* The Retreat Cottage - privately situated - own Hot Tub
* Short Breaks year round
* Own Private Hot Tub with mood lighting
* Includes ample "Breakfast Basket"
* Minimum stay 2 nights most of year - enquire for 3 & 4 nights May - Sept
* Fully Equipped, sleeps 2
* Enclosed garden
* Romantic short breaks for couples.
* Walking distance to Pub & River Cottage HQ
* 5 minutes drive to the Jurassic Coast at Lyme Regis.
*1 bedroom ground floor garden cottage
* Every appliance & convenience thought of
* Private terrace, garden and patio
* Garden furniture, huge umbrella, cushions
* Enjoy uninterrupted peace and quiet.
* Multi Award Winning Accommodation.
* Own Hot Tub great for year round use in any weather just for you
* Overlooking a glade of trees, copse and fields.
* Walking distance to pub.
* Wi fi available at Main House 1 mins walk
* 32" DVD/TV, bedroom TV, DVDs, Books, Maps.
* Brass bed has fitted wardrobes,TV
* En suite bathroom with rainfall shower.
* Sitting room with leather recliner sofa
* Good heating and feature flame effect fire
* Designer kitchen has every appliance including washer drier
* Breakfast Bar & Kitchen with patio, bistro table and chairs
*The Breakfast Basket & Refreshments - ample for your stay
* All linen provided, robes, slippers, lots of towels
* Electric towel rail - always have warm towels
* Useful items i.e. torch, loo rolls, kitchen foil, roll, herbs, cooking oil etc.
* Toiletries, hair drier, cool air fan, cool bag with ice blocks, iron & board
* Dish washer, washing machine tablets, washing up liquid
* Private well lit safe parking and own well lit private entrance.
* Outdoor sensor lighting, High Viz jackets for walking to the pub
* Host Joy, a true local, font of local knowledge available 24/7
* Set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
* Ideal location for both the coast and countryside
* Electric car charger (Type 2)
* Level ground floor accommodation with walk in shower.
* Ample Parking & outdoor sensor lighting
* January week day special price.
* Just ask Joy - see similar property Acorns Apartment on this listings
Babe in arms 12 months and under welcome by prior arrangement.
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 en suite|
|Check in time:||15:00|
|Check out time:||11:00|
|Nearest beach||Lyme Regis 4 km|
|Nearest Amenities||2 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Exeter 35 km, Nearest railway: Axminster 5 km|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Dining seats for 2, Lounge seats for 3|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Access||Secure parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
The Retreat (at Hedgehog Corner) is set in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty here on the Devon Dorset border in the middle of the Jurassic World Heritage Coast which stretches for 95 miles recording 180 million years in time.The Retreat is just a 5 minute drive to River Cottage HQ famous cookery school & Lyme Regis an historic seaside town famous for its fossils with a sandy beach as well. Excellent walking inland and along the Coastal Path. To the west are the seaside towns of Seaton, Beer, Branscombe, Exmouth & Sidmouth and travelling to the east along the South Dorset coast we have the nearby Chesil Beach, Abbotsbury, Portland with itsOlympic Marina and Weymouth.
On our doorstep is the sea side town of Lyme Regis is famous for fossil hunting. Experts take out fossil hunting walks from Lyme Regis and nearby Charmouth. Pretty beach huts on the historic Monmouth Beach at Lyme and an area of sandy beach by the historic Cobb. You can while away the hours in the old town of Lyme with its Mill and enchanting back streets full of fascinating shops including the Micro Brewery a to the art Galleries. Lyme Regis is the perfect place for a family holiday. The area is a foodies paradise with Mark Hix's Fish House also in Lyme Regis and just 3 minutes drive away and TV chef Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's River Cottage for meals and events is just 3 minutes drive from Goodlands. At nearby Burton Bradstock a glorious beach with well known The Hive Beach Cafe.Lots to see and do for children several nearby seaside towns, the Dinosaur Museum, Beer Caves, Pecorama, Cricket St. Thomas Wildlife Park, Sidmouth Donkey Sanctury and Seaton Tram are just an example of the nearby local attractions. Plenty of holiday information at the property. Joy, your Host contactable at Reception is a true local and font of information.A congenial climate all year round and a great place for visiting with plenty to see and do all year around.