The sweeping vista across the valley to Cortona and Castiglion Fiorention with the wonderful castle of Montecchio makes the perfect base for a friends and family home in Tuscany.
Recently renovated with great care and - attention to detail, Casa Sophia is a four bedroom, three bathroom villa which incorporates many of the original materials - including terracotta floor tiles , chestnut beams and beautiful stonework - whilst benefiting from many modern features and functionality.
The design of this lovely family home cleverly captures the beauty of the surrounding countryside, with large windows and glazed doors seamlessly adjoining the large landscaped garden creating a feeling of space and light. The villa's terraces enhance the feeling of being at one with the Tuscan landscape which surrounds the house .
The lovely gardens and large private pool with its infinity edge, make the lovely views even more spectacular.
Included in the renovation of Casa Sophia are both a high Spec kitchen and luxurious bathrooms , all carefully chosen to keep with tradition, whilst retro/industrial lighting and furniture combined with many 1920’s originals give a special character dd character to the house.
This is a family home, designed around the children, with a fun sleeping space, their own dining area, a well equipped games cupboard, a separate games room in the garden and of course a large pool with plenty of room to run around the garden, which is totally secure. The villa is also a great place to relax and entertain friends – the villa's emphasis on social, open plan living and a its central kitchen island are perfect for great dinner parties as well as for rolling fresh pasta !
Details of the villa:
1. Large open living/dining/kitchen/hall across all of ground floor opening out onto gardens and pool area
2. Downstairs bathroom and separate utility area for washing clothes/storage
3. Well equipped bespoke wood/granite kitchen with large range cooker, central island, dishwasher
4. Kitchen table/breakfast area – ideal for kids activities, seating for 6
5. Formal Dining Table – seating for 8 in open plan dining area with double doors onto outside terrace
6. Living area with 2 sofas and armchair, coffee tables, large central fireplace and double width glass doors with view over valley & pool area
7. Outside terrace with dining table & seating for 10 under canopy roof and overlooking gardens, pool and view of valley & castle
8. Upstairs to corridor with 4 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms
9. 1 large double with ensuite shower room & balcony overlooking gardens, pool and valley view
10. 1 large double with double height beamed ceiling
11. 1 medium double with doors opening onto terrace with stairs leading down to garden & views to front of house
12. 1 medium childrens room with bunk beds & stairs leading up to mezzanaine floor and velux roof window
13. 1 large bathroom with bath, shower etc
14. Large landscaped gardens with trees, fruit trees, gravel driveway, grass, landscaped pool area with views to Cortona
15. Infinity pool with 6 loungers/sun canopy ( heated to extend season )
16. Small brick outbuilding used for table tennis table/games room
17. BBQ area
18. Wifi available
|Size||Sleeps up to 9, 5 bedrooms|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 3 Family bathrooms|
|Check in time:||16:00|
|Check out time:||10:00|
|Nearest beach||Trasemeno Lake,|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||2.5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Perugia 45 mins (45km), Pisa 1 hour 45, Rome 2 hou, Nearest railway: castiglion fiorentino 6 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Fireplace, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double Beds (3), Sofa Beds (1), Bunk Beds (1)|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Secure parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
Places to visit: Thanks to its perfect location, day trips from here could include a wine tour of many wine regions or a visit to any number of Tuscany's famous villages: Montepulciano, Pienza, Cortona, Arezzo and Siena. Florence is also easily accessible by either road or by train. There is a train statin close by and the main Autostrade (highway) to Rome and Florence is easily reachable. Then, there are the outlet villages - Prada or Gucci - to name names !