Quinta das Oliveras, Health Retreat, Holiday Rentals… Naturally!
Quinta Das Oliveiras is a beautiful property perched on a hillside, enjoying panoramic land and seascapes. Spacious, charming and with a beautiful rustic feel and design, this is the perfect retreat for a large groups or several families wishing to take their vacation together.
The accommodation is roomy and airy with 7 bedrooms, large kitchen, dining area and lounge, and to the outside shaded terraces lead to the pool with sunbeds and a large lawned area. The house sits in a total of 4 acres of land, all securely gated and fenced with a large driveway and parking area for a number of cars. For children's entertainment: TV with Portuguese and English channels, DVD, Free unlimited WIFI, Table Tennis, Trampoline + other assorted games.
The entrance to the house has security gates, controlled from the house, and the wide gravel drive has ample parking for a large number of cars with ease. Terraces surround the house perimeter offering shady areas, and on the left a pathway leads to the wonderful pool area, There are 10 sun loungers around the pool and some easy chairs. A large grassy area is perfect for sunbathing or children's games and there is also some rustic terrain, great for exploring! Facing the pool at the rear of the house, there is a canopy for shade - along with coffee table and chairs and a large table for Al-fresco dining. There is a traditional brick BBQ away from the main house perfect for lazy days and meal times around the pool. The land with this house is expansive, but your children will be safe and unable to wander off. The pool terraces have views out over the coast; countryside right out towards the ocean.
This property is now offering a detox program to our guests who wish to opt-in and take advantage of a relaxing week to also cleanse their mind and body. This program includes the following list of services and workshops. These are with no obligations and only added to your week if requested. Please ask for further information when booking:
• Hammam / Massage Spa Therapy: Hamman is a Moroccan spa therapy which involves epidermal exfoliation using a massage sponge, soap and warm water. This leaves the pores of the skin open to breath and thoroughly cleansed before applying oils during the follow-up massage.
The therapy also includes a deep hair/head wash/massage. The benefits of this therapy: Improves blood circulation, Stimulates lymphatic drainage, helps eliminate toxins from the body, Relaxes the nervous system, Offers stress relief. An amazing treat!
• Vegetarian/Vegan Menu available on request (Lunch or Dinner): This is cleverly delivered to you as a workshop so that you can also learn the recipes and take them home with you. Choose from the Menu and tell our Chef what you’d like and she will cook in front of you, using ONLY organic products. The full list is available from our Chef and includes dishes like:
- Vegetarian Tandoori Masala with Basmati rice, Yogurt/Mint and Cucumber dip. Naan Bread made with spelt flour,
- Lentil stew with organic potatoes chips sautéed in organic rapeseed oil. Sprinkled with parsley and coriander.
- Chick peas burgers/falafel in spelt flour wrap served with organic tomato, coriander, garlic sauce… and many more…
• A morning shot of Organic ‘Mother’ Apple Cider Vinegar to restore your body’s natural PH Balance and neutralize your system
• Organic cream making workshop: Choose your own Essential Oils and develop your own personalized Moisturiser that suits your skin type. Loads of fun! Included is a stylish UV proof labelled glass Jar of Moisturiser for you to keep.
• Organic soap making workshop: Many skin conditions are caused from chemicals in cleansing products. All our products are made with natural Organic ingredients. This is a fun workshop with a little science involved ;) and you get to keep a bar of your own blend of soap. A very nice workshop.
• Organic bread making workshop: A total ‘must’ workshop! Because bread is such a staple product. You’ll be amazed at how simple and easy it is to make your own home-made bread. We only use Organic Spelt Flour in all our cooking. It is an ancient non GMO Organic grain that does not appear to have the side –effects caused by modern day wheat grain. You get to keep a loaf of bread you made for your stay here at ‘Quinta Das Oliveiras’.
• Make your own Dream Catchers! Like those we have in the Massage Tent! This is a really nice workshop and another chance for the whole family to get together and get creative! The children love this one Choose your own colours and decorations and take home with you a beautiful dream-catcher. The story of dream-catchers is something the children love to hear about too!
|Size||Sleeps up to 18, 7 bedrooms|
|Rooms||7 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms, 2 En suites and 1 Shower rooms, Solarium or roof terrace|
|Nearest beach||Barril Beach 5 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings|
|Nearest Amenities||1 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Faro 40 km, Nearest railway: Tavira 6 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, Yes, smoking allowed|
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property, Sea view|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Table tennis, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, Double beds (4), Single beds (9), Cots (1), Dining seats for 18, Lounge seats for 18|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ, Bicycles available, Trampoline|
|Access||Secure parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
With its stunning coastline, excellent golf courses and pleasant year round climate, the Algarve's 200 kilometre stretch of southern shoreline has become one of Europe's most popular holiday destinations. Bordered on two sides by the Atlantic Ocean, the Algarve is divided from the rest of Portugal by a series of low lying mountains. In the east, the Guadiana River forms a scenic border with neighbouring Spain.
