The residence "Il Torrino" is a panoramic apartment obtained from the restauration of an ancient tower belonging to the boundaries of the medieval suburb Monticchiello.
The structure, in proximity of the principal access to the village, has been completely restructured from the owner with taste and scrupulous care of the details.
At guests' disposal a double room and a living-room with couch-bed and TV; panoramic view on Pienza and the Val d'Orcia.
The prices for the weekly stay change according to the season and are comprehensive of heating, final cleaning, household linen. For briefer stays contact the owner.
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Nearest beach||Castiglione della Pescaia 100 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Fiumicino - Rome 300 km, Nearest railway: Chiusi - Chianciano Terme 30 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (1), Dining seats for 1|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Access||Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
The Val d'Orcia, or Valdorcia, is a region of Tuscany, central Italy, which extends from the hills south of Siena to Monte Amiata. It is characterised by gentle, carefully cultivated hills occasionally broken by gullies and by picturesque towns and villages such as Pienza (rebuilt as an “ideal town” in the 15th century under the patronage of Pope Pius II), Radicofani (home to the notorious brigand-hero Ghino di Tacco) and Montalcino (the Brunello di Montalcino is counted among the most prestigious of Italian wines). It is a landscape which has become familiar through its depiction in works of art from the Renaissance painting to the modern photograph.
In 2004 the Val d'Orcia was added to the UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites
Monticchiello os a pretty medieval village in the heart of the Val d'Orcia, which origins lose themselves in the time.The first official document dates back to the 973, when the marquis Lamberto Aldobrandesco surrendered the castle to the Badia Amiatina for a conspicuous sum of money. In the following years Monticchiello will belong to the Roman church and particularly to the Teutonici riders (until 1230), that being an order accustomed to fight, resulted proper to administer a territory of frontier. The first document relating the free Commune of Monticchiello brings the date of the 1243. From this moment, for beyond three centuries, the castle remained faithful to Siena until his capitulation in 1559 with the Frank-Spanish war, becoming, like the whole state of Siena, part of the Granducato of Tuscany. After five centuries the Commune of Monticchiello came under the jurisdiction of the Commune of Pienza in 1777.