Agnino – Home 9651 House
- 2 bedrooms
- 5 sleeps
- 1 night min stay
Agnino – Home 9651
- 2 bedrooms
- 5 sleeps
- 1 night min stay
House / 2 bedrooms / 2 bathrooms / sleeps 5
- Beach / lakeside relaxation
- Child friendly
- Car advised
- No pets allowed
Description from owner
* Hill Side house with extremely Large terrace (width of house) overlooking Valley and Stunning Peaks. * Wifi * Dishwasher * Jacuzzi 5 person 2 lounger with powerful jets for hydrotheapy message neck, back & feet - wonderful views day & night. * In small village of Agnino with 100 inhabitants but has a local shop and post office (peaceful and relaxing) *15mins drive to Local traditional family restaurant (kids all ages welcome) authentic Italian set Lunch 3courses & as much vino as you like for €25 per head * 10 mins drive from Medieval Town of Fivizzano (market tues, banks, beauticians, hospitals, supermarkets, restaurants) main piazzas with festivals & live music performances during summer * 15mins drive to local swimming pool with slides * 30 mins drive to beaches (areas for kids to play all ages) and local fresh fish restaurants all along the cost and water sports * Beaches of attraction, Lerici, Viareggio, Bocca di Magra, Bonassola,
* Hill Side house with extremely Large terrace (width of house) overlooking Valley and Stunning Peaks. * Wifi * Dishwasher * Jacuzzi 5 person 2 lounger with powerful jets for hydrotheapy message neck, back & feet - wonderful views day & night. * In small village of Agnino with 100 inhabitants but has a local shop and post office (peaceful and relaxing) *15mins drive to Local traditional family restaurant (kids all ages welcome) authentic Italian set Lunch 3courses & as much vino as you like for €25 per head * 10 mins drive from Medieval Town of Fivizzano (market tues, banks, beauticians, hospitals, supermarkets, restaurants) main piazzas with festivals & live music performances during summer * 15mins drive to local swimming pool with slides * 30 mins drive to beaches (areas for kids to play all ages) and local fresh fish restaurants all along the cost and water sports * Beaches of attraction, Lerici, Viareggio, Bocca di Magra, Bonassola, Forte dei Marmi. * 30 mins drive to fishing * 35 mins drive to La Spezia where you can take a boat trip to the Cinque Terra amazing day out * 40 mins drive to Natural thermal waters where you can swim (kids welcome) and treatment/messages * 2.5 hrs to Florance for day trip, train station 30mins from house in Town of Aulla direct trains to Florance * Florence Gucci & Prada Outlets * Night Life: 20mins Aulla two excellent restaurants * 25mins Sarzana, restaurants and bars, medival piazzas * 30mns Lerici, small sailing harbour, restaurants and bars * 40mins Portovenere, gift shopping, restaurants and bars, live open air opera and threatre * 45mins Forte dei Marmi, Late nigth clothes excellant shopping, Beach clubs, bars, Calibare restaurants, main piazzia * 1 hour: Viareggio, Markets, kids amausments, live concerts, clothes shopping, bars and restaurants * 50" Plasma, Uk channels, DVD/CD, ipod docking station - 2bedrooms (1double, 2twin beds) two bathrooms * Nearest Airports Pisa 1.15mins / Genoa 1.5 hrs to house * Car required to get the best out of your holiday. Upon arrival at the house, there will be a "welcome information pack" providing all contact numbers and general times for local trains and ferries etc.
Location description from owner
The Tuscany region
Fantastic centre point from beaches to skiing (depending on the season.) Once you are at the house it entices you to relax and enjoy the peace and views, all food is local produce 'organic' so its a true pleasure to dine out or in as your taste buds become alive. If you feel the need to go shopping Italy is the best place for it, especially Florence while you walk through piazzas of history, plus the wonderful architecture and museums which are unique. Local Days out:
Cinque Terre: 50mins from house, 5 towns nestled into side of cliffs you can take a ferry to see them all, or
walk over by foot
Lerci: 40mins from house, beautiful small beaches private & public. Good for nightlife.
