The Coach House is a unique detached former coaching house to the Old Vicarage. Surrounded by open fields and woodland, with fabulous views to the Marlborough Downs, perfect for long walks perfect for long walks and total relaxation.
Enormous open-plan main reception room (30ft x 16ft) with kitchen area at one end and wood burning stove at the other. Large comfy sofas and chairs to relax in, a table and chairs for dining. A huge glass window replaces the original entrance allowing the sun to flood the room with light and enhance the view of the original cobbled court yard.
Downstairs there is also a study room with single French day bed and seperate loo and sink.
Huge Master bedroom wih 6ft bed, en-suite bathroom and french windows opening onto balcony. LargeTwin bedroom with en-suite shower wet room also with matching balcony. Lie in bed and watch the sunrise and in the evening, the moon appear over the beautiful Wiltshire countryside.
Fabulous walks or cycle rides straight from the property, even to the local pub! Almost daily sightings of wild deer, birds such as pheasant and woodpecker and if up early enough the crafty fox!
Enjoy use of the tennis court or relax on sun loungers by the out door pool within its' own secluded walled garden.
Free range eggs for sale and in spring see the new born lambs frolicking in the field.
Delicious homemade cake and tea on arrival, with a bottle of wine ready chilled in the fridge.
Freshly made beds with 100%cotton linen from The White Company
Well behaved dogs are welcome!
|Size||Sleeps up to 5, 2 bedrooms|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 2 en suites|
|Check in time:||16:00|
|Check out time:||10:00|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bristol 60 km, Nearest railway: Chippenham|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Private outdoor pool (heated), Fireplace, Internet access, DVD player|
|Pool||Private outdoor pool (heated)|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Pool or snooker table, Games room, Safe, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Super King Beds (1), Double Beds (1), Single Beds (1), Dining seats for 5, Lounge seats for 5|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair available|
|Outdoors||Private outdoor pool (heated), Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Shared garden, BBQ|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
- Beds made with beautiful 100% cotton linen from The White Company. Soft cotton towels. A pair of soft cotton towelling robes. Free logs for woodburning stove. Underfloor heating throughout the property. Downstairs study with antique French Day-Bed suitable for one person. Downstairs loo with beautiful round stone basin. Storage room for bikes, boots or to dry off wet dogs. The games room with pool table, table football and exercise bike table are available for use by arrangement with ourselves. Outdoor heated pool and tennis court. (Shared with ourselves).
|Further details outdoors|
Large secluded south facing gravelled terrace and comfortable seating area. Brick steps leading to garden area and onto large open field suitable for ball games. BBQ, Table, chairs and umbrella. Tennis Court available. The swimming pool is set within its' own completely sheltered and secluded walled garden making it secure. It is covered by a solar thermal cover and fully heated, thanks to our new bio-mass heating system. Games room with Pool Table, Table football and Programmable Exercise Bike. The court, pool and games room are shared with ourselves. Fresh herbs and vegetables should be available! Ample parking
Pets are welcome but not allowed upstairs or on the furniture. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like any more information or have any queries regarding the pool or any of the other facilities on offer. 20% DISCOUNT FOR A COUPLE BOOKING TO STAY IN LOW SEASON. This excludes the Easter two week break, UK half-term weeks, July, August, Christmas and New Year.
-The Coach House is set in rural Wiltshire within 5 min drive of Bowood Estate owned by the Earl of Lansdowne with its' Championship Golf course, Spa, children's adventure play ground and 5 star restaurant.
- Devizes is a 10 minute drive away. Here you will find the famous Caen Hill Flight of Canal Locks. The Kennet and Avon Canal runs through Devizes and it is possible to bicycle East to Pewsey and beyond with various pubs along the route or to Bath and beyond going West! Or rent a canal boat and cruise along at a more gentle pace of life. There is the Palace one screen Cinema with various film showings per day. Wadworths brewery famous for Six-X bitter and has free Visitor Centre – see the only Shire Horses still in use for beer delivery in the area.
Devizes even offers a Ghost Walk tour!
- The world famous Georgian City of Bath is approximately 15 miles west (approx 30 min drive). Definitely worth a visit! Here you will find the Roman Baths, wonderful shops nestled in ancient alleyways, Restaurants (including Jamie Oliver!), the Theatre Royal frequently offering West End shows and various cinemas. The thermal Bath Spa is relatively new to Bath and offers relaxing treatments plus being able to relax in the roof top pool overlooking the beautiful city. There really is something here to cater for everyone’s need!
Don't miss a weekend Christmas shopping and trip to the festive Bath Christmas Market 22nd Nov - 9th Dec 2012 situated right outside Bath Abbey and The Roman Baths.
For balloon enthusiasts enjoy an early morning or evening trip rising from the centre of Bath including a glass of Champagne! With a favourable breeze the balloons frequently fly in our direction and sometimes land in the adjacent fields.
The famous Bristol Four Day International Balloon Fiesta is held 9-12th August 2012 and a great day out. Set in the rolling parkland of Ashton Court, Bristol (approx 40 mins by car) where you can see over 100 hot air balloons of every shape and size!
- The world renowned Westonbirt Arboretum is 20 miles by car, and in early spring comes to life with its daffodils followed by the bluebells, wonderful rohodendrons, camellias, azaleas and other flowering trees.
Late September, October and November are some of the best months to visit with its spectacular display of autumn colours.
During the summer months 2012 there are concerts including Razorlights, The Darkness, Will Young and for the more classically inclined Alfie Boe and his special guest Laura Wright.
The end of November and through December, there is an illuminated trail where you can walk through the enchanted wood, see Father Christmas and little ones can help Santa find his reindeer; join local choirs and sing carols, eat roasted chestnuts with mulled wine!
- Longleat Safari & Adventure Park (approx 40mins by car), open year round and endless attracions offering boat trips, hand-feeding the giraffes, the brand new Gorilla Colony, the Jungle Express Train.
In December take the Santa Express train to Father Chrismas, skate on real ice and see the dazzing Christmas tree.
- Visit the neolithic henge monument of Avebury with three its' three stone circles . One of the best known pre-historic sites in Britain and largest stone circle in Europe. Walk around the stones, the village and then visit local pub for a refreshing drink! A short distance away are the even older monuments of West Kennet Long Barow and Silbury Hill.
Lacock is a short drive away, or about an hours walk or 30 min bike ride (depending on energy levels!) A National Trust Village famous for numerous television shoots including Sense and Sensibility, Harry Potter and Larkrise to Candleford. Lacock Abbey wth the Fox Talbot Museum is well worth a visit.
There are several very good pubs including the Red Lion, The George Inn and of course the Sign of the Angel restaurant with its Finest English Cooking.
Other excellent pubs locally to us include The George, Sandy Lane, The Westbrook a walk across the fields, The George and Dragon in Rowde. Only 8 miles to Marco Pierre Whites' The Pear Tree at Whitley!