A bijoux hideaway for couples, tucked away in a unique location for an intimate vacation, just for two
Located on the first floor, this loft style apartment in blue tones is divided into two areas
The day space with its kitchen and eating area. A fully equipped kitchen with hob, microwave, 2Os style fridge, and necessities like toaster, coffee maker
The night space, relax in the plush armchairs and enjoy the flat screen tv before drifting off to sleep in a comfortable king size bed
The modern bathroom is equipped with a walk in shower and washbasin .
Equipped with all modern conveniences, the apartment is fully air conditioned, possesses the latest integrated sound system and boasts movement activated sensitive lighting
A propos du linge et du ménage
- le linge de maison (draps et serviettes de toilette) n'est pas compris dans le prix
Si vous souhaitez un kit linge, au moment de la finalisation de votre réservation, veuillez nous le préciser lors de celle-ci.
- le logement doit être remis propre, une vérification sera effectuée lors de votre départ.
Si vous souhaitez la prestation ménage de fin de séjour, au moment de la finalisation de votre réservation, veuillez nous le préciser lors de celle-ci.
Taxe de séjour de 0.33€ par personne à régler.
|Size||Sleeps up to 2, 1 bedrooms|
|Rooms||1 bedroom, 1 bathrooms of which 1 Family bathrooms|
|Will consider||Long term lets (over 1 month)|
|Access||Car not necessary|
|Nearest travel links||Nearest airport: Bergerac 60 km, Nearest railway: Sarlat 3 km|
|Family friendly||Great for children of all ages|
|Notes||No pets allowed, No smoking at this property|
|General||Air conditioning, TV, CD player|
|Standard||Kettle, Iron, Hair dryer|
|Utilities||Dishwasher, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine|
|Furniture||Single beds (2), Dining seats for 2, Lounge seats for 2|
|Access||Suitable for people with restricted mobility, Not suitable for wheelchair users|
|Further details indoors|
Welcome to the Residence 'La Rastignac' located at one of the most prestigious addresses of the famous medieval city of Sarlat, 'Cour des Fontaines', reputed for its calm and authenticity yet right in the centre overlooking what was once the Benedictine Abbey over a thousand years ago
Le Rastignac is composed of 4 apartments for 2 to 4 people, beautifully renovated by a Parisian interior designer to provide contemporary comfort but yet preserving the historical charm of this old building. Air conditioning, centralised music system, king size beds or twin beds, walk in showers, movement activated sensitive lighting , our objective is to provide you with a unique holiday experience ! A secure entrance leads to a communal relaxation reading area with its grandiose original stone fireplace. Guests also have the advantage of the full use of the communal laundry
Final Cleaning = 34€
Washing machine and Clothes dryer(commun)
With more than a thousand and one castles, and numerous villages classed as being the most beautiful in France, The Dordogne is a major tourist attraction.
Sarlat is also registered as being within a remarkable cultural environment due to its proximity to some of the most prestigious sites – Lascaux, Beynac, Domme, La Roque, Gageac – as well as chateaux, abbeys and some breathtaking public gardens.
Dordogne is the 3rd largest department in France. It enjoys a varied and temperate climate, even though the winters might be a bit colder than in the UK.The average temperature during summertime is 30°C and the first frosts usually appaer at the end of October.
Sarlat, a town of art and history, is part of a European network. The town is engaged in heightening public awareness of both inhabitants and tourists towards its environment, to initiate an appreciation in the young for architecture and urbanism. The organisers in charge of the town’s heritage, in association with the future museum’s curator, have set up an action programme for the year : themed visits, development of guides, competitive games, heritage days and nights, exhibitions. The town is not only appealing : its history is fascinating.
Since over a thousand years, the town has developed around an important Benedictine abbey, built during the roman period, in the 12th century, erected as a diocese in the 14th century. The town of consuls, nobles and tradesmen, became one of jurists and clerks who surrounded the bishop.
After the wars of 100 Years’, Religion and the Fronde, from the 14th to 17th century, the town rediscovered its golden age, thanks to the “noblesse de robe” and their high magistrates who exercised royal justice for the Presidial. They smartened up Sarlat with new and grand dwellings built with towers, symbols of the noblesse. This was also the period of the Humanists.
La Boetie was born here and was initiated very early to the spirit of the Renaissance. Jean Tarde, the bishop’s right-hand man, met Galilee in Florence and remained in contact with him for his astronomical experiences. Fenelon, a private tutor, was employed as priest in Sarlat, by his uncle, bishop of the diocese.
More recently, the creation of the “Festival des Jeux du Théâtre” in 1952 gave a new momentum to the town. Personalities became conscious of the interest raised towards its heritage, rediscovered by performers of stage and film. Sarlat was the first town to apply the “Loi Malraux” (Mulraux Law) voted for in 1962 to restore the historic centres, “the protected sectors”. It was a second rebirth.
Our vacation rental is inside the historical centre of Sarlat. an opportunity to stay in one of France's most beautiful and fascinating locations
Sarlat is also a town of culture by way of its numerous festivals, concerts and exhibitions.
- Sarlat, the patron of musicians, sculpters, street artists and creators, distinguished and some well-known names. Carzou, Bernard Buffet, Weisbuch, O’Galop, Cocteau, Combas - but also local artists with great reputations, Alain Carrier, and even the architect, Jean Nouvel.
- Sarlat, natural decor for the seventh art : the reason being due to its beautiful landscapes and its rich heritage, Sarlat is a region used often as a film location for directors of period movies. Amongst some of the latest big screen productions one can cite “Les Miserables”, "Les Dames Galantes" ("Gallant Ladies"), "La Fille de d'Artagnan" ("d'Artagnan’s Daughter"), "Cendrillon" ("Cinderella'") and even "Jeanne d'Arc" ("Joan of Arc").
- The "Festival du Film" of Sarlat : the cinema holds a place in the cultural life of the locals. The festival of cinema unfolds each year in November in the capital of the Périgord Noir. It reunites a number of actors and stars from the big screen, directors, producers and technicians bringing in more than 800 young students of Terminale “option cinema” from France and overseas.
- The "Festival des Jeux du Théâtre" of Sarlat : with Avignon, this is the oldest festival in France, and opens in mid-July and runs to the beginning of August, within a remarkable natural enclosure, at the heart of the medieval city. Marked by a strict tradition, it has always appealed to directors in presenting performances of superior quality.
Truffles, foie gras, wid mushrooms like cepes, girolles and morels, nuts, confits (meats preserved in fat) and fine country meats, chestnuts, strawberries, liquors and brandies… just some of the wonderful jewels of this land’s gourmet cuisine.
On this land of the “Good Life” it is with convivial spirit that local recipes are passed on from generation to generation and have contributed to a gastronomic reputation that justifies in itself the influx of visitors received from around the world.