The "Mas des Amis d'Epicure" is a peaceful, typical provencal house situated in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue. The 1 hectare garden surrounding the house will please your senes through its variety of trees and flowers. For leisure, you can choose between playing tennis, ping-pong, pétanque or even ride a bike to the village. A beautiful swimming pool welcome those who prefer to relax on a deck-chair. It is perfectly well situated to visit the region, the nice city of Avignon sits 15 miles away. The well-known Gordes, Roussillon and Fontaine de Vaucluse are all in the proximity of the house.
L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue is a lively village with a lot of good restaurants. Antique lovers and art collectors will be gratified by the nearly 300 permanent antique dealers and second hand shops. Local markets will give you the opportunity to buy fresh and tasty vegetables and other local specialities. The area is also a golfer paradise (Golf de Provence 10 minutes, Grand Avignon 30 min, Châteaublanc 25 min, Pont Royal 45 min).
|Size||Sleeps up to 14, 6 bedrooms|
|Rooms||6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 3 En suites and 1 Shower rooms|
|Check in time:||16:00|
|Check out time:||10:00|
|Nearest beach||Marseille 90 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, House swap, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest Amenities||1.3 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Marseille 72 km, Nearest railway: Avignon 29 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, Yes, smoking allowed|
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Telephone, Table tennis, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double Beds (5), Sofa Beds (1), Single Beds (2), Cots available (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 12|
|Other||High chair available|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Private tennis court, BBQ, Bicycles available|
|Access||Secure parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
4 Bedrooms are in the main house, the 2 other are in the dependance (same house but separate entrance)
The kitchen is fully furnished with an American fridge with icemaker, coffee machine Nepresso (what else!).
The house has a WIFI free access.
|Further details outdoors|
Large garden, barbecue, Tennis Court, Swimming Pool, Table Tennis, badminton, small football goals, large pond with fishes and frogs, bicycles.
Swimming pool only available during the warm season.
Bed linen and bathroom towels are provided.
10 reasons to spend your holiday in Vaucluse:
1. Vaucluse, heart of Provence
2. An exceptionally large amount of sunshine all year
3. Monuments such as the Palace of the Popes and the Roman Theatre in Orange, listed as World Heritage Sites by UNESCO
4. Conservation areas, such as Mont Ventoux, ranked as a biosphere reserve by UNESCO and the Luberon Regional Nature Park
5. Renowned vineyards such as those of Châteauneuf du Pape, Gigondas, Vacqueyras and Beaumes de Venise...
6. A wholesome gastronomy, rich in flavours: olive oil, truffles and fruit and vegetables that spread their colours over the picturesque markets
7. Perched villages – seven of them are ranked among the “Most beautiful villages in France”
8. Vaucluse, land of lavender and aromatic plants
9. A rich history and fascinating culture from the Romans to the Avignon Popes, from the oldest synagogue in France to the Knights Templar, from dry-stone architecture to the antique dealers in Isle sur la Sorgue
10. Famous festivals such as the Festival d'Avignon (theatre), the Chorégies d'Orange (opera)...
And that is by no means all... but it’s a nice, round number so I mustn’t get carried away!
L'Isle sur la Sorgue is one of those places in Provence that one has to see. This "island city" lies at the foot of the Vaucluse plateau. Its colors are nature's green and the bright reflection of the water shining from the several canals running through its center. There are little bridges to cross and great wheels to look at with mossy blades turning in the river.
L'Isle sur la Sorgue hosts antiques' fairs at Easter and over the August 15th holiday that have given a worldwide reputation to this small city. More than 300 antique dealers and second hand dealers gather here to show their treasures to customers from all over the world.
You can canoe down the river Sorgue, stroll in the local markets, visit the former ochre quarries of Roussillon etc..