Map and how to get there
Tap to zoom
How to get there
Nearest travel links
|Ferry||Rosyth 20 km|
|Train station||Waverley Train Station 2 km|
|Car||Car not necessary|
Activities near Royal Mile
|Great for||Walking holidays, City breaks, Nightlife, Cycling holidays|
How to get there
Transport Links are excellent as the apartment is close to several main bus routes which access most areas of the city and beyond.
1) Bus/Airport: The No. 35 Lothian (airport) Bus stops on Chambers Street which is less than 5 min walk from the apartment. The ticket costs £1.60 and will take about an hour to get from the airport to the apartment. The (airport) Airlink 100 express reaches Waverley Bridge (under 1 mile from apartment) in about 30-40mins, depending on traffic. During the day this bus leaves every 10mins and costs £4.50.
2) Taxis: Are widely available at the airport and cost around £25 (depending on traffic) to get to the apartment. Alternatively try calling City Cabs or Central Taxis.
3) Trains: Waverley Train Station is a 10mins walk away. A taxi to or from Waverley would cost around £5 (depending on traffic) to get to the apartment. The station has a baggage storage area.
4) Car: Nearby access to the city bypass and motorway networks provides ease of access and options for those who travel by car. There are metered parking spaces outside the flat, which are free on Sundays, alternatively the 24Hr St Johns Hill NCP car park is approximately 5mins walk away. There are seven safe and secure "park and rides" operating in and around Edinburgh. The Sheriffhall Park and Ride provides free parking for upto 7 nights, with a frequent bus services (C.£1.60) to/from town.
5) Tram: A quick 3 min walk from the airport will take you to the tram stop where you can buy tickets (£5.50 an adult). Trams run every 8-10mins and it will take c. 40mins to get to Princes Street. Alighting here you can then take a Lothian bus (3, 31, or 33) to the Festival Theatre and Drummond Street is just a 2 minute walk from here or you can walk from Princes Street which will take c. 20mins.