Map and how to get there
Tap to zoom
How to get there
Nearest travel links
|Car||Car not necessary|
Activities near Les Houches
|Sports||Tennis in town, Water sports, Horse riding, Skiing – property near ski resort|
|Great for||Walking holidays, Rural or countryside holidays, Cycling holidays|
How to get there
When driving in France, it is law to have a breakdown warning triangle and yellow jacket in the car. The jacket must only be stored in the boot if you can access it from inside the car, otherwise it must be stored inside the driver/passenger part of the car.
Driving from Geneva Airport? (The trip is about 100km.)
• Remember that the French motorway signs are blue whereas the Swiss signs are green.
If you drive on the swiss motorways you will need the swiss road tax (Vignette) which costs approx. 40chf. Or alternatively hire cars from the swiss side of the airport. This also has the advantage of being easier to find when you come to return the car.
• This route avoids Geneva centre and is usually quicker though about 14km longer.
• There are two toll péage points which will cost about 6€.
• Leave the airport and join the main road.
• Follow the green motorway signs to France along a straight road for about 1km.
• At a large junction with traffic lights at an elevated road above, turn left, still following the green motorway sign.
• Immediately move into the right lane.
• Drive 150m then take a sharp right turn slip road onto the motorway sign-posted France.
• The E62-A1-E25 motorway takes you to the border with France, where you will pass through the customs.
• Once in France follow the blue signs for Chamonix Mont-Blanc.
Take the A40-E25 motorway to Chamonix (autoroute blanche)
• The motorway ends at a toll and then the road climbs up towards Chamonix.
• From the main road take the exit to Les Houches, just after Servoz.
• Pay attention as you exit this slip road as there is a give way junction very soon after you turn off the motorway.
• Turn right at this junction towards Les Houches.
• Follow the road up and continue on this road as it curves sharp left (passing the Bellevue Telecabine on your right).
• You pass over one green metal bridge and then after a few shops and chalets, a second smaller bridge. These bridges both have large flowers hanging from them.
• The chalet is on the left immediately after the second bridge.
• There is space for one car to park outside the main chalet, just off from the main road.
The apartment is on the lower floor of the chalet and access to the door (which is directly below the ground floor door) is down a carpeted staircase underneath an open roof in front of the house.
If there is no one there, please knock at the chalet above.