Come to enjoy the typical architecture of Tuscany houses!
Villa PetrAlexa is an antic, now renovated barn, with natural stone, original beam ceilings and glass doors which offer a pleasing mix in a comfortable, spacious environment spread over two floors with a wide attic.
Quiet and peaceful, yet only ten minutes from Radda in Chianti, you have easy access to all necessary amenities for a comfortable stay.
The villa benefits from its own PRIVATE POOL: a small pool, rather for refreshing than for really swimming, with shaded and sunny areas at your choice and sun beds for everybody.
Leading from the living room is a spacious outside area furnished with bbq and gazebo to enable you to dine al fresco, with stunning views over vineyards and the village of Vertine.
The open kitchen in the large living room is completely furnished - try a home cooked dinner from our Chef or learn some typical Tuscan recipes!! -
With one double bedroom with single sofa bed and ensuite bathroom, one twin bedroom, two beds on the attic and three more bathrooms, the villa is ideal for families, or two couples with children, with plenty in the surrounding area to see and do during your stay.
Wi-fi, English library, Italian music and DVD’s for children are at your disposal for rainy or lazy days!
BUT ABOVE ALL … WHAT MAKES A HOLIDAY AT LISIDOR AN UNFORGETTABLE MEMORY?
the people you will meet ...
* our Chef Maria Rosa and it's great menus, and her passion in teaching you the secrets of the Tuscan cuisine
* our lovely housekeeper Piero and his art of preparing the fire for a pizza
* our professional tennis teacher Alberto and his love for teaching
* our local guide with his weakness for this unique area of Tuscany and all the fascinating stories and anecdotes he can tell you
* our passion for cycling and walking! We have many nice itineraries to suggest you
* our personal experience of the area: we can help you in your choices and plans to make the most of your time and experience the real Tuscan way of life!
Surrounded by a wide garden between centuries old oak trees, the villa provides wonderful views over the hills, the vineyards and the famous village Vertine.
Many shaded areas, the gazebo with sun beds, the barbecue area offer different opportunities to best enjoy the outside environment.
Villa PetrAlexa is situated in the heart of Tuscany, in the Chianti hills, midway between Siena and Firenze reachable respectively in 30 and 45 minutes by car.
Immersed in this famous hills for its wine brand “Gallo Nero”, between vineyards and olive-groves the villa enjoys a position which will permit you to isolate yourself from the rest of the world and take delight of the charm of these land, but with the comfort to have the nearest centre only a short drive away:
Radda in Chianti, delicious small village, with its restaurants and shops, a pharmacy, a bank, a cinema, many bars, Internet Cafe, and many wine and food tasting opportunities.
FURTHER DETAILS INDOOR:
- 180 square meters villa
- Washing-machine, dishwasher, iron and ironing-board.
- Recreational reading library, games for adults and children, Dvd, Cd player.
FURTHER DETAILS OUTDOOR:
- Swimming pool with outside shower and sun beds for each party member. (7,5mt; width 5,5mt; depth 1,20mt) Closed in Off Season.
- Wide garden with pretty vistas over the countryside, the castle of Vertine, and surrounded by woods.
- Barbecue bbq with outside dining area.
- Gazebo with table, chairs and sun beds, hammock
- Parking for 3 cars inside the fenced garden
- Outside sofa area with beautiful views
|Size||Sleeps up to 7, 3 bedrooms|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 3 family bathrooms and 1 en suite|
|Check in time:||16:00|
|Check out time:||09:00|
|Nearest beach||Marina di Grosseto 110 km|
|Nearest Amenities||3 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Florence 75 km, Nearest railway: Siena 25 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, Yes, smoking allowed|
|Luxuries||Fireplace, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Safe, Satellite TV|
|Standard||Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double Beds (1), Sofa Beds (1), Single Beds (4), Cots available (1), Dining seats for 7, Lounge seats for 7|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair available|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Private tennis court, BBQ, Bicycles available|
|Access||Secure parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
Tuscany does not need any presentation! The cities with its history and art attractions, the medieval villages, the special food and wine, the welcoming people make it a region with a matchless offer.
