'Near Holyrood Palace / Royal Mile with FREE parking/Wifi' is a fully owner managed/maintained, spacious, 2 bedroom apartment close to the Heart of Historical Edinburgh (see our map “photo”). The flat benefits from free WiFi and free on street parking, is just moments from the Palace of Holyrood House (the Queen's residence in Edinburgh) and is just 5 mins (off road) walk from the foot of Edinburgh's famous Royal Mile.
This modern central Edinburgh apartment occupies a quiet position on the first floor of a recently built (1997) development, situated near the end of a peaceful cul-de-sac that provides pedestrian access to Holyrood Park. There is a Secure (buzzer) Entry System with an intercom providing additional security, while the stairwell & surrounding gardens are well lit & kept clean / in good repair by paid “factors.”
The apartment is situated pretty much as close as you can get to all the historic Old Town sites and visitor attractions in Edinburgh with FREE on street parking. Most of central Edinburgh is unfortunately (expensive!) metered parking zones.
The apartment comprises an attractive, bright (south west facing), living room with plenty of room to kick back and relax after a hard day out seeing the sights or attending a work event. The living room has a large sofa bed, which pulls out very easily to form a good sized (6Ft 8') double bed, a separate couch and comfortable chairs. In addition there is a modern flat screen TV with DVD player (various DVD's provided), as well as an iPod docking / speaker / charger.
The modern kitchen is well provided with crockery, cutlery, glasses and kitchenware, a cooker, washer/dryer, dish washer, fridge, freezer & microwave. There is also a dining table which comfortably seats 6. In the vicinity there are a number of smaller shops as well as (7mins walk) the substantial Meadowbank shopping centre that includes a Sainsburys, TK Maxx and other outlets. However, for those that prefer to dine out, cosmopolitan Edinburgh is renowned for its large selection of restaurants, with a variety of restaurants / pubs nearby.
There is a spacious master bedroom with a King sized bed & walk through wardrobe to a recently installed en-suite shower room (including toilet & basin). The second bedroom is similarly large with 2 single beds and built in double wardrobes. The bath room, which has recently been modernised, comprises of a toilet, wash hand basin & bath with modern shower / shower screen.
A pleasant 5 minute walk through Holyrood Park takes you to the buses at the foot of the Royal Mile (including an Airport Link / tourist bus stop) or alternatively to London Road, a major access road, whose numerous bus routes provide access to the main tourist and shopping destinations.
Whenever possible, guests will be welcomed personally at the property for the handover of keys. As you would expect, crisp fresh linen, bath and hand towels are provided for guests. In addition, local information / literature, an iPod docking station and a small selection of books, DVDs & board games have been provided for your perusal.
|Size||Sleeps up to 6, 2 bedrooms|
|Rooms||2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms and 1 En suites|
|Check in time:||16:00|
|Check out time:||11:00|
|Nearest beach||Portobello 5 km|
|Will consider||Corporate bookings, Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest Amenities||100 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Edinburgh Airport 13 km, Nearest railway: Waverley Train Station 1 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player|
|General||Central heating, TV, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||1 Sofa beds, King Beds (1), Single beds (2), Cots (1), Dining seats for 6, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Towels provided, High chair|
|Access||Parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
Why the Owner Chose Edinburgh: The best of what Edinburgh has to offer is right on your door step. Scotland's premier tourist hub, namely the Holyrood Palace / Scottish Parliament / Arthur's Seat / Royal Mile / “Dynamic Earth” area, is within a 5min walk, while a 30 second walk in the other direction takes you to London Road (a major bus nexus providing access to Princes Street in 5mins and routes to the Old/New Town, the Royal Yacht and Edinburgh Zoo etc). And, despite its central location, the apartment benefits from much sought after FREE WiFi & on street parking!The Unique Benefits at this Apartment: Quite simply, its central location (see our map 'photo') close to the main attractions and stunning panoramic views of Holyrood Park (all 650 acres of it!). This high quality apartment has recently been modernised throughout, has lift/elevator access and is large by Edinburgh standards, meaning it can comfortably accommodate up to 6 people (check out our floor plan “photo”). Nearby there is a major shopping centre (3mins walk), other shops / pubs / restaurants and numerous bus stops (including an airport / tour bus stop). In short, this flat is a great base to make the most of your visit to Edinburgh!........ I speak English; however please note that over the years I have found Google Translate very effective for assisting with queries & handling bookings in other languages.
