Map and how to get there
Tap to zoom
How to get there
Nearest travel links
|Train station||Leuk 12 km|
|Car||Car not necessary|
Activities near Leukerbad
|Sports||Tennis in town, Skiing – property near ski resort, Waterpark|
|Great for||Walking holidays, Rural or countryside holidays, Cycling holidays|
How to get there
- Fly to Geneva airport. Many budget airlines fly to Geneva from the U.K. Easyjet and Ryan Air run a reliable regular service from many U.K airports. Return flights from as little as £60.
- from Geneva take the motorway to Lausanne - Vevey - Montreux - Sion - Sierre (keep heading for Simplon) - 6km at the end of the motorway to Susten - then take the mountain road clearly marked Leukerbad (15km)
- from Bern take the motorway to Vevey - Sion - Sierre - 6km after the end of the motorway - turn left to Leukerbad (15km)
- from the U.K. The European motorway network makes driving via the Channel tunnel or ferry a viable aternative. It takes about 8 hours to drive from Calais and about 4 hours from Paris. Route planner services are available on the internet.
- from Geneva. (2 hours) A reliable and punctual rail service is available from the airport to Leuk. From there you will need to get the mountain bus - it always waits for the train. Tickets may be ordered in advance from the SBB website (www.sbb.ch) where there are many options for savings, for example using a one-day travel card or a one-month half-fare card, which allows you enjoy a 50% discount on all travel by public transport i.e. day trips to Zermatt, Interlaken etc.
Tickets can also be purchased from the Ticket Office at Geneva Airport Railway Station. A return ticket to Leukerbad includes the bus journey from Leuk. The bus always meets the train. The bus driver will drop you at the end of the road (300m) if you ask him; otherwise get a taxi from the bus station.