Map and how to get there
Tap to zoom
Nearest travel links
|Airport||Newquay 16 km|
|Ferry||Plymouth 85 km|
|Train station||Newquay 5 km|
Activities near Saint Newlyn East
|Sports||Tennis in town, Water sports, Horse riding, Fishing|
|Great for||Walking holidays, Rural or countryside holidays, Nightlife, Beach or lakeside relaxation, Cycling holidays|
How to get there
If arriving by air, or train a hire car is advisable, as there is no public transport to the barns. Taxis are available and cost approx £8 to Newquay
Directions by car from the A30, the main trunk road into Cornwall.
The post code is TR8 5NS, but if you are using a sat nav please follow the instructions below as far as Carland cross, when the sat nav should start to direct you via the route I have described, otherwise some sat navs take you by the most direct route which is down extremely narrow lanes which may scratch your car.
• Do Not take the route signposted 'Newquay' from the A30
• Continue on the A30 to Carland Cross roundabout, (this roundabout has large windmills next to it and the A30 becomes single carriage way from this point)
• Continue on the A30 to the next junction – Boxheater Junction
• Turn right sign posted Perranporth
• Then turn immediately right again signposted Fiddlers Green and St Newlyn East.
• Proceed to the hamlet of Fiddlers Green – DO NOT turn right into St Newlyn East.
• Continue straight on to the next cross roads, go straight across the cross roads sign posted Crantock.
• Take the next turning right after approx half a mile. (There is no sign post at this T-junction you are in quite narrow lanes now)
• Take the second driveway on the left. It has a sign saying 'Trescowthick Farm' at the top and the drive is cobbled)
• Halfway down the drive take the right hand fork.
• This will take you around a left hand bend and then Trescowthick Barns is straight ahead of you, drive through the archway (be careful if you are in a high topped vehicle) the barns are straight ahead of you.
• There are three doors at the front of the barns, the left hand door is the kitchen door. There is a key box on the wall next to the kitchen door.
• Please ring me on 07530 366946 a few days prior to your holiday to obtain the code for the key box.
Have a good trip