Le Chateau de la Vallee is idyllically set in beautiful rolling countryside.next to the beautiful Forest of Eu and nestling on the edge of the pretty village of Grandcourt. It is divided into two wings, each sleeping up to 10 people, and the wings can be rented separately or together, creating enough room for 20-24 people, plus there's a pretty 3 bedroomed cottage sleeping up to 6 people in the grounds which can be rented with the chateau to create a maximum capacity for the whole property of 26-30 people, or you can rent the Cottage on its own. The beach at Criel-sur-Mer is just a 15 minute scenic drive away and the cities of Dieppe and Abbeville are just half an hour away, while Paris is an easy two hour drive. The Chateau and its Cottage are fantastic properties with their own heated pool which have been lovingly renovated retaining a vast array of original features without being too fussy. They are furnished in a period style in keeping with their rustic surroundings and provide lots of little luxuries that make a holiday here something quite special.
|Size||Sleeps up to 20, 8 bedrooms|
|Rooms||8 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms of which 8 family bathrooms|
|Nearest beach||Criel sur Mer 20 km|
|Nearest Amenities||200 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Beauvais 80 km, Nearest railway: Blangy sur Bresle 12 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (heated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double Beds (6), Single Beds (8), Cots available (4), Dining seats for 20, Lounge seats for 20|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair available|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (heated), Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ, Bicycles available, Swing set|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
Le Treport and Mers-les-Bain are about 20 minutes drive away and well worth a visit for their fantastic restaurants, interesting architecture and antique shops.
The city of Eu, with its striking cathedral is well worth a visit and the cities of Dieppe and Abbeville are only 30 minutes drive away.
It’s also well worth making the 40 minute journey to the beautiful seaside town of St Valery-sur-somme with its huge array of pretty boats moored where the Somme meets the sea. The shops are lovely here, as is the seafood! For glorious sandy beaches, Le Crotoy is a little farther north.
If you feel like venturing further afield, Paris is only 2 hours away with Disneyland and Parc Asterix being favourites for the children.
Day trips can be made to the bird sanctuary at Marquenterre, Le Touquet with its infamous golfing, Monet’s garden at Giverny and the battlefields of the Somme are on the doorstep as well as the amazing chateaux of Eu and Rambures.
* There are several riding schools in the area, catering for everyone from age three upwards.
* There is lots of fishing in the region.
* There are two quad biking tracks within 10 minutes drive.
* The area is very popular for green-laning.
* There are many fantastic brocantes every Sunday during the summer – highly recommended and a great and very French day out for all the family.
* There is golf at Le Touquet.
* There are wonderful cycle paths, walks and picnicking areas in the forest of Eu, two minutes away.
* There is amazing wildlife to watch.
* There are plenty of wonderful restaurants in the area.
* There are expansive pebble beaches at Criel-sur-Mer and Mers-les-Bain and sandy beaches at Le Crotoy.
* There’s the bird sanctuary to visit at Marquenterre.
* There’s a great fish market and a casino at Le Treport.
* There’s a water park, Bagatelle, near le Touquet.
* Paris can easily be done in a day trip.
* Disneyland and Parc Asterix can be done each in a day.
* There’s Monet’s garden to visit at Giverny.
* There’s a huge lake near Gamaches, about 10 minutes away, with canoeing, kayaking, waterski-ing and windsurfing.
* There’s tennis in the nearby town of Neufchatel en Bray.
* There’s fantastic shopping to be done in cosmopolitan Dieppe.
Grandcourt is a typical pretty French country village with a breathtaking church and just two shops – a grocers, and that all-important bakers where after a three minute walk you will be able to buy your freshly baked bread and croissants each morning for breakfast. The village also has its own very authentic bar in the village square. The locals are very friendly and it’s impossible to pass someone in the street without them saying a friendly “bonjour”. The village is right on the edge of the beautiful Forest of Eu with its amazing cycle paths and walks and less than 10 minutes drive through the forest brings you to the picturesque market town of Blangy-sur-Bresle with its lively Sunday morning market and eclectic collection of shops as well as a large supermarket. Just 15 minutes drive away is the sleepy coastal town of Criel-sur-Mer with its huge expanse of beach.