Villa Chimneys is named after its many fireplaces making it the grandest on the Estate. The villa consists of a main building and of a small cottage within the garden. The main building or main house can accommodate 10 people inside 5 spacious bedrooms with en- suite bathrooms. The cottage, which can be rented separately for short stays and weekends, consists of a room with double bed and a bathroom, small lounge and kitchenette, making it ideal for couples wanting a romantic getaway.
Surely the most spectacular element of the villa is its lush garden with more than 3000 plants that bloom at different times of the year giving a wonderful display of colours that are ever changing and alternating with the seasons of the year.
The villa has an incredible view over the Umbrian hills and the hilltop Golf Course of Antognolla, that can be admired mainly from the wonderful chaise lounges surrounding the pool, which itself is finished in luscious mosaic and surrounded by a delightful pergola of flowers in the garden.
The villa can accommodate up to 12 guests, 2 of which can stay in the elegant cottage-suites that lie in the garden of the villa.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
|Size||Sleeps up to 12, 6 bedrooms|
|Rooms||6 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 6 En suites|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Perugia International Airport 20 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double beds (4), Single beds (4)|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), BBQ|
|Access||Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
Villa Chimneys can accommodate up to 12 people in 6 bedrooms, all with en- suite bathrooms, 4 bedrooms have king size beds and 2 have twin beds.
- Double bedroom with open bathroom and two showers.?
- Large living room with an elegant fireplace and TV and French doors leading onto the garden and the olive-groves of the villa. Seated on the sofa that lies inside the villa, one can also admire the imposing Mount Tezio scenery.?
- Dining room with an adjoining spacious kitchen and breakfast table.
- The kitchen room overlooks a small private garden which is immersed in flowers in full bloom, and also having a lovely table setup for breakfast.
- 2 double bedrooms having en-suite bathroom having shower and bath- tub.?
- Double room with en-suite bathroom and shower.
-? Double room with en-suite bathroom and bath-tub.
- Double bedroom with en suite bathroom with shower inside the cottage. The cottage also offers a small kitchen, dining area and living room. There is a TV, DVD player, Internet access and air conditioning.
- Washing machine
- lcd TV
- Sky television with sports channels
- DVD player
- CD player
- iPod speakers
- Wireless internet broadband
- Hair dryers in every bathroom
- Baby cot
- Child?s high chair.
|Further details outdoors|
There is a private and fenced landscaped garden with private pool and barbecue area. Guests can dine in the lovely pergola with outdoor dining table seating 12 or relax on the sun beds, sun chairs, and sets of sofas.
With over 30 per cent of the region?s total area made up of woodland, Umbria is known as ?the Green Heart of Italy?. Villa Chimneys has the unique advantage of being situated in the very centre of this area steeped with history and tradition.
Umbria is one of Italy?s most beautiful and enchanting regions. This tranquil land of saints and ancient mystics, with its romantic countryside and its historically rich medieval hill-towns, inspires a special reverence in the hearts of Italians as well as the foreigners visiting it. More than anywhere else, the region seems to represent the country?s spirituality.
With less than a million inhabitants, Umbria?s population density is half that of the national average, affording ample area for individuality! The simple pleasures of country living, surrounded by unspoilt natural beauty, can be enhanced by the knowledge that the location of the estate also offers art and architecture plus wonderful food and wine in nearby towns and cities throughout the two adjoining regions of Lazio and Tuscany.
Florence and Rome are within two hours? drive and Siena, Arezzo, Assisi, Todi and Orvieto are all closely linked. The capital city of Perugia is just 20 minutes away and offers a wealth of cultural activities that include opera and the famous Umbria Jazz festival, held every July. Other spectacular hilltop towns include Cortona and Preggio with its annual classical music festival and the annual Montone Film Festival which attracts an international audience.
During the summer months open-air concerts and operas are often staged in the gardens of famous villas and palazzos that abound throughout the region.
Many tours and excursions can be organized for our guests during their stay by the Estate?s Management.
Guests have access to an18 Hole championship golf course, designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., a golf clubhouse and restaurant facilities within the same estate, are only 3 minutes distance from the Villa. These are also accessible by golf-cart through a private pathway that runs across the nature reserve. All guests staying have discounts on the golf green fees and at the clubhouse restaurant.
To arrive at the origins of this country estate, which has always risen majestically in the midst of the Umbrian region throughout the ravages of time, one must date back to more than a millennium.
Inhabited by man since prehistoric times the estate has been witness to many historical events, which helped shape the Italy we know today. Murlo is situated at the very top of a beautiful hill in the midst of Monte Elceto di Murlo and Monte Tezio - an easily defendable and dominant position. - when originally built.
- San Giovanni del Pantano (small grocery store): 1 Km (2 minutes)
- Pierantonio (small village with shops, bank, etc..): 6 Km (5 minutes)
- Perugia: 15 Km (20 minutes)
- Perugia International Airport: 20 Km (25 minutes)
- Rome Fiumicino International Airport: 205 Km (2 hours)
- Rome Ciampino International Airport: 200 Km (1 hour, 55 minutes)
- Florence international Airport: 150 Km (1 hours, 40 minutes)
- Assisi: 35 Km (40 minutes)
- Gubbio: 30 Km (35 minutes)
- Orvieto: 95 Km (55 minutes)
- Lake Trasimeno: 20 Km (25 minutes)
- Siena: 90 Km (50 minutes)
- Spoleto: 75 Km (40 minutes)