Masseria dell'Uliveto: Farmhouse Holiday in Puglia
from £74 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £74 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
Villa / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 6 Home 347404
Availability Your dates are available
Villa / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 6
Masseria dell'Uliveto is a fascinating and historic Apulian vacation home boasting a splendid private pool (14x8m) with three bedrooms. The masseria is surrounded by secular olive trees.
The masseria has been restored with great attention to detail. It is fully furnished with rustic, timeless and tasteful furniture. Outdoor furniture has been updated.
This vacation home is situated a few kilometers from the sea in the countryside famous for its timeless sights. It is surrounded by historical masserie and secular olive trees.
Masseria dell'Uliveto is composed of:
- Ample cooking and dining zone
- Living room with sofa, TV area (satellite/Sky) and fireplace
- A bedroom with two single beds
- Primary bedroom with a double bed composed of two single beds adjoined.
- Complete bathroom with shower
- Second bedroom with its own complete bathroom
The outdoor area is full of greenery and vegetation. It is enhanced by a beautiful porch with climbing plants, the large private pool (14 x 8 meters) is near the structure and there are a number of alcoves and hammocks around the garden. There is a laundry area and a large outdoor oven / barbecue.
We suggest Masseria dell'Uliveto to families or couples of friends who are looking for an authentic and tranquil home located among nature and only five minutes from the beach.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Check in time:||16:00|
|Check out time:||10:00|
|Nearest beach||Monopoli - Capitolo|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bari Palese, Nearest railway: Monopoli|
|Family friendly||Suitable for children over 5|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Single beds (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ|
|Access||Parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
The Puglia region
Puglia is a wonderful area to consider. It offers at least one excellent archeological museum, a host of cathedrals dating back to the 10th century, Greek and Roman ruins, a gleaming necklace of lively fishing villages, one of Europe's largest forests, a chain of medieval hilltowns, and some of the very cleanest beaches and water in the Mediterranean.
Monopoli is a very nice town on the sea, famous, apart for its beaches and clean waters, also for its baroque churches.
What to see:
- CATHEDRAL - it is one of the most attractive examples of Baroque in the entire Apulian region. Its imposing monumental front is flanked on the left by an elegant bell tower that has markedly projecting cornices separating its floors. Notable is the Byzantine icon portraying the Madonna della Madia - legend tells that the sacred image was washed up from the sea on a stack of trunks, that were then used for the building of the trussed roof - very well-preserved and of fine workmanship, it dates from 1280.
- SANTA MARIA DEGLI AMALFITANI - a Romanesque building erected at the beginning of the twelfth century on a pre-existing rock settlement.
- ABBEY OF SANTO STEFANO a fortified complex built in 1086, the remains of an old church survive in the inner courtyard, still inside there are the visible remains of the Roman settlement of Turris Paola, one of the landing places for nearby Egnazia.
- CASTLE bounded on three sides by the sea and protected on the fourth by a moat that no longer exists, it was used as a prison until the beginning of the twentieth century, the castle has been recently restored and today houses the Municipal Archaeological Museum on its first floor.
- PURGATORIO CHURCH with images of skeletons on its doors. Inside you will find familiar Baroque interior but on the adjusting chapel you will find mummies of some local citizens. If the church is closed then you can watch some of the mummies through the street window.
- PALAZZO PALMIERI central square of the Centro Storico.
- MADONNA DEL SOCCORSO CHURCH old grotto with frescoes was dug out of a natural cavity in the rock.
It consists of 99 districts (?contrade?) characterized by the presence of ?Masserie Fortificate? of ancient roman origin, Rupestrian Churches, neo-classic villas and houses.
The outstanding landscape consists of almond and olive trees, apart from fruit trees of all sort and vegetables cultivation.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
Hello Apulia (Property Manager HelloApulia)
- 6 Years listed
Calendar last updated:07 Oct 2015
Based in Italy
Credit cards accepted