Our award winning cottages offer excellent value for money. 2007 Self-catering Silver Award for Excellence, 2002 Self-catering of the Year, 1999 Self- Catering of the Year Runner-Up and Green Tourism Silver Award.
a) Cosy Cottage
b) Open fires
c) Enclosed garden with patio. Play area.
d) The possibility of a chef on request and bespoke cakes for those special occasions.
e) Special discounts for two people (based on 2 people sharing one bed - if extra bed required there is a £15.00 charge).
The Cottage is securely tucked away on our family farm but mercifully out of earshot, offering a perfect holiday retreat! You can sit outside on the patio, relax and enjoy the rolling countryside all the way to the Cheviot Hills or rustle up a meal on the outdoor B.B.Q - the choice is yours.
Children can safely view the livestock - cattle, sheep, llamas, hens and horses! Little boys will dream of driving massive tractors and machinery and becoming farmers. But why limit the dream to little boys! Little girls can be equally fascinated. They can all safely cycle near the cottages- wind in their hair, sun on their faces and enjoy the freedom . What more could you ask for?
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 3 bedrooms|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 en suite|
|Nearest Amenities||4 km|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Edinburgh/Newcastle, Nearest railway: Berwick-upon-Tweed 8 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Fireplace, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Video player, CD player, Safe|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Double Beds (2), Single Beds (2), Cots available (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair available|
|Outdoors||Private garden, BBQ, Swing set|
|Access||Parking, Wheelchair users|
|Further details outdoors|
There is a children's play area incorporating, swings, slides and playhouse. We request that children are supervised whilst using this area.
1. Bed linen is supplied in every cottage and consists of a duvet and two pillows per person.
2. Towels are provided for each person booked and consists of one bath and one hand towel per person.
3. Guests are requested to bring their own beach towels.
4. Hairdryers are provided in each cottage. En-suite bedrooms have their own hairdryers.
5. Tea Towels, dishcloths and cleaning agents are provided along with a starter pack of toilet rolls and echo dishwasher tablets.
6. Cot, Highchair and child safety gates are available on request.
7. LCD Televisions are provided along with DVD and Video players, CD radio cassette players. Each house has a supply of books and videos and DVD's for your stay.
8. Open Fires are available all year with an electric alternative for the summer.
9. Garden furniture and barbecues are provided at all cottages.
10. Children play area.
11. Electric/ heating - The fuel is provided for the coal fire and every house has a fuel allocation, for Primrose Cottage this is £25.00 per week booked. We consider this a fair way of pricing - you the customer, are getting the best price possible and not subsiding other weeks.
12. Comprehensive information provided in each house along with Cottage Information file.
13. Chef can be provided with prior booking and subject to availability
14. Sorry no pets and no smoking.
The cottage is ideally situated for enjoying the Northumberland coast, Holy and Farne Islands, Cheviot Hills and the Scottish Borders, with the advantage of being just one hour's drive from both Edinburgh and Newcastle.
Berwick is situated in the Borders of Scotland and England and is famous for its unique Elizabethan walls and the splendid views of the town from 'Megs Mount' and 'Brass Bastion'.
Within easy reach are the Cheviots, which offer exceptional hill walking, the Farne Islands where seals and large numbers of seabirds are resident plus some excellent SCUBA diving. Lindisfarne of course is famous for its part in early Christianity in England (Check safe crossing times here.). The Tweed valley offers some of the best fishing in the UK and bird watching in the unspoiled countryside is a pleasure.
There are a large number of country houses nearby, which are open to the public including Paxton House and Manderston. Floors Castle at Kelso, and Alnwick Castle (the location for the 'Harry Potter' movie) both make interesting day-trips. Children will enjoy Heatherslaw Mill with its narrow gauge railway or feeding the animals at Conundrum Farm Trail.
The cottage enjoys panoramic views of the Cheviot Hills, and acres of beautiful countryside. It is open all year and even out of season is the ideal winter and early season retreat with its open fire and cosy soft furnishings. Adults and children alike will be fascinated by the pet llamas - Rowan and Mika. The friendly working collies are ever welcoming and George the rooster will sound your early morning call.
The cottage is 2½ miles from the nearest local Post Office and shops at East Ord. Berwick-upon-Tweed is only 4½ miles away and has a good selection of supermarkets, shops, pubs and restaurants, as well as a sports centre with swimming pool and arts centre. The long, sandy, Northumbrian beaches, such as Cocklawburn and Bamburgh, are only a few miles away.