Enchanting 18th century stone cottage close to the historic city of Bath. Perfectly situated in a conservation area, with views over the valley and the church. Quiet, cosy and self-contained with walled garden and private off-street parking. Pub 2 minutes walk. Wi-fi.
In a village located very close to the Georgian City of Bath, which is 7 miles east. Bath is designated by UNESCO as a world heritage site, and the only complete city in the UK afforded World Heritage Status. Bath is famous for the Roman Baths and the spa. Stonehenge, Lacock (where BBC's Cranford series was filmed), Corsham, Castle Combe and many historical villages in the Wiltshire countryside are accessible by car. National Trust properties Dyrham Park and house, Prior Park overlooking Bath and Lacock Abbey are a short drive and beautiful Stourhead and Tyntesfield are an hours drive.
We have been awarded 4 stars by Enjoy England, VisitBritain and VisitBath. This is the mark of England's official, nationwide quality assessment scheme and is an independent, reliable, impartial assessment of accommodation available for a short break or a longer stay and inspected annually.
Colerne is a picturesque historical country village on the edge of the Cotswolds and Bath with architecture dating from the 16th century. The house is perched beside the Bybrook Valley an area of conservation due to its outstanding natural beauty. It has two pubs, a local shop, post office and a newsagent all in a short walking distance. Just outside Colerne are the Three Shire Stones famously marking the point where Somerset, Wiltshire and Gloucestershire meet.
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 3 bedrooms|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Nearest Amenities||300 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bristol 30 km, Nearest railway: Bath 9 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Log fire, Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Telephone, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double Beds (2), Single Beds (1), Cots available (1), Dining seats for 5, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair available|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
Close to Bath and perfectly situated overlooking the beautiful countryside of the Bybrook Valley and adjacent to St. John the Baptist Church. Church Cottage is perfect for a holiday in the countryside close to the famously historic city of Bath.
A quiet, cosy self-contained, self-catering holiday home with accommodation that includes two double bedrooms and one single bedroom over three storeys. Modern luxury conveniences include full central heating, Freeview digital TV, CD, DVD and wi-fi internet access. There is an additional ground floor cloakroom with toilet. Please note Colerne Airport shown on this map has not been used by commercial or military traffic since World War 2 and since has been used by Bristol University Air Squadron and Air Experience Flight for occasional flying of two seater pleasure aircraft. These are the only aircraft that fly here.
|Further details outdoors|
Private off-street parking 50 metres away. Space in the lane for dropping off and unloading.
Beautiful south facing garden with an abundance of new blooms appearing from the early spring tulips and bluebells through to the giant Michaelmas Daisies in August and the passion flower in the Autumn. There is a large stone paved patio with wooden table, bench and chairs. The garden is surrounded by Cotswold stone walls with breathtaking views across the valley. There are two mature wisterias that bloom in May/June.
Situated very close to the historical Georgian City of Bath, which is 7 miles east. Bath is designated by UNESCO as a world heritage site, and the only complete city in the UK afforded World Heritage Status.
• The Roman Baths
• Pulteney Bridge and weir – 18th century bridge – one of only four in the worlds with shops
• The Royal Crescent and Number One The Crescent Museum
• The Circus – 18th century circular architecture
• Bath Costume Museum
• Bath Spa
• The Assembly Rooms
• Bath skyline walk
• National Trust - Prior Park
• National Trust - Dyrham Park
PICTURESQUE VILLAGES NEARBY
• Marshfield possesses a wealth of historic buildings, many of which are listed. The High Street consists of 17th and 18th century houses, all of which contribute to the historic character of Marshfield.
• Castle Combe considered to be one of the loveliest villages in the Cotswolds. Built around the 14th-century Market Cross with the old water pump beside it. Frequently finds favour as a backdrop for period television and cinema dramas.
• Lacock almost completely owned by the National Trust much of which is unchanged since medieval times, with streets full of buildings dating back to the 13th Century. Frequently used for period filming and recently used by the BBC for the filming of ‘Cranford’. A good choice of recommended pubs and tearooms.
• Biddestone the classical village centre of Cotswold stone houses surrounds a green, duck pond and White Horse Inn. All around the village are local footpaths for those who like a short or a longer walk.
• Corsham Includes tourist information office. Corsham Court is an independently owned stately home with extensive grounds. Corsham town centre has a long history and many historic buildings.
• Bradford on Avon has delightful shops and restaurants lining the narrow streets of the town centre. The surrounding hillside is covered with Cotswold stone houses and cottages of every shape and size.
WITHIN AN HOURS DRIVE
• Bristol - SS Great Britain, and historic harbour side.
• National Trust Stourhead - House and Gardens
• National Trust Tyntesfield
• Clifton Suspension Bridge
• Longleat – House and Safari Park
• Bristol Zoo and gardens
• Noahs Ark Zoo farm
• Avon Valley Country Park
• Explore @ Bristol
ANNUAL LOCAL EVENTS
• Badminton Horse Trials
• Bath Music Festival - May/Jun
• Bath Comedy Festivals -spring
• Bristol Harbourside Festival –July/Aug
• Bristol Balloon Festival – August
• Bath Christmas market – Nov/Dec