Explore the hill towns, wineries and sights of Southern Italy from this central base in the Avellino Province. Enjoy the peace, tranquility and beautiful countryside views from the ancient labyrinth of pedestrian-only streets outside your door and still have the option to also explore some of Southern Italy's most famous sights.
Easy walk to everything - A grocery store, coffee bar/Internet cafe and pizzeria are right down the street; five minute walk to restaurants. Ten minute walk to a larger selection of restaurants, bars, banks, grocery stores, the post office, bus stop, swimming pool, internet cafe, tourist information office, etc.
The Campania Hill Towns are know for exceptional cuisine, world-renowned Aglianico, Taurasi and Fiano di Avellino wine, hand-made ceramics, charming villages, imposing Norman castles, beautiful countryside, and close proximity to the famous Amalfi Coast.
The neighboring regions of Basilicata and Puglia are well within reach, as well the the many of Southern Italy's most popular sights:
-The Amalfi Coast (1 hour 30 minutes)
-Pompeii, Herculaneum and Mt. Vesuvius (1 hour 40 minutes)
-Naples (1 hour 45 minutes)
-The beaches of Puglia (1 hour 15 minutes)
-Greek Temples at Paestum (1 hour 40 minutes)
-Royal Palace at Caserta (2 hours)
-Sorrento (2 hours 15 minutes)
-Sassi Caves at Matera (2 hours 30 minutes)
Discover a taste of the "real" Italy; this region will let you experience Southern Italian hospitality and warmth at it's very best - the locals are friendly, welcoming, and helpful - you will soon really feel like a part of this Italian community.
Casa del Cipresso features an open kitchen/living/dining room, bedroom with en suite bathroom, and lofted bedroom above the living area.
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 1 bedrooms|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 en suite|
|Check in time:||15:00|
|Check out time:||10:00|
|Nearest beach||Amalfi Coast 100 km|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Naples 120 km, Nearest railway: Calitri 2 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|Standard||Kettle, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Single Beds (2), Cots available (1), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|Access||Not suitable for wheelchair users|
Some ideas of things to see and do locally:
- Tour Calitri Castle and local ceramics museum (only a five minute walk from your holiday home)
- Visit the charming town of Melfi, with it's impressive Castle and extensive museum.
- Spend a sunny afternoon at the beautiful Monticchio Lakes and Abby (Rent a paddle boat!)
- Wander around Nusco - a nearby, picturesque Hill Town with a fabulous Sunday market.
- Venosa, with it's story-book castle and birthplace of the ancient poet, Horace and Composer Gesualdo
- Aquilona's Roman ruins and museum
- Lagopesole - one of Frederick II's great Norman Castles
- Tour the local vineyards (and maybe do some wine tasting)
- Shop for hand-made ceramics
- Do nothing but lounge by the local town/hotel pool in the sun all day
- EAT! Eating out is a wonderfully tasty and affordable experience in Calitri!