Viareggio: 70mins from house, long sandy beach, brilliant for kids, lots of restaurants and a market.
Portofina: 1 hour from house, Italian Riviera, Portofino has long been fashionable with what we once
called 'the jet sets' very chic.
Terme di Equi (Fivizzano) 25mins from house. thermal natural waters
La Spezia (Capital of Genoa) 40mins from house.
Pisa: 1½ drive from house
Florence: 2½ hours from house.
Cerreto: 40mins from house, Authentic Italian local family ski resort, large open air ice skating rink.
Aetone: 1hour from house. Larger resort for more of a challenge
All distances quoted are approximate.
Lunigiana is the undiscovered northernmost tip of Tuscany and lies between the coastal province of Liguria to the west and the Apennine mountains to the north-east. To the south-east the region is dominated by the peaks of the Parco Alpi Apuane beyond which are the Renaisance Cities of Florence, Pisa and Lucca.
This is an area of outstanding natural beauty dotted with ancient hill-top villagesand terraced olive groves. Not yet discovered by tourists the area is economically poor but rich in other ways. Here the pace is slow, the food and wine robust and the smiles as warm as the sunshine. Here the old-fashioned courtesies are observed and the stranger made welcome.
Lunigiana is a veritable paradise for walkers, painters, photographers, and those who simply enjoy the pleasures of life, and is full of natural curiosities such as the caves near Equi Terme, site of the natural sulphur baths. There are also castles, churches, monuments and whole villages built before Columbus set sail for the New World. Names of once-mighty families such as the Medici and Malaspina are commemorated by the fountains, piazzas and palaces they left behind, and all of this is within an hour or so train ride or drive of their more famous cousins to the south - Florence, Pisa and Lucca. And if that is not enough there are festivals, street markets and palios a-plenty - often in medieval costume.
The main town in the area is Aulla from which the Taverone and Aulella valleys radiate, the hillsides of which are covered with chestnut woods and high meadows. At the end of the Taverone valley the Lagestrello pass marks the route through into Parma Province, the source of the River Taverone and the end of the Crenale mountain ridge. Leading more directly east from Aulla the old Lucca road runs along the Aulella valley, through Casola and on into the Parco Alpi Apuane before turning south along the old pilgrim road to Lucca.
Bordering Lunigiana to the west, past La Spezia and the famous pretty fishing villages of The Cinque Terre is the province of Liguria, with its sandy beaches and pleasant climate.
- Great for children of all ages
- No pets allowed
Bed & bathroom
- 1 Double Bed, 1 Sofa Bed, 2 Single Beds
- 1 Family bathroom, 1 Shower room
- Jacuzzi or hot tub
- Solarium or roof terrace
- Balcony or terrace
- Central heating
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- CD player
- Hair dryer
- Linen provided
- Towels provided
- Secure parking
- Not suitable for wheelchair users
- To be covered by Payment Protection this rental needs to be paid for online through Holiday Lettings using your credit/debit card or PayPal. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
- Yes, smoking allowed
- Cancellation policy
About the owner
- Response rate:
- Calendar updated::
- 07 Aug 2016
- Years listed:
- Based in:
- United Kingdom
- Overall rating:
Languages spoken: English
This House has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and sleeps 5. It’s been listed on Holiday Lettings since 20 Feb 2006. Located in Province of Massa Carrara, it has 17 reviews with an overall rating of 4.5. The average weekly rate is £700.
The Owner has a response rate of 60% and the property’s calendar was last updated on 07 Aug 2016.
Map and how to get there
– based on 17 reviews
- Very Good
“Blissful Winter Gettaway”
I arrived with my family to a wonderful villa tucked away in a beautiful Italian village. The love and cosiness of the house radiated immediately and only grew once we lit a fire which was so lovely to be able to do. The house is clean, warm and extremely homely and my family and I felt at home and at ease immediately. Melanie had provided us with guidance before we left home, and provided seasonal information on activities for the family for our stay. We enjoyed the local ski slopes, which were not only a bargain but were also a lot of fun for the kids and us. We were able to take some wonderful walks on the nearby beaches (although we hope for it to be a little hotter when we return this summer)!! The holiday was a huge success and one we will treasure as we were able to enjoy this villa and the beautiful surroundings. We look forward to our summer trip here and hopefully to meeting Melanie soon.
