Map and how to get there
Tap to zoom
How to get there
Nearest travel links
|Airport||Avignon, 40mins/38km 38 km|
|Train station||Avignon TGV, 40mins/40kms 40 km|
Activities near Gigondas
|Sports||Tennis in town, Water sports, Horse riding, Waterpark|
|Great for||Walking holidays, Rural or countryside holidays, Cycling holidays|
How to get there
A car is highly recommended, to enable you to explore some of the glorious countryside and historical sites nearby, tour the vineyards of the Rhone Valley, and take in the wonderful cultural events of the region.
Many UK visitors drive all the way; the house is approximately 9 hours' driving time from Calais and the main channel ports using the motorways. If you prefer the train, the new Eurostar service, with direct services three times a week from London to Avignon in late spring, five times a week in high summer, has just made getting here by train a whole lot easier. Picking up a hire car from the nearby airports and stations couldn't be easier, the journeys are straightforward and detailed directions will be provided when bookings are confirmed.
* Marseille Airport is 100kms/70minutes away (British Airways, Aer Lingus, Air France, KLM, Lufthansa, EasyJet, Ryanair and 21 other airlines). All major car hire companies.
* Avignon airport (Flybe and Cityjet) is 40kms/40 minutes drive. Avis, Europcar and National Citer.
* Avignon TGV station (fast trains from London, Paris, Lyon, Nice and beyond) 40 minutes. Avis, Europcar, Budget, Hertz, National Citer and Veolocation all have offices here.
* Avignon Centre railway station 40 minutes. Avis has an office in the station.
* Orange railway station (two TGV trains from Paris daily) 25 minutes
* Autoroute A7 20 minutes from Orange Sud