This luxurious heritage West End apartment is lovingly furnished to provide cosiness with elegance and sophistication. All the bathrooms/washrooms have been fully modernised this January to provide excellent showers. It sleeps 6 + 2 (+cot/crib) in two comfortable king size bedrooms with fully updated ensuite shower rooms, one triple with kingsize bed (or two single) and single bed and adjacent bath/shower room, and one single room with adajacent washroom. Of course there is free wifi throughout.
With its own off-street private parking, this place is hard to beat.
Within the UNESCO heritage 200 year old New Town, on Atholl Crescent, one of the premier crescents, it's a block away from famous Princes' Street in Edinburgh's West end, it's within walking distance of theatres, cinemas, good restaurants/bars, the Royal Mile & Castle and of course High Street shopping -- as well as the Business District and IECC, the new Conference Centre. Edinburgh is such a compact city!
The airport tram, three supermarkets, the train station and coach tours are steps away - it's the ideal base to experience Edinburgh and explore Scotland.
• The lovely classically-proportioned sitting-room, with period features, looks out over the Crescent public gardens and catches the afternoon sun. It has comfortable seating for ten people, a TV and DVD player;
• A large south-facing bedroom with king-size oak bed, matching drawers and closet, full-length mirror and ensuite power shower with wash hand basin and toilet;
• The single bedroom/study has single bed (or cot/crib) as well as a Chinese cherry wood desk and desk-light for those who want a quiet spot to work. A washroom and toilet is adjacent.
A curved staircase leads down to the lower floor which has two further bedrooms as well as:
• A south-facing sunny dining room, with seating for ten people, looking out over the small fenced garden. This room is connected to the kitchen through a serving hatch and has a handy butler's pantry with a small fridge for easy entertaining, drinks and fruit juices;
• A well-appointed south-facing kitchen, with back door to fenced garden and car space, includes a gas hob and two electric ovens/grill, micro-wave, 4-slice toaster, coffee-maker, electric kettle, refrigerator and dishwasher. The breakfast table for four people provides convenience and cosiness,
• The large Master bedroom, with king size bed, closet and drawers, full length mirror, with completely upgraded ensuite shower, wash-hand basin and toilet;
• A large triple bedroom with double bed and sleeping bed/futon, walk-in closet and drawers.
• A generously proportioned upgraded bathroom has a bath/shower, wash-hand basin and toilet;
• A utility room with large washing machine, a washer/dryer, generous hanging space, iron & ironing board and large freezer
• Free wifi through-out
• Dedicated private car-space
• Central heating
• TV with DVD player
• Linen and towels included
• Sunny fenced garden
• Free maid service and linen/towel change for guests staying 8 days or more
• Cot and high chair available upon request
I live close by and will be happy to answer questions and help with ideas of what to do & where to go in Edinburgh and nearby.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 4 bedrooms|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms and 2 En suites|
|Check in time:||14:00|
|Check out time:||11:00|
|Nearest beach||Portobello 5 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||500 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Edinburgh 12 km, Nearest railway: Haymarket 1 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Telephone, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double beds (3), Single beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 10, Lounge seats for 10|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
There's something nearby for everyone in Edinburgh. Within half-an-hour lies beautiful Roslyn Chapel; learn about coal-mining at the Scottish Mining Museum; go hill walking in the Pentlands with 100km of signposted paths; go rock climbing at EICC; enjoy the sea at Portobello or Aberlady -- and, of course, play golf for a very reasonable fee. Further afield is Dirleton Castle near North Berwick; There are tiny Fife fishing villages to explore, narrow boats and rowing boats on the Union Canal to hire, a dry ski slope, Scottish Wildlife Trusts' reserve and bird hide at Duddingston Loch to check out, and of course whisky and micro-breweries to tour. Pretty much whatever you want to do within about one hour's driving. Or take the bus - all bus stops are within 5 - 10 minutes walk of the house.
Good roads can whisk you away, by car or coach tour, for a day (or more) to picturesque castles, the beautiful Highlands and Islands, Loch Ness, Glencoe; the Aviemore ski resorts or whisky distilleries and fishing in Speyside. Or go stress free by scenic railways trips from Haymarket station just 1 km away from your apartment.
2014 is going to be a special year for world events in Scotland with the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow and the Ryder Cup in Gleneagles in September. Edinburgh is within one hour from both places.
Scotland's capital city has everything. Already world-famous as the International Festival City for films (June), Jazz (July), theatre/concerts/the Fringe (August), Books (August/September, Edinburgh is also a UNESCO heritage site. Its centuries-old heart beats in a vibrant modern environment - from Princes' Street shopping with high street names, designer brands and boutiques to iconic 1000-year old Edinburgh Castle, which hosts the Edinburgh Tattoo (July/August) and dominates both the medieval Old Town and 200 year-old New Town. Castle Rock is also home to the Whisky Experience and Camera Obscura.
To counter the city attractions, Edinburgh also offers the countryside within its city limits with the very walkable Arthur's Seat beside Holyrood Palace, the Queen's home in Scotland, and Portobello's sandy beach only 5km away.