Map and how to get there
Tap to zoom
How to get there
Nearest travel links
|Ferry||North Shields 78 km|
|Train station||Chathill 5 km|
Activities near Beadnell
|Sports||Water sports, Horse riding, Fishing|
|Great for||Walking holidays, Rural or countryside holidays, Nightlife, Beach or lakeside relaxation, Cycling holidays|
How to get there
Directions heading North
Travelling to us from the South? We’ve provided some directions for you that should help guide you from the A1 North of Newcastle.
Once you are on the A1 North and past sign posts for Newcastle you should be heading into Northumberland. Continue on the A1 and you should see signs for Morpeth and Alnwick. Continue along the A1 past Stannington, and the following directions should assist you. A map is also attached showing this route.
If you would like more comprehensive directions directly from your post code, you can visit www.multimap.com by keying in your post code and ours (NE67 5AX) it will customise the directions for you.
1. On A1 from Stannington, Northumberland 29.7 miles
2. Just after signs for Brownieside on the left, turn right across dual carriage way signed for Ellingham/Preston/Chathill 1.8 miles
3. Turn left onto B1340 2.8 miles
4. Keep straight onto B1340 1.1 miles
5. Turn right onto The Wynding 0.1 miles
6. Orchard Apartments are the second drive on the left, before the Craster Arms car park. Arrive at NE67 5AX, Northumberland, the last intersection is B1340. If you reach Swinhoe Road, you've gone too far.
7. Almond Apartment is the furthest Orchard Apartment property from the entrance off the road (The Wynding). Continue to the far side of Orchard Apartment’s car park. Your parking space is the last on the left and Almond Apartment is opposite it on your right.
Directions heading South
Travelling to us from the North? We’ve provided some directions for you that should help guide you from the A1 North of Berwick.
Once you are on the A1 South and see sign posts for Berwick upon Tweed and Alnwick you should be heading into Northumberland. Continue along the A1 past the coast, and the following directions should assist you. A map is also attached showing this route.
If you would like more comprehensive directions directly from your post code, you can visit www.multimap.com keying in your post code and ours (NE67 5AX), and this will customise the directions for you.
1. Pass through 2 roundabouts, remaining on A1, 13.8 miles.
2. Turn left toward B1342, 2.2 miles.
3. Bear left onto B1342, 0.8 miles.
4. Turn right toward B1341 1.5 miles.
5. Keep straight onto B1341, 0.1 miles.
6. Keep straight toward Burton 0.7 miles.
7. Keep straight onto Burton 0.1 miles.
8. Keep straight toward Elford 1.4 miles.
9. Keep straight onto Elford 0.1 miles.
10. Keep straight onto road 0.5 miles.
11. Turn right toward B1340 2.2 miles.
12. Turn left onto B1340 1.1 miles.
13. Turn right onto The Wynding 0.1 miles.
14. Orchard Apartments are the second drive on the left, before the Craster Arms car park. Arrive at NE67 5AX, Northumberland. The last intersection is B1340. If you reach Swinhoe Road, you've gone too far.
Newcastle International Airport (47 miles)
Edinburgh Airport (90 miles)
International Ferry Terminal
Car ferry services operate direct to Tyneside from Scandinavia and Germany. The North Shields International Ferry Terminal at Royal Quays is approximately seven miles east of Newcastle via the A1058 and A19 and is well signposted.
There are bus services from the terminal building to Newcastle City Centre which operate directly after the arrival of each ferry. Buses operate to the ferry terminal from Central Station, Newcastle, at 2.5, and I.5 hours prior to each sailing.
There is a taxi rank at the ferry terminal. The nearest Metro Station is Percy Main, which is approximately a 20 minute walk from the terminal building.
Sailing from Norwegian Ports of Bergen and Stavanger are undertaken by Fjord Line all year round.
DFDS Seaways sail from Gothenburg in Sweden via Kristiansand, and Urnuiden (Amsterdam), in The Netherlands to Newcastle all year round.
The ferry terminal for all sailings is the International Ferry Terminal, Royal Quays, North Shields, which is approx. 7 miles (11 km) east of Newcastle upon Tyne.
FJORD LINE - operate regular sailings all year from Norway. Direct sailings to North Shields from Bergen, Stavanger and Haugesund.
Fjord line,Royal Quays,North Shields,Tyne & Wear,NE29 6EGOpen Mon - Fri 9am-5pmSat 9am - 4pm (Mar - sept)9am - 1pm (Oct - Feb)Tel 0191 2961313 for info and reservations, 0191 270 3210(emergency no. available 2 hours before each sailing).E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.fjordline.com
DFDS SEAWAYS- operate direct servicesfrom Sweden, Norway, and Holland. Sailings to North Shields fromGothenberg, Sweden, Kristiansand, Norway and Amsterdam(ijmuiden), Holland all year.
DFDS Seaways,International Ferry Terminal,Royal Quays,North Shields,Tyne & Wear.NE29 6EE
Open Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm, Sat 9am - 12pm Tel 08705 333 000 for info and reservations.
E-mail: dfds.co.uk Website: www.dfdsseaways.co.uk
Avis Airport Garage,Newcastle Airport Woolsington,Newcastle,NE13 8BZ
BYKER,4 UNION ROAD,NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, NE6 1DX.
Tel: +44 0191-2656000 Web:http://www.enterprise.co.uk
Europcar car hire
KENT HOUSE, CHURCH STREET,GATESHEAD, TYNE AND WEAR, NE8 2AT
Tel: +44 0191 4519504 Web:http://www.europcar.co.uk