Welcome in our holiday home in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence.
We hope you will spend a good time, rest or as a basis for discover the Provence and the Camargue.
Conveniently located in the famous town of Saint-Remy close to the Alpilles and to the Gallo-Roman city of Glanum, our house is 5 minutes walk from downtown.
In a very quiet area, away from traffic, we feel in the countryside, yet close to city center. Since the house can be reached by a trail of St. Paul Mausoleum, the hospital where Van Gogh lived.
The house of 80 m2 is amid a lush garden of 400m2, without vis-à-vis. We can sunbathe in peace, or napping under the trees (almond, olive...).
The decoration of the house is new and tasteful.
For 4 persons (2 rooms), the house can accommodate up to 6 people (sofa bed in the lounge).
Private car parking (very important in Saint Rémy).
Saint-Remy is a very good choice, because it's a real town, with real people living here, and with a special atmosphere and kindness. And many things to visit and to do around. Saint Remy was elected one of the 10 best places to live in Europe by Forbes Magazine.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 shower room|
|Nearest beach||Carry le Rouet / Saintes Maries de le Mer 65 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Marignane 63 km, Nearest railway: Avignon TGV 22 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Microwave, Fridge, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double Beds (2), Sofa Beds (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Secure parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details outdoors|
Closed Garden, kids can play safely.Private car parking for 2 cars : a must in downtown Saint Remy !No smoking houseNo pets allowed
Saint Remy was elected one of the 10 best places to live in Europe by Forbes Magazine ( http://www.forbes.com/2008/11/18/europe-homes-dollar-forbeslife-cx_po_1118realestate.html).
To do in Saint Rémy :
- Visit Van Gogh hospital and Glanum (roman antics), short walking distance from the house
- If you enjoy to walk, you can also do a ride in the Alpilles, small mountain chain close at south of Saint Rémy. We use to go to picnic there. Many places.
Close to the house there is a sign to the lake, good place to picnic too. 10 minutes car away from the house.
- You will have a drink at night in terrace au Café des Artistes, or take a coffee in the morning, reading your favorite newspaper (international press close to the café des Artistes) Or in other coffees, there is many arround the "ring" of Saint Rémy.
- If you have some money, you can go at the restaurant of the Hotel des Images (close to the café des Artistes too), good food, nice environment and quiet place
- THE thing to do is to go very early in the morning (7AM) before the tourists will be there to the Chateaux and the medieval city of Les Beaux de Provence (15km). You can fill the spirit of the place. An alternative is to go to some restaurant in the evening with terrace with view. I do not recommend you to go in the day, because there is too much people (especialy in peak season).
And something you will not miss is a typical Cow Competition (with a swimming pool) in the Arena. It's not (only) for tourists. Very typical, because young people from Saint Remy and around goes there to win some money. Impressive and fun (especially if you have kids, but also for adults). The Arenas are 200 m from the house.
There is also Portugues Corrida (the bull is not kill), but it's not recommended for animals friendly, because the bulls are injured, and it's not very fair.
About our house
Our house is located close to the center, but in a very quiet place, away from trafic. There is a footpath (and bikes) to go directly to Glanum and Van Gogh "hospital", and Alpilles. On the other side, an another footpath to go to downtown (400m).
The house is fully equiped to have a stay in good condition (wifi, air conditioning...). You can ask to Sandrine, our maid, if you need cleaning services sometimes, or driver service. There is a supermarket 400 m away, open 7/7, with home delivery services (perfect for water, wines...).
There is a private car parking for 2 cars, and there is no traffic in our place (private area).
Please take in consideration that the house is NOT a new house, so it's typical, not "square", but lovely, most people love it but some does not. We use it to spend our holidays here sometimes.
For us, the most important is to sleep well (and the place is very quiet), to eat well (and we have an outdoor BBQ), and to enjoy the garden to eat outside from the breakfast to the dinner (and we have a large outdoor table to do this).