday.
* Excellent restaurants can be found in towns and villages throughout the area. (A personally recommended list is supplied)
* Cathar castles such as breathtaking Montsegur and fairy tale Carcassone cannot be missed.
* Outdoor pursuits are plentiful, such as canoeing, cycling (6 bikes supplied), horse riding, walking in the Pyrenees and birdwatching ( a splendid reserve is at Mazeres).
* Nature is all around - see the Bison farm, the eagles of Lordat, the wolves of the Pyrenees.
* Golf - the area is a natural centre for a golfing holiday starting with the local course at La Bastide de Serou.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
30 Oct 2011
"I'll be back"
Great place if you enjoy getting away from the tourist honey pots. Bringing, or hiring, transport is essential if you are going to make the most of your holiday, but you can easily hop on one of the Ferme's bikes to go get your morning baguette and croissant. It's pretty flat round about, although for the keen the Pyrenees are only a short drive and the cycling there is quieter than the Alpine routes but just as satisfying for a 'roadie'. The owner is a great source of information on the area and will do his best to recommend places to see, eat and shop.
You're booking with
- 4 Years listed
95% Response rate
Calendar last updated:01 Sep 2015
Based in France