1) The apartment is very centrally located with all of Edinburgh's tourist attractions within easy reach (See our map “photo”). Ideally situated for the Royal Mile (5min walk), Palace of Holyrood House (5min walk), Scottish Parliament and Dynamic Earth (5min walk) as well as having the beautiful Holyrood Park right on the doorstep. Nearby, there are also numerous festival and 'Fringe' venues (it's a 15min walk through the park to the famous “Pleasance”), the Grassmarket / Cowgate (20min walk) and Edinburgh Castle (25min walk). In addition, the flat is a 30 second walk from London Road's buses (a major bus nexus, providing access to Princes Street in 5mins, the Old Town, New Town, the Royal Yacht, Edinburgh Zoo etc) and local shops/pubs.
2) Edinburgh: The Old Town's cobbled streets, closes (alleyways) and historic Victorian / Georgian architecture make it visually stunning. The grandeur of the New Town, designer/boutique shopping on George Street and an immense choice of restaurants and bars make it a city to suit everyone's taste and budget!
3) The Festival city: Festivals are what Edinburgh does best, with something going on all year round. The high summer Military Tattoo & International and the Fringe are perhaps the best known, however to name but a few Edinburgh hosts the Science festival (April), Film Festival (June), Jazz & Blues Festival (July), Book Festival, Mela (August) and numerous gourmet food events.
4) Entertainment: Edinburgh has a throbbing night-life, is home to various jazz bars, comedy clubs, while during the summer street entertainment & busking Bag Pipers are never far away. The nearby Playhouse (15-20mins) & Festival Theatre (25min walk) host an abundance of cultural events, including operas, ballets & stand up comedy shows.
5) Walking in The Green City: Edinburgh is a fantastic city to visit and is small enough to walk around. Holyrood Park, Princes Street gardens and the meadows (tennis & pitch n putt golf!) are popular places for a stroll, offering a change to the ever present guided historical / ghost tours! For the more energetic, Arthur's Seat (3min away), an extinct volcano, is crisscrossed with walking trails and is popular with runners / cyclists as well as tourists for some of the best views of the city from Salisbury Crags. In addition, the Botanical Gardens and Edinburgh Zoo (No. 26 bus from London Road, c30mins), home to the UK's only Giant Pandas, are both worth a visit and are accessible by nearby bus routes.
6) Running, Edinburgh Marathon: Billed as “the fastest marathon in the UK” and “one of the fastest in the World,” Edinburgh is expected to host 40,000+ elite athletes in May 2016.
7) Hogmanay, the Scottish New Year: The Scots word for “the last day of the year.” Enough said!All in all, in the sunshine there is nothing better than wandering around the streets soaking up the atmosphere. When it rains (which has been known!) you are never far from somewhere interesting to dash into out of the weather. Edinburgh boast a huge number of Art Galleries, Museums, theatres and live music venues as well as Cinema's, indoor shopping centres and entertainment Plaza's - something for everyone!
STRICTLY NO PARTIES!
NO SMOKING IN THE APARTMENT or STAIRWELL! … Please respect the no-smoking rule
NO PETS ARE ALLOWED!
Our apartment is in a residential block, please be respectful of the working professionals living in the apartments around you. This building is their home and as such they are under no obligation to put up with excessively loud music/TV noise and/or smoking in the stairwell. Please bear in mind that our neighbours can, and will, report any behaviour that contravenes these House Rules to the relevant authorities, which could entail a police caution or fine.
Finally, enough of the heavy stuff!..... We really appreciate you booking with us & hope you have a wonderful stay in our lovely home.