“Home Central” is a fully owner managed/maintained, spacious one bedroom apartment providing comfortable and modern accommodation (including free WiFi) for up to 4 guests in the heart of Edinburgh's historic Old Town.
This city centre (see our map “photo”) Edinburgh apartment occupies a quiet position, at the rear of a refurbished 19th Century Schoolhouse. Secure entry is through the substantial “Boys” door of the old School building, with an intercom providing additional security.
The apartment comprises an attractive, bright, open plan living room / dining area / kitchen. It's a comfortable living area with plenty of room to kick back and relax after a hard day out seeing the sights or attending a work event. The living room has a large chaise style sofa bed which pulls out very easily to form a good sized (6Ft 8") double bed .
There is a nice sized double bedroom which has a built in mirrored wardrobe with a shelf and hanging storage space for smaller items. The shower room, with toilet and wash hand basin, has been recently modernised. In the hallway there is a deep cupboard which can be used for stowing away suitcases or other luggage.
The modern kitchen is well provided with crockery, cutlery, glasses and kitchenware, a washer/dryer, integrated fridge/freezer, cooker, microwave as well as electrically wired heat & smoke detectors. In the immediate vicinity (1Min) there is a selection of shops, including a late night Tesco Metro (6am-11pm). However, for those that prefer to dine out, cosmopolitan Edinburgh is renowned for its large selection of restaurants, with a variety of restaurants / pubs right on your doorstep.
Whenever possible, guests will be welcomed personally at the property for the handover of keys. As you would expect, crisp fresh linen, bath and hand towels are provided for guests. In addition, local information / literature, iPod docking station and a small selection of books, DVDs & board games have been provided for your perusal.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedrooms|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom|
|Check in time:||16:00|
|Check out time:||11:00|
|Nearest beach||Portobello 3 km|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Edinburgh International 13 km, Nearest railway: Waverley Train Station 2 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double Beds (1), Sofa Beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair available|
|Access||Not suitable for wheelchair users|
Why the owner chose this property: Quite simply, the best of what Edinburgh has to offer is right on your door step as the apartment is located in the heart of the City. The building, an attractive refurbished 19th century Schoolhouse, is located a 5min walk away from the approximate centre of the Royal Mile & as such is close to the dead centre of historic Edinburgh (see our map “photo”). In the immediate vicinity there are a collection of museums, high quality restaurants/pubs, Festival & “Fringe” venues as well as the Festival Theatre. Being so central, the apartment (has FREE WiFi) is easy to find be your arrival by train (Waverley Station), airport bus (there are stops nearby) or taxi.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment: Without a doubt the apartment’s central location, near the dead centre of historic Edinburgh & the City’s main tourist attractions, has been a major Holiday Let draw. The apartment, which is located at the back (quiet) of a historical building, has an established track record as a successful Holiday Let and has had numerous repeat visits, which I believe is a good sign! Within 1mins walk there are a number of grocery shops & nearby a large variety other pubs / restaurants, numerous bus stops (including an airport / tour bus stop) and just it’s 10mins walk from the main train station (Edinburgh Waverley). In short, this apartment is a great base to make the most of your visit to Edinburgh! The apartment is fully owner managed / maintained, meaning you’re assured of receiving a personalised service................. I speak English; however please note that over the years I have found Google Translate very effective for assisting with queries & handling bookings in other languages.
1) Drummond Street: The apartment is very centrally located with all of Edinburgh's tourist attractions within easy reach. Ideally situated for the Festival Theatre (2 min walk), while Edinburgh Castle, the Palace of Holyrood House, Holyrood Park / Arthur's Seat, Dynamic Earth and the Scottish Parliament are all within 10-15 mins walk. To round off the major sites, the newly revamped National Museum of Scotland is just a 5 min walk away.
2) Edinburgh: The Old Town's cobbled streets, closes (alleyways) and historic Victorian / Georgian architecture make it visually stunning. The grandeur of the New Town, designer/boutique shopping on George Street and an immense choice of restaurants and bars make it a city to suit everyone's taste and budget!
3) The Festival city: Festivals are what Edinburgh does best, with something going on all year round. The high summer Military Tattoo & International and the Fringe are perhaps the best known, however to name but a few Edinburgh hosts the Science festival (April), Film Festival (June), Jazz & Blues Festival (July), Book Festival, Mela (August) and numerous gourmet food
4) Entertainment: Edinburgh has a throbbing night-life, is home to various jazz bars, comedy clubs, while during the summer street entertainment & busking Bag Pipers are never far away. The nearby Festival Theatre (2min walk) & Playhouse (15-20mins) host an abundance of cultural events, including operas, ballets & stand up comedy shows
5) Walking in The Green City: Edinburgh is a fantastic city to visit and is small enough to walk around. Holyrood Park, Princes Street gardens and the meadows (tennis & pitch n putt golf!) are popular places for a stroll, offering a change to the ever present guided historical / ghost tours! For the more energetic, Arthur's Seat (10min away), an extinct volcano, is crisscrossed with walking trails and is popular with runners / cyclists as well as tourists for some of the best views of the city from Salisbury Crags. In addition, the Botanical Gardens and Edinburgh Zoo, home to the UK's only Giant Pandas, are both worth a visit and are accessible by bus.
6) Running, Edinburgh Marathon: Billed as “the fastest marathon in the UK” and “one of the fastest in the World” Edinburgh is expected to host 40,000+ elite athletes in May 2016.
7) Hogmanay, the Scottish New Year: The Scots word for “the last day of the year.” Enough said! All in all, in the sunshine there is nothing better than wandering around the streets soaking up the atmosphere. When it rains (which has been known!) you are never far from somewhere interesting to dash into out of the weather. Edinburgh boast a huge number of Art Galleries, Museums, theatres and live music venues as well as Cinema's, indoor shopping centres and entertainment Plaza's - something for everyone!
STRICTLY NO PARTIES!
NO SMOKING IN THE APARTMENT or STAIRWELL! … Please respect the no-smoking rule
NO PETS ARE ALLOWED!
Our apartment is in a residential block, please be respectful of the working professionals living in the apartments around you. This building is their home and as such they are under no obligation to put up with excessively loud music/TV noise and/or smoking in the stairwell. Please bear in mind that our neighbours can, and will, report any behaviour that contravenes these House Rules to the relevant authorities, which could entail a police caution or fine.
Finally, enough of the heavy stuff!..... We really appreciate you booking with us & hope you have a wonderful stay in our lovely home.