Map and how to get there
Tap to zoom
How to get there
Nearest travel links
|Ferry||Moniga del Garda 600 m|
|Train station||Desenzano del Garda 11 km|
Activities near Moniga del Garda
|Sports||Tennis in town, Water sports, Horse riding, Waterpark, Fishing|
|Great for||Walking holidays, City breaks, Nightlife, Beach or lakeside relaxation, Cycling holidays|
How to get there
Moniga del Garda is easy to reach by air, with a wide range or airlines flying to nearby gateways in Italy. It's also a very pleasurable drive from the UK with great scenery and mix of culture as you pass through France, Belgium and Switzerland (recommend one overnight stop in Metz). P&O ferries is a great way to travel from Dover to Calais.
*Easy Jet - fly to Milan Malpensa (1 hr 45 mins drive to Moniga), Milan Linate (1 hr 15 mins drive) and Venice (1 hr 50 mins drive)
*British Airways - fly to Verona ( 45 mins drive to Moniga) and Milan Linate (1 hr 15 mins)
* Ryanair - fly to Verona Brescia (35 mins drive to Moniga), Bergamo (1 hr drive) and Venice Treviso (1 hr 45 mins)
* Alitalia - fly to both Milan Linate (1 hr 15 mins transfer) and Milan Malpensa (1 hr 45 mins transfer)
* Jet 2 - fly to Bergamo (1 hr transfer)
* The cheapest way to hire a car is to book on line in the UK using the comparison site 'Travel Supermarket' - and pick/drop at the airport in Italy. If you do this most of the time there is no supplement for one way rentals if you need to fly in/fly out of a different Italian airport.
* It's an easy drive to Lake Garda as you just stay on the main A4 motorway and exit at Desenzano
* There is private parking at Villa Moniga
* You can relax and get to Lake Garda by taking a train to Milan, then changing onto the Venice train. Get off at Desenzano, Moniga is a 10 minute taxi ride from there
NB: Moniga is very close to the main connections - both the main A4 motorway and train station are just ten minutes drive away (in Desenzano).