• Lakeside cottage
This lovely cottage is in a prime waterfront location. It is situated on the Lough shore with wonderful views over beautiful Lough Erne.
A quiet and and peaceful retreat yet only 2 miles from pubs and shops in the friendly picturesque village of Kesh.
• Private Jetty
The Lough is world renowned for angling. Cottage is an ideal base for fishing, water sports, caving, golf or rambling. Alternatively simply sit back and enjoy the beautiful view whilst enjoying the clean fresh air.
• Marina with slip
• Outdoor dining table and BBQ
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 en suite|
|Check in time:||15:00|
|Check out time:||10:00|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Belfast International|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Fireplace, Internet access, DVD player, Sea view|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Bunk Beds (1), Single Beds (2), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
The area is one of breath taking natural beauty. The Lough is reputed to have 365 islands some of which are bird sanctuaries.
Lough Erne is the perfect location for watersports. For activity enthusiast there's plenty to keep you occupied - caving, walking, cycling, horse-riding etc.
Golfers can enjoy a fabulous range of golf courses suitable for all strengths and abilities. The exciting new Lough Erne Golf Resort designed by Nick Faldo is now open
• Water sports - Canoe hire, water skiing lessons, Kayaking, Wake Boarding, Knee Boarding and Inflatable Rides ( Banana Boating etc). available locally.
• Golf : Lisnarick 18 hole par 66 and floodlit Driving range. Manor house 9 hole. Castle Hume 18 hole par 72 . Full clubhouse facilities. Enniskillen 18 hole par 71.
• Tennis Courts for hire are available in Irvinestown and Manor House.
• Fishing - Coarse and game fishing throughout the Lough. Local gullies available for private hire.
• Pony Trekking through nearby Castle Archdale forest.
• Flying – see Lough Erne from the air - trial flying lesson available at St Angelo airport.
• Unique Seaplane trips over Lough Erne in modern Amphibious Aircraft.
• Clay pigeon shooting and Archery.
• 4X4 off road driving. Experience a Safari Drive and drive on adverse off road conditions.
• Go Karting - 550m outdoor karting track near Kesh. Races are fully marshalled karting gear provided .
Places to Go
• World famous Belleek pottery
• Ulster American Folk Park
• Marble Arch Caves
• National Trust Properties include CastleCoole, Florencecourt
• Devenish Island with ancient round tower is one of the finest monastic sites in Ireland.
• Castle Archdale Forest Park - Nature trails, Lough side and woodland walks and cycle trails run throughout this beautiful country park which is located on the shores of lower Lough Erne.
Visitors can the explore a butterfly garden, wildflower meadow and deer enclosure. Woodland & loughshore walks. Marina, access to White Island, natural history exhibits, old agricultural history exhibits, old agricultural machinery. Castle Archdale at War exhibition on the Battle of the Atlantic.
Archdale Centre, [ corner of the main courtyard]. See various exhibitions, including 'Castle Archdale at War'. The exhibition highlights Castle Archdale's important role in WW2 as the most westerly flying-boat station, from which aircraft protected the allied convoys from the U-boat threat in the North Atlantic.
Places to See
• Historic town of Enniskillen.
• Atlantic Ocean at Rossnowlagh beach.
• Lough Navar Forest Park view point for panoramic views over Co Fermanagh. Sligo, Benbulben and Yeats country 40 mins by car.
• Founded in the 6th Century by St. Molaise, Devenish Island is in Lower Lough Erne and is one of the finest monastic sites in Ireland.
• Cruises of Lower Lough daily from Enniskillen.
• Lunch cruises available onboard the fully air conditioned Lady of The Lake.
• Day Boat hire available locally
• Enniskillen - Donegal Town and Omagh are only a few of the places to enjoy a varied shopping experience.
• Try the famous Fermanagh Black Bacon locally made by O Doherty Butcher Enniskillen.
• There are numerous good restaurants locally. Eg Café Merlot in Enniskillen town
• Try the locally made Tickety Moo ice-cream at Oghill farm, Killadeas.
• Spa - Full & Half Day Thai Spa Packages at Lough Erne Golf Hotel also have complimentary use of The Infinity Pool & Thermal Suite at The Thai Spa.
• Ardowen Theatre Enniskillen.
• Cinemas in Omagh and Enniskillen. Lakeland forum
• Ulster American folk park Omagh.
• Sheelin Antique Lace Museum Bellanaleck.
• Enniskillen Castle overlooking Lough Erne in Enniskillen, once the stronghold of Gaelic Maguire chieftains. The castle's history is traced from its beginnings as a Maguire castle until its use as a barracks in the 1700s and 1800s.