B&B / 3 bedrooms / sleeps 7
- Beach / lakeside relaxation
- Nearest beach 13 km
- Child friendly
- Car advised
- Air conditioning
- Ask about pets
Bed and breakfast is large 100 sq.m. on the 1st floor, consists of 3 large double rooms each with private bathroom, air conditioned, 32" Led TV, breakfast room and 50 sq.m. terrace.
Breakfast room and terrace are ideal for a hearty breakfast composed by fresh fruits, milk, coffee, homemade jam and cakes, biscuits, yogurt and cornflakes, muesli..
||Sleeps up to 7, 3 bedrooms
||3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 3 en suites
|Check in time:
|Check out time:
||Ionian cost: Pescoluse, Le Maldive 13 km
|Nearest travel links
||Nearest airport: Brindisi-Casale o Salento Airport 100 km, Nearest railway: Lecce 55 km
||Great for children of all ages
||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property
Features and Facilities
||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, Wi-Fi available
||Double Beds (3), Dining seats for 7, Lounge seats for 7
||Linen provided, Towels provided
||Balcony or terrace, Bicycles available
||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users
A deep-rooted tradition attributes the foundation of the city of Alessano to Alexius I Comnenus, Byzantine emperor, but there are no documents on the origins of the city. They were certainly the Normans Alessano to assign a prominent role throughout the Cape of Leuca, which will continue for a long time. It is in this time that, probably, the city became a bishopric, it will remain until 1818. In the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries Alessano lived his season peak. Under the rule of important noble families (the Della Ratta, Del Balzo, De Capua, and finally the Gonzaga), the city became an important commercial center, attracting even families of wealthy Venetian merchants and a small Jewish community (which had a synagogue via della Giudecca), and the urban fabric was enriched of valuable buildings in Renaissance style that can still be admired. Around the ducal court flourished a significant literary movement. Subsequently the center declined, until gradually lose prominence.
Montesardo with his position carratteristica natural fortress, has origins are lost in the mists of time. Have recently been discovered traces important era structures messapica (remains of the walls of the fourth century BC, tombs, foundations of buildings) showing that already at that time this was a settlement of considerable size. The documents of the Roman period "Mons arduus", which means "steep hill", is marked on the Via Traiana. In the Middle Ages it was the seat of important schools of mathematics and music.
After the fall of the empire was always used as a fortress, with its massive ramparts and a solid circle of walls, punctuated by towers, which opened in four ports: port the Earth, Nova door leads Castle and The Closed door. The walls and towers were demolished in 1867.