from £85 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
from £85 /night help Price for guests, Nights approx:
Estimated nightly price based on a weekly stay. Excludes fees (if applicable). Enter your dates to see the total cost.
Cottage / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 4 Home 126478
Availability Your dates are available
Cottage / 2 bedrooms / sleeps 4
Lavender cottage is situated in a quiet location but close to all the amenities in the village of Flookburgh. This detached cottage is warm, comfortable and well equiped with all that you will need for your stay. The garden has a decking area and BBQ where you can relax in the evening.
The cottage is only 5 minutes drive from the Edwardian coastal town of Grange over Sands and the village of Cartmel, famous for sticky toffee pudding and horse racing. Flookburgh is a great location for access to attractions across the Lake District such as Lake Windermere, Bowness, Coniston and Ambleside. Overall a great location for a quiet break or a family holiday.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Check in time:||15:00|
|Check out time:||10:00|
|Nearest Amenities||200 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Manchester, Nearest railway: Cark and Cartmel Station 1 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
Features and Facilities
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double beds (1), Single beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
- Main bedroom - king sized bed and en suite bathroom with shower- Second bedroom - 2 single beds with space for a cot, available on request- Family bathroom with shower over bath- Fully equipped open plan kitchen, dining and living area with exposed beams, dining table with seating for 4, 40" LCD TV, free Wi-Fi , Playstation 3 with selection of games- Separate lounge with SMART TV and DVD player- Baby and Toddler friendly - cot, stair gate, high chair and baby bath, available on request - Selection of toys, games, puzzles, books and DVDs.-storage available for bicycles
|Further details outdoors|
Quiet location, not on a main road. Garden with decking area, BBQ, table and chairs.On street parking located close to the property, with no restrictions.
The Lake District
Lavender Cottage is ideally located for access to the:-
- Lake District National Park with stunning mountain and lakeland scenery
- Yorkshire Dales limestone scenery and caves
- Morecambe Bay with a range of coastal attractions
Lavender Cottage is located in the village of Flookburgh which has key amenities close by including Pubs, Village Shop, Chemist, Post Office, Fish and Chip shop and Sandwich Shop.
A wide range of attractions are close by including:-
- Duckys Farm - Family attraction close to the village with Children's farm and indoor and outdoor play areas
- Cartmel - Famous for the race course, Cartmel Priory and L'enclume highly rated Michelin star restuarant
- Grange Over Sands - Victorian seaside resort great for walks along the promenade, with play areas and duck pond for children
- Holker Hall and Gardens (Holker Garden Festival 29th to 31st May 2015)
- Haverthwaite/Lakeside Steam Railway
- Windermere Steamers - Sailing to Bowness and Ambleside
- World of Beatrix Potter attraction - Bowness
- Brockhole - Lake District Visitor Centre - Childrens play area, lake side walks and watersports
- Hill Top (National Trust) Beatrix Potter home, Near Sawrey, Hawkshead
- Lakeland Aquarium, Newby Bridge
- Lakeland Motor Museum, Backbarrow
- Levens Hall & Topiary Garden - Near Kendal
- Fell Foot Park (National Trust ) - Children's play area, parkland, teashop and boat hire. One of National Trust Top 10 sites for a Picnic
- Sizergh Castle & Gardens (National Trust) - Sizergh near Kendal
- Grizedale Forest Visitor Centre - Children's play area, Forest trails, mountain biking and Go Ape
- Leigton Moss RSPB Nature Reserve, Silverdale as seen on BBC Autumnwatch
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park
- Grange over Sands Golf Course
- Flookburgh annual steam festival (Sat 25th/Sun26th July 2015)
- Cross Bay Walks from Arnside to Grange-over-Sands
- Virgin Balloon Flights - Newby Bridge launch site
- Skydiving also available close by at Skydive North West
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Guest reviewsPowered by TripAdvisor
Guest reviews no reviews
Guest reviews Powered by TripAdvisor
- 5 star
- 4 star
- 3 star
- 2 star
- 1 star
Help other travellers decide where to stay
Add your voice to the conversation about this holiday home and your review will appear on TripAdvisor too.Write a review
24 Aug 2013
"Everything you need and more!"