“a proper getaway in an authentic and charming part of north Tuscany”
What's nice about this place is you can do as much or as little as you feel like: its a great place to be and be relaxed and its a really convinient location for the region. The house has amazingly enriching views across to the peaks and down to the valley. Admitedly we were very lucky with the weather it wwas super-lovely most of the time. At this time of year a lolt of the coastal restaraunts are clossed. But in towns everything was normal, markets are good too and there was a list of things recommended by the owners which worked well. Not touristy. Relaxed feeling in the house by the fire in the evening.
“Amazing, relaxing, beautiful location. One of the best holidays we have ever had!”
We travelled from Australia and this was our first ever visit to Italy. The accomodation was very inviting and comfortable and far exceeded our needs in every way. The owner was always very helpful and prompt in answering any questions we had and in providing information about activities that were available. We visited the beautiful town of Porte Venere, Florence with it's amazing architecture and museums and of course skiing in Cerreto. The local people were very friendly and the food and wine was amazing! I will definately be recommending this location and acommodation to friends and family. My only regret is that we did not stay for longer. An overall amazing experience that we will always remember. Thank you
I have visited this property two years running and am looking forward to staying again this year. The house is on a beautiful hillside with the most stunning views from the terrace, and all the rooms. The housekeeper was thoughtful, kind and very helpful and kept the house immaculate (which was lovely to have the week off to really relax.) The house information pack was full of ideas I had never heard of and I am so grateful for it as I and my family experienced some really special memories together. We visited Cinque Terra which was stunning, also Florence for the shopping and 2 local markets, where I bought more than I should have! We also enjoyed local wine and food which was suggested by the owner of the property and we experienced some 'real' local Italian cuisine at reasonable not rip-off prices. The customer service was excellent, the owner responded to all our queries before, during and post both holidays and went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed our stay. Our deposit was returned within the agreed period, with a minor deduction for some crockery our kids broke, which we were happy to pay for and the owner made no fuss of it. A truly wonderful house, in a beautiful area, providing just the right amount of relaxation mixed with experience. I have recommended this property to friends and family and will definitely be returning this year.
“Disappointing Customer Service”
Security deposit not refunded until 2 weeks, contract states 1 week. Too rural, scorpions in house. Car is essential, especially for young families. Staircase very steep. Not enough towels, cups, cutlery provided for family. Customer services difficult to engage with, mostly unhelpful. During our stay several storms caused the electricity to ‘trip’ resulting in the malfunction of the electric kettle. Contact was made with the owner, who was very unhelpful informing us that we would have to pay for a replacement kettle. The charge was taken from our security deposit without our permission. We were also charged for the housekeeper’s time and travel for bringing the replacement kettle to the house. The owner to date has not refunded the cost of the kettle. We never got to use the kettle, hence, it seems, we bought the kettle for someone else’s use(not good customer service). We are fortunate that an expensive appliance didn’t malfunction, eg, fridge, TV etc…
These clients won’t be welcomed back and their review comes as no surprise as they threatened a bad review they didn’t get their way. Here are the facts. They came to our house with 8 guests house is only suitable for 6 people...That’s why there were not enough towels or crockery/cutlery we only stock for 6 guests at our house. We responded promptly on the day for all clients requests: 1. When they locked themselves out of house, they used a screw driver to try and force the door and break in via a window when we had organised for the housekeeper to go to house within hours to provide let them in. 2. When the kettle broke we organised for the housekeeper to go to house and replace it the same day. We charged these clients half the price for the housekeeper charged us to go to property. On our advert we clearly stated that you need a car as it is a rural location which they were aware of when they booked. We have advertised with Holiday lettings for 7years and we have never received a bad review, we value all our guests and it is our desire to ensure they have a pleasant relaxing stay at our house. Finally this summer 2011 the property has been booked from May through to September and we had excellent feedback and happy clients.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours