Map and how to get there
Tap to zoom
How to get there
Nearest travel links
|Ferry||Plymouth 95 km|
|Train station||St Ives 500 m|
|Car||Car not necessary|
Activities near Downalong
|Sports||Tennis in town, Water sports, Horse riding, Fishing|
|Great for||Walking holidays, Rural or countryside holidays, Nightlife, Beach or lakeside relaxation, Cycling holidays|
How to get there
Trains - http://www.firstgreatwestern.co.uk to St Erth mainline (15 mins) or St Ives (local - 10 mins) stations
Fly from other European and UK cities to Newquay (40 mins) or Exeter (3 hours by train, 2 driving) airports
St Ives taxi - 01736 799200 Simon knows the cottage well - tell other taxi companies to head for St Ives Museum.
- Head for Redruth, then Hayle, where St Ives is well signposted. There's a "park and ride" facility or several car parks in town within striking distance of the cottage.
- Nearest are The Island and Smeaton's Pier car parks, both of which have pay by phone or by coin options. In July 2013, a five-day pass for The Island (and certain other Penwith car parks) cost £35.
- Arriving from the hill down into St Ives, head for the harbour and follow the harbour road as far as The Sloop pub.
- Turn left up Fish Street immediately after The Sloop
- Turn right at end of Fish Street (by The Mermaid) - nb The Island car park is signposted just to the right
- Continue down Back Road East to the T-junction with Seaview Place
- Wheal Dream is immediately to your left - Leo's Cottage has yellow gates and is on the corner of St Eia Street.
- If you get lost, look for signs to the Museum - it's the last building on Wheal Dream.