The villa is built of Arctic pine using modern environmentally friendly building techniques. It is immersed in an organic olive grove. It has balconies at the front and back to enjoy the beautiful mountain (full Appennini range) and countryside views. Photovoltaic solar panels on the roof provide electricity and a burning stove keeps the ambient temperature up during the cooler months. The villa is virtually free from magnetic fields.
Besides, you can opt for the fun Italian and hands-on 'Abruzzese' cooking sessions offered on-site. This will greatly enhance your holiday experience helping you interact and become familiar with the language and culinary richness of this region.
Staying at the villa, you will have a relaxing and holiday with plenty of places to explore nearby. The grounds around the house can be explored and the back garden area there are table and chairs to eat alfresco. Hammocks hang in the trees around the house to take a siesta in the nature.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 4 bedrooms|
|Rooms||4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 en suite|
|Check in time:||17:00|
|Check out time:||10:00|
|Nearest beach||Montesilvano/Pescara 30 km|
|Nearest Amenities||3 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Pescara 30 km, Nearest railway: Pescara 30 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Jacuzzi or hot tub, Fireplace|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double Beds (1), Single Beds (4), Dining seats for 4, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, BBQ|
|Access||Parking, Wheelchair users|
|Further details outdoors|
The house is on an organic olive grove that can be explored by guests, including picking fresh fruit from the trees surrounding the villa. The back garden area has hammocks, a table and chairs and an umbrella, to eat alfresco. To experience a typical abruzzese meal, barbecue for 'arrosticini' (local lamb kebabs) is provided.
The log villa is in the hilly countryside of Abruzzo, nearby the towns of Loreto and Penne.
The villa is situated on an organic single-estate olive grove offering beautiful views of the Appennini range.
Enjoy sunset views of the Gran Sasso and Majella. Here's just a tiny sample of the things you can do in Abruzzo
- Walk to Loreto (half an hour at a gentle stroll). You have the old town, the two museums (one dedicated to olive oil making), the weekly market and seasonal events.
- Visit other surrounding historical towns such as Penne (10 min drive).
- Go to the sandy Adriatic beaches, only 30 min drive away.
- Explore the Parco Nazionale d'Abruzzo (nature reserve), only 30 min drive.
- Visit the lake and the WWF oasis in Penne (10 min drive).
- Go shopping to Pescara, a paradise for shopaholics of all tastes and budgets(!), which is a 30 min drive.
- Visit Scanno (see the women in traditional black costumes) and its lake (1 hour drive).