The historic luxurious Chateau Guygaudie is situated in three acres of land, walled and gated. Its a perfect 5 star venue, price includes chef and maid. 5 Mins from a market town, 15 mins from a beach. No hidden extras!The Château has a dreamy quality that resonates throughout the whole house. On entering the large oak doors you will find yourselves in a magical setting that has a certain 'Famous Five' feel to it. In addition there is an abundance of swings, tyres on trees, dens and even an animal cottage housing a variety of furry pets, such as rabbits and guinea pigs - perfect for the children. Feeding the animals is a ritual enjoyed by the children and adults alike.PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.The abundance of extra services at the chateau is designed to add that special something to your holiday. The chef organises a fresh delivery of breakfast croissants, bread and chocolatines daily and prepares luncheons and early tea for the children based upon the guests shopping instructions, repayable against receipts. This service ensures that you are managing a sensible budget during your stay without lifting a finger!PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
|Size||Sleeps up to 14, 6 bedrooms|
|Rooms||6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 3 en suites|
|Nearest Amenities||5 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bergerac 60 km, Nearest railway: Bergerac 60 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Private outdoor pool (heated), Internet access|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (heated)|
|General||TV, Games room|
|Utilities||Cooker, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double Beds (3), Single Beds (6), Cots available (2), Dining seats for 10|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (heated), Private garden, Bicycles available|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
Upstairs there are six bedrooms that lead off the main corridor that runs through the length of the chateau. The three double rooms are all en-suite whilst the three twin bedrooms share a large family bathroom and loo. Each room has a unique colour theme and all are furnished with big pieces of antique French furniture.
|Further details outdoors|
One of the joys of the Chateau is the huge amount of outdoor space available for eating and dining. One of the main areas for breakfast is on the terrace outside the kitchen where long leisurely mornings can be spent. The terrace at the front of house also seems to be the favourite spot for the children’s tea but is also used by the adults who enjoy high tea or a coffee break there.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
There are numerous children’s activities in and around the surrounding areas that are not age restricted. The canoeing is 5 minutes away but restricts the age of participants to a minimum of 3, this is the case with all canoeing in the Dordogne.
Within a 5 to 20 minute drive:
- The town of Riberac has a very well organized water activity centre for days out on the river. 5 minutes away from the house.
- There is an equestrian centre close by and hacks are organized on a daily basis.
- There are bicycles at the house but in the case of larger numbers or bicycles with children’s trailers and the like there is a local hire shop with a large selection and at a reasonable price.
- The town of Riberac has six municipal tennis courts that are maintained to immaculate standards.
- Lake Jamaye is less than 15 minutes away from the house and has a beautifully maintained sandy beach with free boating activities, a floating raft, two play areas with swings and climbing apparatus, sand pits and slides. Tthere are quite nice restaurants/bistros at the site if you haven’t arranged a picnic. There is also a volley-ball area and beautiful walks around the lake.
- The beautiful town of Aubterre is very close and makes for a splendid excursion. There is a leisure complex at the river’s edge and a controlled swimming area with diving boards, boating activities, restaurants and even a monolithic cathedral carved secretly into the mountainside in the centre of the town. You could always visit the glass blowing factory afterwards. The town is lovely and boasts superb restaurants and snack bars making it a perfect venue for a day out.
- The town of Brantome, called the Venice of the Dordogne, boasts a wonderful church cut into the mountain side, numerous water activities, glass blowing factory, riverside walks and some of the best restaurants in the Dordogne.Just 10 minutes away there is the wonderful cave at Villars with its historic cave drawings, stalactites and stalagmites.
- Less than 20 minutes away is a lovely water park with slides, go-carts, boating, trampolines, swings, swimming areas and a children’s adventure playground.
- There are numerous world famous prehistoric caves and the Dordogne is at the very centre of these, at less than 40 minutes away.
- For the more adventurous there is a harnessed tree climbing activity site.
- Although markets are, traditionally, the love of adults, the market at Riberac (every Friday) has terrific children’s activities within it. There are usually roaming knights enacting the crusade paths that passed through the Dordogne on their way to Arabia and all sorts of hurdy gurdies, jugglers and balloon artists - a lovely family day out.
- Adults may wish to take in a concert, a myriad of which occur to all tastes throughout the summer, there are baroque evenings, jazz nights and many other things to do - antique street markets, night markets and organized town street parties.
- There are several pizza houses and restaurants which all accept children.
National carriers all fly to Bordeaux which is just over an hour away but there are numerous alternatives which are much closer. Easyjet, Flybe and Ryanair fly into Bergerac which is just 35 minutes from the house.
If you decide not to hire a car for the holiday you can use the free shuttle service that we provide. In such circumstances we are able to pre-arrange a taxi service to meet your party at the airport.