LAST MINUTE OFFER: SEPTEMBER 40% savings from 27 August onwards. From Euro 550 per week. SMALL SAFE TOWN. Chez Ann Marie is a Luxury 4 Star Apartment in an exclusive development with shared private pool in Capbreton - a traditional and picturesque French seaside town and fishing port near Biarritz on the Cote D'Argent (the Silver Coast). Lovely apartment sleeps up to 8 people but equally suitable for smaller group or couples. In unique location in Capbreton between the ocean and the forest. The accommodation is only a stroll to the town centre of Capbreton and close to the beach/surfing or 20 minutes from the surf in Biarritz.. An ideal place to relax and enjoy the wide range of leisure, sport, surfing, outdoor, recreational activities of the locality. Very high standard, many facilities, internet/wi-fi, Sat TV, SKY Sports. Awarded a Four Star rating by the Landes Tourist Office. Weather - warm and sunny, in the 20s/30s from end March - October. For 2016 - Basic Starter Pack for kitchen/bathroom plus two bottles of local wine to welcome you. 2016 - Prices held at 2009 level.
LAST MINUTE OFFER: SEPTEMBER 40% savings from 27 August onwards. From Euro 550 per week. SMALL SAFE TOWN.
|Size||Sleeps up to 8, 3 bedrooms|
|Rooms||3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms of which 1 family bathroom and 1 en suite|
|Nearest beach||Capbreton Oceanides 500 m|
|Nearest Amenities||300 m|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Biarritz 25 km, Nearest railway: Bayonne 18 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||Pets welcome, No smoking at this property|
|Luxuries||Internet access, DVD player, Staffed property|
|Pool||Shared outdoor pool (unheated)|
|General||Central heating, Air conditioning, TV, CD player, Safe, Satellite TV, Wi-Fi available|
|Standard||Kettle, Toaster, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Clothes dryer, Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Super King Beds (1), Double Beds (2), Sofa Beds (1), Dining seats for 8, Lounge seats for 6|
|Other||Linen provided, Towels provided, High chair available|
|Outdoors||Shared outdoor pool (unheated), Balcony or terrace, Shared garden, BBQ|
|Access||Secure parking, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details outdoors|
The apartment overlooks the shared private pool, the gardens, the old oak trees and the river, which provides a very welcoming and relaxing environment. A covered and well furnished balcony/terrace provides a very comfortable external living and dining area for both daytime and nights. Movable garden furniture is also provided. A dedicated internal locked garage is provided, as well as exterior visitor parking. The locked garage can also be used to store surfing or skiing equipment.
A Welcome Pack is provided on arrival. An English speaking representative will meet you and is available to answer any questions or deal with any problems, as well as a person to carry out any essential repairs. For 2015 - Basic Starter Pack for the kitchen/bathroom plus two bottles of local wine to welcome you.
Capbreton and the Sud Landes area around it is dominated by a landscape of ocean, lakes and the famous pine forests, making it an ideal place to relax and enjoy a wide range of leisure, sport and recreational activities. This area along the Cote d'Argent has been a favourite haunt of French people for many decades, but is now being discovered by many outside France. Weather - warm and sunny, in the 20s/30s from end March - October.
Capbreton is a town of around 7,500 people on the Southern coast of the Landes region (Landes Cote Sud) in South West France, close to Biarritz and the Pays Basque, the Spanish Border and the famous Basque cities of San Sebastian and Bilbao.
Capbreton is in many ways the perfect holiday destination with its mix of nature, water, beaches, forests, the port, the traditional French town and a very mild climate all year round.
Capbreton has the characteristics of a typical French town of the Landes region with its old buildings, town square, church, shops and markets. What makes it so attractive to visitors is its unique combination of beaches, port, promenade, shops, restaurants, real French ambience and things to do – something for people of all ages and interests. Here you can enjoy the sun, the sand, the sea and the forests, as well as leisure, sport and recreation activities and the life and culture of a traditional French Landaise town and the surrounding Landes region, the Pays Basque and Northern Spain.
Key features and things to do include
* Mild climate all year round making it an attractive place in all seasons. Weather - warm and sunny, in the 20s from end March - October
* The attractive port with 1,000 berths, the only one on the Landes coast and the largest on the Cote d'Argent
* The Beaches - 7 kms, the central beach and the private beaches stretching to the South bordered by the pines
* Surfing in the best surf waters in Europe: surfing first started in France in this area in 1957
* Many sport and leisure activities including Golf, Tennis, Football, Fishing, Sailing, Cycling, Walking, Go Karting, Bowling, Aquatic park
* Lively nightlife especially in the neighbouring Hossegor
The town is also blessed with an abundance of good restaurants with wide ranging menus including fish and seafood, at very reasonable prices - in many places there are 3 course menus for around €13.
There are many other attractions within easy striking distance of Capbreton, which are suitable for day-trips, including:
* Biarritz, Bayonne, St Jean de Luz and the Basque Country - only 20 minutes
* Rural Gascony with its traditional and slow pace of rural French life
* Northern Spain including the Spanish Basque cities of San Sebastian and Bilbao
* Spa and Thalassotherapy centres which the region is famous for
* Many inland lakes where you can also bathe
* Pyrenees only 1 hour away and Lourdes less than 2 hours away
* Pamplona - running with the bulls, only 11/2 hours away
AUTUMN/WINTER/SPRING – SPECIAL ATTRACTIONS
* Golfiing – Access to 8 outstanding Golf Courses within a one hour radius. The local club is Golf d'Hossegor – 5 minutes by car and around a 15 minute walk
* Surfing – Capbreton and Hossegor are all year round locations for surfing in the best surf waters in Europe
* Cycling – Relax and unwind along the cycle paths by the rivers and in the forests
* Walking – In the forests, along the rivers and in the Pyrenees
* Skiing – in the Pyrenees. The nearest resorts are Formigal at Auritz in Spain (100 kms), Les Chalets d'Irati near Larrau (130 kms France), Issarbe and Arette la Pierre St Martin south of Arette (140/150 kms France), Gourette, France (150 kms France)
* Spa/Thallasotherapy – Dax is the official spa capital of France and is only 35/40 minutes from Capbreton. There are numerous thermal health spa centres along the Côte Basque, including Hendaye, Biarritz and St Jean de Luz where you can have a spa on the beach.
* Rugby Biarritz – Enjoy watching one of France's leading rugby teams, 20 minutes away
* Good Food – The South West of France is renowned for its high quality food, especially fish and seafood
* Rest and Relax – Recharge your batteries when the high season is over in calm and tranquil surroundings of the ocean, forests and nature
* Mid Term Break and School Holidays – an ideal place for a short break
With a mild climate all year round and cheap flights in the off peak seasons, Capbreton and Chez Ann Marie is the perfect location to enjoy all these relaxing and renewing activities at any time.
For more information please see Tourism South West France and Office de Tourisme Capbreton.