The Stables Cottage in the grounds of Fosse Farmhouse was converted from a former eighteenth century horse stables which was part of the famous Badminton Estate built in 1750 by the Duke of Beaufort. On the ground floor the original stone cobbles hay racks and beamed oak ceiling have all been retained. In the summer months guests can enjoy delicious Cream Teas served in the garden from the neighbouring Farmhouse. There is plenty to do in the area for families and a large shared garden of half an acre for the children to enjoy. Opposite the property is a championship golf course that our guests can join as temporary members - subject to handicap and ground fees payable. Please enquire on booking. The picturesque village of Castle Combe is a short walk across the valley and the ancient Roman Fosse Way - the oldest Roman Road in England is perfect for cycling,walking,and jogging and is just outside the front door. Stonehenge, Glastonbury, Avebury, Bath, Bristol, Longleat and the Cotswolds are popular sightseeing destinations nearby.The property was recently filmed for a Japanese animation called 'Kiniro Mosaic' it is the home of the main character Alice Cartelet and her family.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 3 en suites and 1 toilet only|
|Nearest beach||Weston-super-mare 35 km|
|Nearest Amenities||3 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bristol 30 km, Nearest railway: Chippenham 8 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Fax machine, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double Beds (2), Single Beds (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair available|
|Outdoors||Shared garden, BBQ|
|Access||Secure parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
* Interiors featured in American Country Living magazine* Original 18th Century fixtures and fittings* Beamed Oak ceilings and Cobbled Stone floors (uneven surface)* Bedrooms all have TV and tea/coffee making facilities* Large sunny family kitchen* French and English Antique furniture throughout* Change of bedlinen and towels every 7 days.
|Further details outdoors|
* Shared Garden with other rental properties - young children should be supervised at all times * Grounds of over half an acre* Barbecue with dining table and chairs* Cream teas/ dinner/English breakfast and cider available from the neighbouring Farmhouse B&B* Local pub one mile - 20 minutes on foot* Village post office and general stores one mile* Secure off road parking behind the cottage for two cars
* Welcome basket and fresh flowers on arrival
* English and French spoken
* Check in time from 4pm Check out time 10 am
* Early Check in/ Late Check out possible depending on season. Additional charge £20.00 ph
* Three night minimum stay. On certain dates it may be possible for stay for two nights:please enquire
* No Smoking throughout the property.Smoking permitted in designated exterior locations
* Extra folding guest bed available for £25.00 per booking
* one dog accepted per booking at an additional charge of £10.00 per dog per night.
Located on the southern edge of the Cotswolds, Castle Combe is known as one of the most beautiful villages in England. The village is famous as a location for feature films including "Stardust", "Wolfman", and "War Horse". Bath Spa - the only natural hot mineral Springs in England is nearby and is a fabulous place to relax in. The stunning countryside surrounding the Stables Cottage is recognised as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is therefore protected from future development. Although set in a rural location the city of London is only one and a half hours drive away and Bath and Bristol city center's only twenty minutes drive away. The main sightseeing attractions of the south west, such as Longleat, Stonehenge, Bath, Bristol,Cirencester, Cheltenham and Oxford, are easily accessible by car.The National Trust village of Lacock is nearby and is very popular for families to visit as Harry Potter was filmed here.
Badminton House, the family seat of the Duke of Beaufort is 10 minutes' drive from the Stables Cottage. Famous for the Badminton Horse Trials (the biggest equestrian event held in Great Britain) it attracts thousands of visitors from all around the world each year. Bath Spa, the only natural hot water thermal springs in England, are just 30 minutes away by car. The Bath Festival is an international cultural event and attracts guest performers from all over the world. At Castle Combe the race circuit has thrilling car racing events throughout the year. Longleat safari park is just a 40 minute drive away and provides a wonderful day out for all the family. A Championship golf course is 10 minutes' drive from the cottage and for those wishing to 'practise their swing' there is a golf driving range in the next village.