from £2468 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £2468 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Contact the advertiser to confirm the total cost.
Chateau / 8 bedrooms / sleeps 22 Home 77236
Availability Your dates are available
Chateau / 8 bedrooms / sleeps 22
This graceful, Disney-style chateau was built in 1575 and has three stunningly beautiful towers with impressive turrets. Chateau Chamborigaud is set in a lovely 5 acre park in the Cevennes mountains, and enjoys the river Luech flowing lazily along its boundaries. Nimes airport is just over one hour drive away (and the drive itself is incredibly scenic!) and the train station to the Montpellier coast and Paris is only a 15 minute walk away.
There is a substantial terrace around the chateau which is perfect for dining, and in the beautiful park-style grounds you'll find a large heated outdoor swimming pool area with cuisine d'ete, a terrace for BBQs and a changing room.
Chateau Chamborigaud is within a minute's walk of a charmingly beautiful village with adjacent tennis court, shopping facilities, bars and restaurants. There are also many beautiful walks and drives to enjoy in the surrounding area which is also a haven for foodies - it's renowned for its wild boar, chestnuts and mushrooms.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
|Size||Sleeps up to 22, 8 bedrooms|
|Rooms||8 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, 6 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||2 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Nimes 76 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|Luxuries||Private outdoor pool (heated), Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (heated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Telephone, Games room, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double beds (8), Single beds (7), Dining seats for 22|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (heated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Private tennis court, BBQ|
|Access||Parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
- Entrance hall.
- Vaulted Kitchen with Godin range cooker and Smeg Fridge leading to the terrace.
- Vaulted dining room with reception area leading to terrace with 24 place settings.
- Vaulted study with internet access and chapel.
- Children's lounge
- Utility Room
- Wine cellar.
- Master Bedroom with four poster double bed and en-suite bathroom with roll-top bath and walk-in shower.
- Bedroom 2 with 4 poster single bed and en-suite bathroom leading to bedroom 3 with circular tower with mezzanine raised double bed (for children).
- Bedroom 4 with three single beds and en-suite shower room.
- Bedroom 5 with double bed and en-suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 6 with double bed and en-suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 7 with double bed and en-suite bathroom leading to Bedroom 8 with circular tower and twin beds.
Note: Additional single beds may easily be placed in Bedrooms 2,3,4,7!
- Games room with snooker, table football and seating area.
- Bedrooms 9 and 10 (both doubles) share a bathroom. In addition, there's a living room that can be made in to a further double bedroom if needed - please enquire for details!
- Large terrace for dining and aperitifs. This really is one of the chateau's standout features, and if the weather's on your side (and even if it's not!) you'll find yourself drawn back to spend quality relaxation time here again and again.
- Ornamental pond with fountain.
- River frontage to Le Luech.
- Heated 16 x 6m swimming pool with Cuisine d'ete (summer kitchen with fridge, sink and full lunch crockery), terraces with BBQ, changing room, and WC. The summer kitchen is a fantastic addition which allows meals to be prepared and served right next to the pool - a proper slice of French high living!
- A 5 acre park area
- Guardian's house - Rodney the caretaker is on hand at all times, but unless you need him you won't even know he's there!
- The property has the most beautiful river running along its boundary! Along its gentle banks you'll find dozens of beautiful places to take the children for fun and picnics. The kids can paddle, skim stones, use fishing nets to catch minnows and swim – all right outside the chateau!
- The chateau's swimming pool is designed to allow all-day fun and has a special paddling section for youngsters and a seating section for the older ones - nobody needs miss out on the fun, and in summer it makes the perfect focal point for a great family holiday.
- A single tennis court is available, just opposite the end of Chateau Chamborigaud's drive. The charges are modest and booking can easily be made through the chateau's guardian - ideally in advance to avoid disappointment!
|Further details outdoors|
Outside: Large terrace for dining and aperitifs. Ornamental pond with fountain. River frontage to Le Luech. Heated swimming pool 16m x 6m with Cuisine d'ete, terraces with BBQ, changing room, and WC. Park area of 5 acres. Go-kart track (optional). Pony/horse box paddock (optional). Guardian's house (with full-time presence). 4x4 Suzuki Ignis (by arrangement).
Included within the weekly hire package is a cleaning lady who comes twice per week. The chateau also has a local chef who is available for private dining, with beautiful local and organic food cooked for you for as little as 35 euro per head. She's a total dreamboat but she's popular and so must be booked in advance - get in touch with our concierge team if you fancy taking advantage of her amazing services.
The chateau has a full-time guardian, and he and his wife are available for airport transfers, baby-sitting/child-minding and chauffeur and taxi services.
Special banquets and formal meals with canapés can also be arranged during your stay - please enquire as early as possible to ensure you don't miss out!
The Languedoc-Roussillon region
The local village of Chamborigaud is 10 minutes walk away with 3 small supermarkets, boulangerie, boucherie, tabac and wine shop.
There are two 18 hole golf-courses with a 1 hour drive towards Nimes and there is a 9 hole golf course near Villefort approx ½ hour drive. The area also has excellent trout fishing and there are several stocked lakes for children and where you can buy your catch for home cooking. The newly refurbished tennis court is 5 mins walk.
The whole area is adjacent to the Cevennes National Park area is renowned for its beautiful scenery and rivers and there are many walks through unspoilt countryside. There is skiing in the Cevennes at nearby Mas de la Barque and Mont Aigaoul – ski de fond (cross country) is the most common with a little downhill and tobogganing. These walks are also beautiful in the summer.
Flights - The chateau is one hours drive from Nimes (Garons) airport (Ryanair from Luton and East Midlands) or 1½ hours from Montpellier (Ryanair from Stansted or Easyjet from Gatwick) or 1¾ hours from Marseilles (British Airways from Gatwick).
Trains - Eurostar to Lille or Paris and then TGV to Nimes. From Nimes either taxi or train from Nimes to Chamborigaud (which goes ion to Clermont Ferrand) – the chateau is a 15 minute walk for the train station.
The area also has its own vineyards and free “degustations” (wine tastings) are expected and tours can be arranged. The area is rich in beautiful towns with nearby Uzes and the World Heritage Site of Pont du Gard – the Roman Aquaduct is also within an hour’s drive.
Ales is the nearest (20 mins drive) large town for shopping along with Nimes and it has the usual hypermarkets, ten-pin bowling and cinemas.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
Help other travellers decide where to stay
This holiday home hasn’t got any reviews yet. The average rating on Holiday Lettings is four out of five. This place could be newly added or perhaps it’s a well kept secret. Either way, it’s time to reveal all.
You're booking with
Oliver`s Travels (Property Manager Oliver`s Travels)
- 7 Years listed
Calendar last updated:29 Nov 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted