Map and how to get there
Tap to zoom
Nearest travel links
|Airport||Geneva 193 km|
|Ferry||Calais 899 km|
|Train station||Leuk 13 km|
|Car||Car not necessary|
Activities near Leukerbad
|Sports||Tennis in town, Water sports, Horse riding, Skiing – property near ski resort|
|Great for||Walking holidays, Rural or countryside holidays|
How to get there
- Fly to Geneva airport. Many budget airlines fly to Geneva from the U.K. Easyjet and Ryan Air run a reliable regular service from many U.K airports. Return flights from as little as £60. There is a good rail service directly from the airport to Leuk, then change to the local bus at the station, see below.
-Alternative airports, Milan, Basel, Bern and Zurich.
- from Geneva take the motorway to Lausanne - Vevey - Montreux - Sion - Sierre (keep heading for Simplon) - at the end of the motorway to Susten (6km ) - then take the mountain road clearly marked Leukerbad (15km)
- from Bern take the motorway to Vevey and proceed from there as from Geneva.
- from the U.K. The European motorway network makes driving via the Eurotunnel or ferry a viable alternative. It takes about 8 hours to drive from Calais or the Eurotunnel. Route planner services are available on the internet.
- an hourly service leaves Geneva Airport directly to Leuk and takes about 2 hours. At Leuk you connect to the luxury mountain bus - it always waits for the train. Tickets can be bought at the station for the complete journey or may be ordered in advance from the SBB website (www.sbb.ch/en). Here you will also find options for savings, for example using a one-day travel card or a one-month half-fare card, which allows you to enjoy a 50% discount on all travel by public transport for that period, including the buses and cable cars. These are very useful for savings on day trips to Zurich, Zermatt, Interlaken etc.
The bus driver can drop you close to the resort, request bus stop Briggu (300m); otherwise there is a 600m walk from the bus station, or you can order a taxi.