Villa PetrAlexa is situated in the heart of this region. Just a taste of the many places you can visit:
* San Gimignano, today UNESCO patrimony, famous for its many towers.
* Siena, may be the best-preserved medieval city in Italy.
* Florence….How is a summary possible?
* Monteriggioni, one of the few completely walled towns that can be proud of its original medieval walls still standing.
Famous for the wine, its production in Tuscany still follows the ancient guidelines to produce some of the best wines in the world: Chianti Classico, Brunello di Montalcino, Nobile di Montepulciano, Sassicaia and the sweet Vin Santo with 'Cantucci' biscuits! Basically, the harvest (called “vendemmia”, in Italian) in the whole Tuscany starts on the end of August and beginning of September, a very fascinating period to visit the Chianti hills.
Think about choosing a week in relation to the many events of this region, for example:
- "Cantine aperte", last weekend of May: over 800 wine cellars open to be visited for free wine tasting.
- "Palio" of Siena, 2 July and 16 August: the bareback horse races.
- "Calici di stelle": 10 August: possibility to delight in "the raining of San Lorenzo's tears" quality wine and typical quality products in the historical centre and piazzas, among courtyards of unexpected beauty and castles.
- "Welcome harvest", September: discover the production cycle of wine through walks through the vineyards, visits to the companies, and tastings.
- "St. Martins day", 2nd week of November: the Wineries will be open to the public for the tasting of the "Novello Wine" (the new wine of last season)
- Chianti bycicling and mountain biking:
June: "Chianti Classic" non competitive cycling road race
October: "L'Eroica", Vintage Race, participants from all over the world
- "Stelle mercanti", Stars and Merchants. A market held at night with local artisans, hand crafts and music. From 6 PM to 11 PM. Every third Thursday of the months of June, July and August at Greve in Chianti.
... and many other local events...
Once you decide your period of holiday, I will help you to find out all what's going on so to fully experience your Tuscan stay!
The villa is located in a very strategic position for mountain bike tours! The most beautiful tours in this surroundings pass just next to our house. You can choose a different tour each day, between easy and demanding. We have detailed maps of all our favorite tours and can help you in the organization.
From the villa you can start beautiful relaxing walks in the silence of the area, go jogging on the unpaved road along the woods, and cycle passing vineyards and olive trees.
Or take the car and quickly reach many wine-and oil tasting farms, special restaurants, an 'Enoteca' for happy hours with "bruschetta" and visit the beauties of this country. Our suggestions:
Our suggestions what to see:
* Castellina in Chianti:
medieval village famous for its tower 'La Rocca' and for the Via delle Volte, a medieval trail under the town with military origins.
* Radda in Chianti:
the medieval fortified village that has grown around the church of San Nicolò and the 1400's Podestà building – now municipal building. Among the stony buildings of this cosy town you will find souvenirs shops, wine shops, restaurants, bars and typical products boutiques.
* Greve in Chianti:
one of the oldest towns in Chianti area; Piazza del Mercato is nowadays the biggest attraction. There are more then 20 restaurants, wine shops, souvenir shops, typical products shops.
* Panzano in Chianti:
a charming hamlet built on the top of a hill during the 11th century, famous for the Chianina steak.
* the castles and vine cellars of Broglio, Albola castle from the 1000's; Volpaia hamlet
* The Chiantigiana road crossing the countryside
* and for longer day trips Lucca, Pisa and the seaside whish are reachable in more or less 1 hour and a half.
Moreover there are horse riding opportunities and itineraries, the Golf Ugolino, 18 holes in Grassina near Florence (63km), the Termal baths - Spa: Terme di Rapolano: 42km, 45min. Terme di Radicondoli: 54km, 1h. Terme di Murlo: 60km, 1h. Terme di Rapolano, San Giovanni: 62km, 1h.