Map and how to get there
Tap to zoom
How to get there
Nearest travel links
|Ferry||Rosyth 20 km|
|Train station||Waverley Train Station 3 km|
|Car||Car not necessary|
Activities near Abbeyhill
|Great for||Walking holidays, City breaks, Nightlife, Cycling holidays|
How to get there
Transport Links are excellent as the apartment is close to several main bus routes which access most areas of the city and beyond.
1) Bus/Airport: The No. 35 Lothian (airport) Bus stops at the bottom of the Royal Mile, c.5 min walk from the apartment, costs £1.60 and takes c.1.5Hr. The (airport) Airlink 100 express reaches Waverley Bridge (1mile from flat) in c.30-40mins. During the day this bus leaves every 10mins and costs £4.50
2) Taxis: Are widely available at the airport & cost around £25 (depending on traffic) to get to the flat. Alternatively try calling City Cabs or Central Taxis
3) Trains: Waverley Train Station is a 15-20min walk away. A taxi to/from Waverley will cost c.£5 to get to the apartment. [The station has a baggage storage area]
4) Car: Nearby access to the city bypass and motorway networks is very useful. It can sometimes be difficult to find free parking in Edinburgh City Centre but Milton Street is probably as close as you can get to the Royal Mile and the Old Town and be able to PARK FOR FREE at all times.
5) Tram: A quick 3 min walk from the airport will take you to the tram stop where you can buy tickets (£5.50 an adult). Trams run every 8-10mins and it will take c. 45mins to get to York Place (the last stop). Alighting here you can then take a Lothian bus (26 or 44) to Carlyle Place and it is just a 5 minute walk from here or you can walk from York Place which will take c. 20mins