Map and how to get there
Tap to zoom
How to get there
Nearest travel links
|Airport||Molde Aro (14+6 km + ferry 35 min); Aalesund Vigra 20 km|
|Ferry||Vestnes/Furneset from Molde 14 km|
|Train station||Aandalsnes + bus 55 km 55 km|
Activities near Tresfjord
|Sports||Water sports, Horse riding, Fishing|
|Great for||Walking holidays, Rural or countryside holidays, Beach or lakeside relaxation|
How to get there
Aalesund Airport Vigra has frequent fights from/to Oslo and also from/to Bergen (SAS/Widerøe and Norwegian), daily from/to Copenhagen (except week-ends)(SAS/Widerøe) and two daily flights from/to Amsterdam (KLM) and from/to London Gatwick (Norwegian) some days around the week-end . Molde Airport Aro has frequent flights from/to Oslo and also Bergen and Trondheim, and some days from/to Copenhagen. Other possibilities:
- From Oslo Gardermoen airport by car 500 km through Gudbrandsdal Valley to Dombas and then Romsdal Vally (very beautiful river and mountains) to Andalsnes, 55 km drive along Romsdalsfjord direction Alesund to Tresfjord. A very nice 8 hr trip, you get a nice cross-section of Norway.
- From Oslo Gardermoen airport by car about 500 km through Valdres Valley and Veldresflya across Jotunheimen mountains to Otta and Dombås (see previous route) or to Geiranger Fjord (very beautiful road), then the dramatic Eagle Road to Eidsdal, ferry to Linge, then via Sjoholt to Tresfjord. About 9 hrs.
- From Trondheim by car via Dombås and Romsdal valley, or via Molde (via Dombås is somewhat longer in km but same driving time because of better roads)
- From Bergen overnight with coastal steamer to Aalesund - rental car or bus to Tresfjord, or we pick you up in Alesund. OWNERs' RECOMMENDATION: In summer, if you from Bergen instead of Alesund buy a ticket to the next stop Molde for just slightly more, you will get a very beautiful day cruise (on the same ship) for free on Geirangerfjord from/back to Alesund before the coastal steamer continues to Molde (early evening arrival) where we can meet you, or where you can rent a car
- From Bergen by car across mountains and fjords: very varied and interesting route, several mountain passes and fjord crossings - you get to see much of Fjord Norway in just one day (or you may want to split it into two days for more relaxed travel).