What a lovely cottage! Very charming and modern interior...super clean and tidy with lots of little extras that you might need..Wifi, toys, books and DVDs for the little ones, wine and biscuits on arrival! Very close to Ducky's farm which is a great day out...and still close enough to Windermere to make the most of each day. Would recommend this for anyone with high expectations...and hope to stay there again soon! Perfect for our little family!
2 Jul 2013
"More than a home-away-from-home"
One of the best holiday homes we've been to. Everything clean, fresh and modern. Loved the open plan cooking/living area. Found the second lounge useful. Really grateful of the welcome pack. Everything you could need was there. Flookburgh a good base for the southern area of the Lake District.
10 Jun 2013
"a delightful little cottage that provided an ideal base for our driving holiday in the lake district"
Our group of three spent three nights at the Lavender Cottage while we drove extensively around the lakes. We were extremely comfortable and Nina was an exceptional host. The cottage, though small, is delightful, and easily accommodated our group. It is recently renovated and everything is in perfect condition. The highlight is the little deck which provides the perfect setting for morning tea or an evening drink, in good weather. There are two lounges, kitted with satellite TV, DVD players and a host of books and board games, which would work well for groups with children. Given our relatively short stay, the lack of a dishwasher or a clothes dryer was irrelevant, however it may be of consideration for people intending to stay for longer. There is not a lot in the immediate vicinity of the cottage, and Flookburgh tends to close early. However Nina provided us a welcome pack that included all that we required, till we got to a store. On the whole, we had a great break; and would definitely consider the Lavender Cottage for our next trip to the Lake District.
7 May 2013
"Modern, cosy cottage in good location, perfect for a relaxed getaway."
Booking was easy and the owner friendly and helpful, she gave excellent directions which made it easy to find. She was extremely thoughtful in leaving some essentials, and some goodies for us on our arrival . The cottage is in a quiet location in a village that has most of the shops needed and a couple of pubs too. The Southern Lakes are not far away nor is Grange over Sands which has a nice long promenade. Lavender Cottage itself is modern, clean and very cosy. It has everything you might need whilst staying there and we were sorry to leave as we'd had such a lovely time there. I would certainly recommend Lavender Cottage to anyone. Obviously there are stairs, so anyone who has a problem with stairs might struggle but certainly no more than anywhere else. I thought the whole experience was excellent.
18 Apr 2013
"It is a lovely place to stay with everything to make you feel at home"
We were welcome by the owner and given info about amenities in the area and using of the appliances in a very friendly manner. I liked the opens space kitchen and the fact that there are two separate rooms both provided of TV. Not far there are two national trust sites that we visit and enjoyed. We were very pleased that toys were left for our 2 children and a number of DVD’s were left to be used. The thing we like least was that we need to park in the street very near to the house but crossing with 2 children was at times a bit worrying considering the quite speedy locals.
17 Oct 2012
"Lovely cottage, beautiful region, we'll be back."
Lavender cottage is well located for all southern Lake District destinations and also very good situated for having a quiet afternoon. The kitchen, the furniture, the sleepingrooms and all the gadgets like two TVs, the Playstation etc. makes Lavender cottage a luxury and comfortable home. Last but not least Nina took care of us in a fabulous way. Thank you very much again.
25 Jul 2011
"We'll go back."
Beautifully decorated well laid out cottage. Well equipped, everything you could need. Grateful for wine, bread, milk etc on arrival. Car essential to get out and about, and we did just that, lots of things about within 30 mins.Will definately recommend and stay there again!
You're booking with
- 5 Years listed
100% Response rate
Calendar last updated:27 Nov 2015
Based in United Kingdom
Credit cards accepted