Map and how to get there
Tap to zoom
How to get there
Nearest travel links
|Airport||Pescara 50 km|
|Ferry||Pescara 60 km|
|Train station||Sulmona 12 km|
Activities near Pettorano sul Gizio
|Sports||Tennis in town, Water sports, Horse riding, Waterpark, Fishing|
|Great for||Walking holidays, Rural or countryside holidays, Beach or lakeside relaxation, Cycling holidays|
How to get there
Fly to one of the following airports
• Pescara approx. 40mins drive.
• Rome - Ciampino approx. 1hr 45mins.
• Rome - Fiumicino approx. 2hrs.
Journeys from all airports are very straight forward and mainly on motorways.
• RyanAir fly to both Rome and Pescara from Stansted, and to Rome from Dublin, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Liverpool.
• EasyJet fly to Rome from Bristol, Gatwick, and Newcastle.
• Jet2 fly to Rome from Manchester and Leeds Bradford
• BA flies to Rome from a number of UK airports
• Alitalia fly to Rome
The train service runs from both Rome and Pescara to Sulmona and is an economical and a beautiful way to view the area. Casa Soltau is only 6km from Sulmona.
It's best to have use of a car to explore the region fully. Car hire can be arranged at any of the airports, we recommend you arrange this prior to arrival.
Car hire links:
• Compare Car Rentals
• Argus Car Hire
The trip from the UK takes approximately 2 days at a steady pace, travelling through France, Switzerland and into Italy or alternatively France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland and into Italy. The roads are very good with it being dual carriageway 95% of the time.
Please do not hesitate to enquire if you require futher information, specific instructions will be sent on confirmation of booking.