Welcome to this lovely converted barn in the delightful village of Salignac, easy walking distance from the village amenities yet peaceful and private. The spacious two-bedroom cottage has many original features, and is separated from the adjoining one-bedroom cottage by a soundproof dividing door which can be opened if both cottages are required.
The cottage is self-contained with its own private patio with access to the pool and garden, but again the adjoining fence can be removed to give one big space. It has all modern conveniences, including central heating and satellite TV, but keeps the character with exposed beams and stonework, and rustic furniture. There are lovely views all around - across the medieval village, the garden and pool, and to the chateau and countryside beyond.
This beautiful area of France has something to offer everyone, from prehistoric cave paintings through medieval chateaux to beautiful gardens and pilgrimage spots. Outdoor activities include walking, canoeing, fishing, horse-riding and many more. There are cultural events throughout the year, but especially in the summer, including a drama festival in the medieval town of Sarlat, many local markets, festivals and flea markets.
Dining out is wonderful and varied, from pavement cafes to upmarket restaurants, with local specialities such as duck, foie gras, walnuts and goats cheeses - and of course many local french wines!
|Size||Sleeps up to 4, 2 bedrooms|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 family bathrooms|
|Nearest beach||On Rivers Dordogne or Vezere 15 km|
|Nearest Amenities||200 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Brive Souillac 26 km, Nearest railway: Brive 36 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double Beds (1), Single Beds (2), Cots available (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 4|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details outdoors|
- Wooden table, chairs and sun umbrella on each private patio area- Beautiful Pool with Sun loungers, Chairs and Sun Umbrellas - shared with other occupants of barn, and occasionally by caretaker.- Parking Area inside the property gates.
The property on offer here is the two-bedroom cottage, although the property can be opened through to the one-bedroom cottage to provide 3 bedrooms.
- Countryside: Pretty rolling green hillsand rural fields - my favourite time is when all the red poppies are out! The rivers Dordogne and Vezere offer canoeing and boat trips - great for seeing chateaux, villages and countryside from a different viewpoint.
- Climate: The area is often sunny - with beautiful crisp clear days in winter, and hot scorching days in summer (interspersed with occasional spectacular thunder storms that clear the air!). Of course I can't guarantee no rain....
- History: People have been living in the area for thousands of years, so you can visit cave paintings, medieval chateaux (ruined and inhabited!), pilgrmage sites - something to interest everyone.
- Other: Flea Markets (Vides Greniers) are a great way to visit local villages and see them buzzing with local people - and even pick up a bargain!
- Sarlat is a wonderful medieval town, brimming with little shops and restaurants, and a great market twice a week plus a summer drama festival.
- Salignac has all local amenities within a couple of minutes walk, plus a farmers market once a week, and a village feast on friday evenings!
- Too many other local places to mention....