Waterside Retreat is a detached holiday home in a superb position, just off the main River Bure, in the heart of Wroxham, Broadlands' liveliest village. With 5 bedrooms, 3 bathroom, luxurious kitchen with eating area it will very comfortably sleeps up to 11 people. This is an ideal holiday retreat in the Norfolk Broads and an excellent location for sailing, fishing and bird watching. Wi fi available.
Modern and furnished to a high standard of comfort, this charming holiday home is a perfect retreat at any time of the year and guests benefit from the use of a rowing dinghy.
Wroxham and Hoveton are divided by the River Bure, with the two villages generally referred to as Wroxham. It is one of the Norfolk Broads largest boat hire centres where you can enjoy river trips, hire a boat, enjoy some fishing, sailing, golf, cycling or walking with nature trails to follow.
|Size||Sleeps up to 11, 5 bedrooms|
|Nearest beach||Sea Palling 18 km|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Norwich International Airport 15 km, Nearest railway: Wroxham 2 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Boat available|
|General||Central heating, TV, CD player, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Rooms||5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms of which 2 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Furniture||Double beds (2), Single beds (7), Cots (1), Dining seats for 11, Lounge seats for 12|
|Other||Linen provided, High chair|
|Outdoors||Balcony or terrace, Private garden, Private fishing lake or river|
|Access||Parking, Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
• Living Room with comfortable seating, television with FreeView, DVD player, Radio/CD Player/iPod doc
• Dinning area off lounge will comfortably sit 11 people
• Leading from the lounge is the conservatory, with seating overlooking the water. A great place for a cup of tea or to relax with a book. Which in turn leads out onto the patio area, decked garden with picnic bench and the water's edge.
• Kitchen with separate eating area with comfortably sit 8 people with American fridge/freezer, electric hob/cooker, dishwasher, microwave and toaster
• Electricity and full gas Central heating included (reasonable use)
• Washing machine and tumble-dryer
• Den with seating for 2-3 with TV - ideal for children to have their own space
• Cot, high chair, stair gate
• TV's to 4 rooms all with Freeview to satisfy all tastes
• Broadband Internet access available (additional charge applies)
|Further details outdoors|
Approached by a brick driveway, Waterside Retreat has an enclosed garden with a selection of flower and shrub borders. The rear garden has a large quay headed mooring basin and there is a decked terrace, with a picnic table, which is a sunny spot and perfect for a glass of wine. There is access to a dyke which then leads to the main river.
Wroxham has become known as the capital of the Norfolk Broads, and is where boating holidays started in the late 1800's. It has become quite popular over the years with hotels, tea rooms and gift shops springing up near the river to attract holidaymakers to the village.
The left bank of the river is actually Hoveton St John, Hoveton being on the right, but they have both come to be known as Wroxham. There is a good range of shops, but the most famous is Roys of Wroxham, probably the largest village store in the country.
Downstream of the bridge the river opens up, with the Hotel Wroxham and many boatyards on the left and an attractive development of holiday homes and apartments on the right.
A little further on thatched cottages and lodges line the banks, long gardens sweep down to the waters edge, large houses can just be glimpsed through the trees. Soon the trees close in and Wroxham is left behind as the River Bure meanders along to to the next village of Horning.