Casa Cairucu - as featured in Conde Nast US, i-escape, the Sunday Times and Telegraph - is a sea front beach house reached only by sea and surrounded by forest with incredible views - close to beautiful beaches and the charming historical city of Paraty (nearest airport is Rio de Janeiro - Brazil).
The house has a modern, clean touch and catches the best of the sea views. Perfect for families or groups of friends, honeymooners looking for something special and unusual, water sport lovers, to explore or relax. Paraty is 10 to 30 mins away (depending on boat), and close to the the region's most beautiful beaches.
There are 3 double (/twin) en suite rooms that face the sea (beds for 8 people total), and a single room with bathroom next door. Two of rooms have a connected door – ideal for families. We also have 2 travel cots and baby monitor.
A fully equipped kitchen, small library of CDs, DVDs and books, a selection of board games, snorkelling equipment, 2 double kayaks and 2 fishing rods. We include daily-maid services from 8 am to 1 pm (cleaning and cooking).
Casa Cairuçu takes its name from its spectacular location. A few steps from the calm, protected waters of Paraty Bay, the house is located inside the Environmental Protection Area (APA) of Cairuçu surrounded by pristine beaches, uninterrupted swathes of rainforest and traditional fishing communities. There are no roads or cars to disturb the views, just forest paths, passing fishing boats and the sounds of the sea.
Other Activities: Kayak, SUP, walks, swimming and boat trips. Colonial Paraty - shops, bars and restaurants - and nearby waterfalls.
Your stay includes boat transfers, remote concierge and shopping service on Day 1, daily maid service, internet and all facilities.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Praia do Bare 150 m|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Rio de Janeiro Galeao International Airport 242 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property, Sea view|
|General||TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 3 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Furniture||2 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Single beds (5), Cots (2), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 8|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Not suitable for wheelchair users|
Paraty is the colonial gem at the heart of the stunning region known as the Costa Verde, the Emerald Coast. Densely forested mountains and waterfalls drop away to deserted beaches and azure seas.
UK airport to Brazil – you can fly to either Rio de Janeiro or Sao Paulo airport.
Paraty is in the state of Rio, 3 ½ hours from the city or 4 ½ from Sao Paulo. You can take a private transfer or bus from the central Rio bus terminal.
Arriving in Paraty, your guide will meet you and then take a 20-30 minute boat journey from Paraty harbour to the house.
When to go
Paraty is a year round destination with water temperatures ranging between 23 to 28 degrees Celsius.
• The 'summer' is the rainy season and also the hottest and busiest time of year. Between December and March it often rains at the end of the afternoon, freshening up the air. It's rare to rain all day and for consecutive days. Paraty is cooler than the big cities due to its sea breezes and forests, and Casa Cairucu in turn is fresher than Paraty. Average temperatures 23-29 degrees (though often hotter).
• Sept to Nov is the mild season, where there are few people, warm weather and not too hot, rain possible as always in the Tropics.
• April - June is in many ways the best season with lovely weather, statistically very little rain, not so hot (22-28 degrees), and clear skies. Rain probability is at the lowest. Cool at night.
• July to August is so called winter, a bit cooler still, quite dry, and you need often a jumper at night. This is a good time for elderly people (that don't like heat) but it is also a peak season for European families and honeymooners.
Remember this is a rainforest region - very green and beautiful - rain is part of the system.
Casa Cairuçu takes its name from its spectacular location. A few steps from the calm, protected waters of Paraty Bay, the house is located inside the Environmental Protection Area (APA) of Cairuçu surrounded by pristine beaches, uninterrupted swathes of rainforest and traditional fishing communities. There are no roads or cars to disturb the views, just forest paths and passing fishing boats.
Kingfishers and herons enjoy the advantage from the tree shading the terrace, hummingbirds flit between flowers and right in front are shoals of colourful fish, often turtles and dolphins.
Things to do
• Private boat trips to explore the amazing Paraty bay, its beaches such as Praia Vermelho and Praia da Lula, snorkelling spots like Ilha do Mantimento, Ilha Comprida and Ilha dos Cocos, and favourite waterside restaurants Catimbau and Cheiro de Camarao. Pre-book a special lunch at wonderful Catimbau island (Eh Laho) and they'll even come and pick you up for 30 reais return. An excursion in itself!
• Colonial Paraty its profusion of beautiful churches, boutique shops, bars and restaurants - is on your door step and within 10-15 minutes you can be whisked there at any time of day. At night separate boat transfers must be organised at extra cost.
• You can swim from the house. The water is lovely and warm and often crystal clear. There are alot of fish amongst the rocks right in front of the house, and if you are lucky you will often also see starfish and even turtles and dolphins. There are basic sets of snorkelling equipment in the house but if you love swimming/snorkelling we recommend you bring your own.
• The house is also wonderful for relaxing. Deckchairs and hammocks, a library of books and DVD's. You're located equal distance between charming Paraty and its stunning beaches.
• The kayaks (2 doubles incl large / medium life jackets) are great fun, another way to explore.
• There is a small path at the back of the house that a few locals use. You can walk to Praia do Baré - an excellent swimming beach for children – in 5 mins, the lovely Praia Vermelha is about a 30-40 minute walk in the other direction where there are places for lunch and you can often get a lift back by boat.
• Cachacaria Maria Izabel – straight across the bay Maria Izabel produces her award winning cachaca (sugar cane rum), visits and short tours can be arranged. http://www.mariaizabel.com.br/
• Other excursions from Paraty can be organised at extra cost. For example to visit nearby distillery's (cachacarias) or a profusion of wonderful waterfalls (such as Tobogan) and beaches (Trindade, Camburi, Picinguaba, Fazenda, Felix to name but a few).
• For the active we can arrange SUP (Stand UP Paddle), sea kayaking and hikes with our friends Michael and Rodrigo at Paraty Explorer.