Welcome to "Appartement du Barry”, a charming and stylish vacation home accommodating 2-4 guests, located in the very heart of historic Nimes. The apartment has 1 bedroom with double bed, 1 lounge/kitchen with fold down sofa-bed (please enquire when booking for more than 2 guests) and relaxing Terrace with dining set.
The city of Nimes is located perfectly between the charm of Provence, the sophistication of Languedoc, the beauty of the Cevennes and the adventure of the Camargue.
The apartment is situated between the splendid Rue Jean Juares (leading to Jardin de la Fontaine, France's first public Garden), and the historic Roman amphitheatre, the focal point of the city. Guests are perfectly situated to explore and enjoy all that Nimes has to offer, and all without the need for a car.
Enjoy delicious local foods, stroll through the quaint medieval pedestrianised centre, wonder at ancient and modern architectural masterpieces, and enjoy a glass or two of the finest local wines whilst resting at the many outdoor cafe's and restaurants.
Appartement du Barry is situated centrally in a modern block, and is close to all transport links, allowing guests to explore all that the city and the region has to offer without the need for a car. A secure car parking space may be available (please enquire).
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedrooms|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Nearest beach||Le Grau-du-Roi (accessible by train or bus) 46 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Nimes Garons airport, 25 mins on shuttle bus 15 km, Nearest railway: Gare SNCF de Nîmes (and adjoining bus station), 10 1.2 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Cooker, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace|
|Access||Lift access, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
Nimes is a charming Roman city oozing sophistication, beauty and culture.
You will love the tiny, twisting pedestrian streets filled with boutiques eager to be discovered, the cafés piled onto pavements, the shady squares pulsing with restaurants hidden around each corner and the dramatic fountains which dispel the summer heat.
Remarkably preserved Roman buildings amaze at every turn. Indulge yourself, sitting in the shade, with a glass of chilled rosé in hand, gazing in awe at Les Arènes, one of the best preserved Roman amphitheaters in the world. Relax and gaze at the beautiful Maison Carré while devouring ice-cream in an adjacent café. Enjoy strolling along the impressive Rue Jean Juares, exploring the magnificent Jardin de la Fontaine.
Take in the music of the city. The vibe, the elegance, the way of life……..
The indoor food market, Les Halles, is bursting with irresistible local food and atmosphere.
Nimes is a great central base for day-trips to nearby areas and attractions. The excellent train network makes a day trip a relaxing option, or hire a car for the day and explore those hard to get at places. There is so much to enjoy and explore in the surrounding areas. Why not enjoy some of the locations and activities noted here, or consult the tourist office for even more day trip ideas.
- Enjoy the 2 local Golf clubs, Golf de Nimes Vacquerolles just 8km from Nimes Centre or Golf de Nimes Campagne at 10km.
- Visit the historic town of Uzes for the Provencal market on Wednesday and Saturday, just 26km from Nimes
- Explore the wild Camargue country and the Gaurdian cowboys on horesback or 4x4 Safari from just 30km from Nimes
- Be amazed at the stunning Pont du Gard, an over 2000 year old Roman aqueduct. On foot, taking in the museum or by Kayak from further up the Gard river, just 37km from Nimes.
- Stroll through narrow streets within the medieval walled town of Aigues-Mortes just 41km away
- Bask on the wonderful Mediterranean beaches at Le Grau-du-Roi just 46km away. (both Aigues-Mortes and the beaches can be accesses on the tourist train at 1 euro per journey depending on season.)
- Visit the stunning Avignon, taking in the history of the Palais des Papes, only 50km
- Meet and eat at Montpellier's Place de la Comedie before a stroll along broad boulevards or some shopping in chic boutiques, at 53km, a short train ride away.
All this and so much more to see and do in the region, all from a comfortable base in Nimes.