Casa Calma is a luxury one bedroom apartment in the excusive Lakeside resort of Golfo Gabella. Furnished to a high specification in contemporary style, the apartment has lakeside views from a stunning first floor terrace that's"perfect for salsa dancing" as remarked one of our guests! With breathtaking views from the shared pool, hot-tub and lakeside bar-restaurant Golfa Gabella is a fantastic place to relax and unwind, or share a romantic break. With it's own marina and a beach only two minutes walk along a beautiful stone promanade which winds around the lake, this is also the perfect location for family and watersports holidays.There are facilities for sailing, windsurfing and private boat hire and there are pedalos to rent at the beach. A 10 minute stroll along the promenade, past beautiful lakeside villas, brings you to the Maccagno ferry stop, where you can take a cruise to beautiful lakeside towns, such as Cannobio and Stresa and visit the stunning gardens of the Bromero Islands.Only an hours drive from Milan and 30 minutes from Lugano (Switzerland) we are perfectly situated for designer shopping sprees and Winter Ski breaks ( resorts of Alpe Forcora, St Bernardino and Andermatt are within an hours drive).
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedrooms|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 shower room|
|Nearest beach||Maccagno 200 m|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||200 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Milan Malpensa 60 km, Nearest railway: Maccagno 500 m|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property, Boat available, Sea view|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (heated), Children's pool|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double Beds (1), Sofa Beds (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 4|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (heated), Balcony or terrace|
|Access||Secure parking, Lift access, Wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
• Large kitchen -dining area equipped with all mod cons including dishwasher, microwave and i-pod doc. Patio doors onto terrace.• Spacious lounge area with double sofabed, storage cupboard, two puff stools and Philip Starck swivel chair. Double patio doors onto terrace.• Flat-screen TV, DVD player and Playstation 2 with selection of DVDs and playstation games.• Large double bedroom, contemporary design with range of ceiling and floor lighting, extensive wardrobe space, dressing table, flatscreen TV and DVD.Double bed can be converted into two single beds and room for additional cot or fold-up bed on request.• Contemporary shower room with washing machine. Clothes airer for use on terrace.
|Further details outdoors|
• NEW for 2013 - private marina with moorings and boat rental by prior arrangement. - private gymLarge first floor corner terrace with lake views. 6 seater dining table and chairs. Sun lounger. Areas of shade and sun all day. Great for evening entertainment.• Heated communal swimming pool and decking terrace, with sun loungers, hot-tub and children's pool. • Poolside bar and restaurant• Secure parking• Lock-up cantina for storage of bikes, watersport or ski equipment etc (on request)• Sailing school next door, with boat hire• Supermarket, pharmacy, Dr's surgery, Post Office, restaurants and wine bars all within a few minutes walk
• Guests are required to pay a €60 cleaning fee upon arrival.
• Towels and bedlinen are available at a rate of €15 per person per week payable upon arrival.
• High chairs / cots and other baby equipment are available for hire on request.
• Boat moorings and speed boat hire available on request
• Airport pickup available on request.
Lake Maggiore is situated amongst the snow capped mountains of the alps. The second largest of the italian lakes, it has been a favourite destination for holidays since Roman times..The climate on Lake Maggiore is mild, guaranteeing extended holidays.The landscapes in this region are stunning and the area has many history-packed locations including: the Borromeo Islands with their splendid Italian style gardens, Angera Castle that dates back to the XIIth century, the hermitage of Santa Caterina del Sasso, built in the twelfth century, the splendid villas run by FAI (the Italian Environmental Foundation - Fondo Ambientale Italiano) and the gardens of Villa Taranto in Verbania, to mention just a few.Make sure you hop across the lake to the lovely lakeside village of Cannobio with its bustling Sunday market and visit the town of Stresa with its promenade of grand19th century hotels, fine restaurants and wine bars.For a great day out take the Lago Maggiore Express and travel by train through the Swiss Alps to Stresa and return by boat.For designer shopping, Milan is and hour away by road, or take the ferry to the Swiss town of Locarno. A designer outlet 'Foxtown' can be found in Mendrisio and 'Alessi' have an outlet shop in Omegna. Luino boasts the biggest weekly Market in Europe (Wednesdays) and is great for local shopping.Genova and the mediterranean coast are 2 hours away.
Maccagno is a charming village on the Lombard side of Lake Maggiore. Only 90km from Milan, 50km from Malpensa airport and just a few minutes drive from Switzerland and lovely Lugano. Lower Maccagno has retained its Medieval aspect, with houses nestling close to each other. It has an ancient signalling tower - the Torre Imperiale. Tourists are enticed to it's beautiful beach where they sunbath on rocks jutting into the lake.There is a wide range of places to eat out, from family friendly pizzerias to fine italian restaurants.Maccagno is served by the lake ferry which will take you to all the beautiful towns on the edge of the lake and to the gardens on the Borromeo Islands.Golfo Gabella Lake Resort is a prestigious award winning development built on the edge of lake Maggiore.A holiday at Golfo Gabella means relaxation - from sipping cocktails around the pool to cruising on the lake.Fine dining can be had at the resorts own restaurant 'Acquadulza'.But for the more active, there are a variety of sports facilities close to Golfo Gabella including sailing at the yacht club, windsurfing and rock climbing (a complex equipped to the best international standards suitable for beginners to climbing schools) Then there's tennis, beach volleyball, or excursions on mountain bikes along paths through dense, unspoiled woods famed for their delicious mushrooms. There's also a local football pitch, skateboard ramps and a children's park.Golf lovers will find 6 prestigious courses within a range of 40 km. In winter, skiers can enjoy the small ski-lift at Alpe Forcora only 15 minutes away, or travel to the well-known Swiss ski resorts of San Bernardino, Airolo and Andermatt in just over an hour.The best thing about Golfo Gabella is that it is equally lovely all year round, from spring through fall.