There is a clear definition between the Western Algarve and the East. Whilst the West shows more development towards tourism, the Eastern Algarve and its tidal marshlands still have a tranquil beauty, and the small resorts along the coast have retained much of their character, looking today as they must have looked long ago. Here, tourism blends in perfectly with local activities creating a relaxed way of life. There is a tinge of excitement and even romance about the ferry boat trips to the beach islands, where visitors are rewarded with superb, less crowded bathing beaches and warm waters.
The sea water temperature is around 14c in January and reaches a high 22c in August. A pleasant sea breeze refreshes the temperatures of the region, which are around 15c in January and up to 28c or more in July and August.
The Algarve can also count on around 3.000 hours of Sun during the year which makes it a favourite destination for those who fancy such a sunny climate. The autumn and winter months are mild, but you will need a jacket in the evening and some kind of heating in your apartment or hotel room. January is the coolest month of the year.
Santo Estevao - The Farmhouse is situated in Sitio da Igreija, around 20 minutes walk to the village of Santo Estevao and around 6kms from Tavira. Santo Estevao village has a small range of facilities including cafes, traditional restaurant, 2 mini markets, pharmacy and a post office with free internet sessions. Car hire is recommended with this villa.
TAVIRA - Nearby Tavira, once known as the capital of the Algarve stands proud amongst Portuguese history books and you will not fail to be enthralled by it's unspoilt charm, character and tranquility. As you wander along the cobbled streets, you'll see an abundance of history. A Roman bridge links the 2 parts of the town across the River Gilao, its sides decorated with traditional old bars and restaurants, there are many churches (37 in total!) to view, along with the town castle, several monuments and the typical fisherman's harbour leading to the River Formosa Natural Park. There is a wonderful daily market selling fresh home grown produce and a wide selection of fish. During the high season, horse drawn carriages and a small train operate around the town and are perfect for seeing all the sights and experiencing the peaceful ambience.
BEACHES - The Algarve is famous for its wonderful sandy beaches and the Island of Tavira is no exception. As a natural island separated from the mainland by the River Formosa, it is reached by catching a ferry from a designated point in the harbor. A excellent range of facilities is offered including beach bars, fish restaurants, Portuguese cuisine, pizza restaurant to name but a few. Also for hire are sunbeds and shades and together, these ingredients give a wonderful tropical holiday atmosphere amongst white sandy beaches and the rolling Atlantic Ocean akin to the Caribbean! There are a number of other beautiful beaches that we can also recommend such as Barill, Manta Rota and Praia Verde
OTHER THINGS TO DO: For nature lovers, forest walks, cruises along the River Guadiana or nature trails along the Ria Formosa Reserve where bird watching is in abundance. Travelling West there are some excellent shopping centres in Faro and Ghia as well as the famous Water Parks and Zoo Marine all easily reached by car or by day trip coach. The Spanish border town of Ayamonte is approx 25 km by car, where the delights of another country can be sampled along with wine, Tapas and shopping. Ayamonte can also be reached by ferry from Vila Real. Seville is about 170 km away and budding historians may enjoy Castro Marim castle.
Golf: This is perfect accommodation for golfers wishing to sample the excellent courses situated in the Eastern Algarve. Within a 20 km radius there are 7 courses to choose from. Benamor and the 2 Quintas (Ria and Cima) are the most popular and can be reached within several minutes. The prestigious new course of Monte Rei designed by Jack Nicklaus now has its first 18 holes open and is continuing in its development to the second phase offering the height of golfing luxury - although a costly experience, this is a real treat for golfing fanatics wishing to experience a little high life! Travelling only 10kms further on towards Spain, the challenging course of Castro Marim, along with its famous country club comes highly recommended and just across on the border are the Costa Esuri and Quinta do Vale courses now growing in popularity. We can arrange golf at discounted rates.