Map and how to get there
Tap to zoom
How to get there
Nearest travel links
|Airport||Perugia-San Francesco D'Assisi 60 km|
|Train station||Camucia-Cortona 10 km|
Activities near Centoia
|Sports||Tennis in town, Water sports, Horse riding, Waterpark|
|Great for||Walking holidays, Rural or countryside holidays, Beach or lakeside relaxation, Cycling holidays|
How to get there
Travelling by aeroplane:
The following airports in Italy are situated either conveniently or fairly conveniently for traveling to Cortona by road:-
1. Perugia – San Francesco D'Assisi: 40 miles
2. Florence: 80 miles.
3. Rome – Fiumicino: 125 miles.
4. Rome – Ciampino: 125 miles.
5. Pisa: 130 miles.
6. Bologna: 135 miles.
7. Bologna (Forli): 125 miles.
Who flies to where and wherefrom:-
1. Perugia-San Francesco D'Assisi. – RyanAir from London-Stanstead.
2. Florence. - Meridiana from Gatwick.
3. Rome-Fiumicino. –
- (i) British Airways from London Heathrow and
- (ii) Alitalia from London-Heathrow.
- (i) RyanAir from Glasgow (Prestwick), Liverpool, London-Luton, London-Stanstead and
- (ii) EasyJet from Bristol, East Midlands, London-Gatwick, Newcastle.
- (i) RyanAir from Bournemouth, Doncaster-Sheffield, East Midlands, Glasgow. (Prestwick), Liverpool, London-Stanstead and
- (ii) EasyJet from Bristol, London-Gatwick
6. Bologna-G. Marconi.
- (i) British Airways from Gatwick and
- (ii) Alitalia from Birmingham and London-Heathrow
7. Bologna (Forli)-L. Ridolfi. - RyanAir from Stanstead.
After arriving at your preferred airport the most convenient way to get to La Lombarda is by car. We are only a 20 minutes drive from the Valdichiana exit on Italy's A1, autostrada del sole.
Comprehensive route details will be provided on booking.
If driving is not an option then:
From Perugia – San Francesco D'Assisi airport: taxi or bus to Perugia railway station and thence train to Terontola – Cortona, about 40 minutes.
From Florence airport: – taxi to Santa Maria Novella railway station and thence train to Camucia – Cortona, about 1 hour and a half.
From Rome – Fiumicino airport: Either train or taxi to Roma Termini railway station (35 minutes) and thence train to Terontola, about 2 hours and a half.
From Rome – Ciampino airport: Either a) Taxi to Roma Termini or b) taxi or bus to Ciampino and thence train from there to Roma Termini (20 minutes); and thence a) & b) train to Terontola, about 2 hours and a half.
From Pisa airport: Bus or train to Florence Santa Maria Novella railway station and thence train to Camucia-Cortona, about 1 hour and a half.
Both Camucia-Cortona and Terontola railway stations are a 15 minute drive from La Lombarda.
La Lombarda is in a rural position and local buses are rare. Hence, independent means of transport is an essential.