If you are looking for a holiday where you can get away from the normal hustle and bustle of daily life, avoid lots of tourists and traffic, this is the right place for you. Unije island is the perfect place to simply get away from it all.
Our house is situated in the centre of the charming village of Unije on the island of the same name. The island of Unije, with its mild Mediterranean climate, is situated in the northern Adriatic bay of Kvarner in the Losinj archipelago.
The property is located just 1 minute walk away from the beach and a 2 minute walk to the little local grocery shop and 3 local restaurants. There is a post office 30 seconds walk from the front door and internet access in the local library above the post office. A local baker makes bread daily and this can be ordered easily. There are no roads on the island nor cars, hence no traffic (except for a few local tractors) and this guarantees a quiet and relaxing holiday suitable for all.
Our simple and cozy house (50 m²) is suitable for 3 to 5 people and consists of;
• fully–equipped kitchen combined with dining/living room (15m²) on the ground floor (+ sofa bed for 2 people),
• bathroom on the ground floor,
• 2 bedrooms on the first floor.
The larger bedroom (13m²) has a double bed (which can be made into a twin bed) and the smaller bedroom (8m²) has one single bed. On request, we can add one extra single bed in each of the bedrooms if there is 5 and you would like to avoid using the sofa bed in the dining room.
There is a covered, outside terrace in front of the house where you can relax and eat.
The owner of the property lives separately on the second floor (just above your accomodation) and is on hand for local information and advice if required.
The unique island of Unije is ideal for lovers of nature and peace and quiet and offers many possibilities for a very enjoyable holiday such as:
• swimming and snorkeling in the crystal-clear turquoise sea,
• sunbathing and relaxing on empty beaches
• hiking surrounded by the Mediterranean vegetation (Mediterranean evergreen “macchia” trees, salvia, cistus, laurel, lavender, rosemary and thyme) and enjoying stunning views,
• off road cycling (it is necessary to bring your own bicycles)
• daily trips to other islands on local boats
• eating in the local little restaurants traditional delightful Mediterranean dishes.
The passenger ship service provides connections to the nearby islands of Susak and Mali Losinj as well as the mainland cities of Rijeka, Pula and Zadar.